Would You ? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Would You ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 11:19 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Tennessee is seeing red after resident gets busted in the big apple.

http://m.nbcnewyork.com/nbcnewyork/pm_107634/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=ifhH5l8m

NEVER FORGET

Old 01-27-2012, 02:34 AM   #12

Yep! I have to fly into Ga. 3 or 4 times per year. We have family there. Georgia is not reciprocal with Iowa.

I can't carry but most of the people I'm with down there do.

"The older I get, The better I was"

Old 01-27-2012, 03:10 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Tennessee is seeing red after resident gets busted in the big apple.

http://m.nbcnewyork.com/nbcnewyork/pm_107634/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=ifhH5l8m
Yup. I kinda got the discussion thread about that closed over at TFL. \

The short version of my opinion is that if TN is going to take action against NYC residents for the stupidity of their laws, speeding tickets doesn't seem the most relevant way to me. I would suggest that IF TN wants some base level payback that they should no longer honor the few carry permits Bloomerberg and his cronies have or the badges of any NYC or law enforcement officer as a TN-legal carry permit. Further, TN should require that NO TN agencies purchase any goods or services from NYC-based companies.

The lady made a mistake and broke a moronic but currently in-force law.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:52 AM   #14

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I have to at least go to DC... they won't let me take a leak from the top of lady liberty so that would be no fun
But DC my cousin's on the Vietnam wall and since he was dead 15 or 20 years before I was born, I think it'd be a cool way to connect with my "kin." Other than that I already live in a liberal hell hole and have no desire to live or visit another one. After breathing the free air in Nevada, Arizona, and Utah, I just about cried at having to go back.

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 01-27-2012, 08:23 AM   #15

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I Myself live in Tennessee which has reciprocity with most states but I would consider Cali just becouse they have some awesome rivers to raft and kayak been there many years ago but doubtful I would go back .Also I would like to go to D.C. @ some point in my life .As far as the rest NO STINKING WAY !

" TO EACH HIS OWN "

Old 01-27-2012, 09:55 AM   #16
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7106 Times on 4277 Posts
Likes Given: 8625

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
No need to. Florida is nearby and has very nice vacation spots. I've got nothing for California, or New York, our pretty much any state in the new england area, and I have no need to even breathe the word "chicago".
Okay, I live in Illinois and I know we can't CC. But the post I quoted here has a very common 'misconception' in it. Trip, you listed several states. But let me tell you...."Chicago" is NOT A STATE. It is a city in Illinois. And Chicago is Illinois biggest problem. The majority of the population lives in Chicago and though the rest of the State might not agree with Chicago ideals and politics, when Chicago people vote they make the rules for the whole darned state. But I know there has been a push for CC in Illinois. Gun purchases have increased 16% in the last year here in Illinois. CC is going to happen for us. It may take a couple years but I definitely see it in my future.

Again, please let me remind everyone Chicago is not a state. It is a city in the State of Illinois.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #17

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Don't forget MD , its a beautful and diverse state. Mountains in the western part and to the east the Chesapeake Bay , eastern shore and Ocean City but aw hell you may as well come to VA we've got all that plus we can carry. You can't in MD

Old 01-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #18

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I know chicago is a city, I mentioned it specifically for the same reason I should have mentioned NYC specifically, instead of the entire state of New York.

These two cities are (by the impression I get) more draconian than the rest of the state where they are located.

Last edited by trip286; 01-27-2012 at 12:46 PM.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverg420 View Post
Would You take a vacation to a state that doesnt recognize your ccw permit ?
For a vacation? No!

Old 01-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Okay, I live in Illinois and I know we can't CC. But the post I quoted here has a very common 'misconception' in it. Trip, you listed several states. But let me tell you...."Chicago" is NOT A STATE. It is a city in Illinois. And Chicago is Illinois biggest problem. The majority of the population lives in Chicago and though the rest of the State might not agree with Chicago ideals and politics, when Chicago people vote they make the rules for the whole darned state. But I know there has been a push for CC in Illinois. Gun purchases have increased 16% in the last year here in Illinois. CC is going to happen for us. It may take a couple years but I definitely see it in my future.

Again, please let me remind everyone Chicago is not a state. It is a city in the State of Illinois.
In that case, I would reconcider Illinois if CC was permitted.

I would still avoid Chicago like the plague though.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 01-27-2012 at 12:44 PM.