Would You ?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Would You ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2012, 08:53 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default Would You ?

Would You take a vacation to a state that doesnt recognize your ccw permit ?

" TO EACH HIS OWN "

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-26-2012, 08:58 PM   #2

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Nope and I don't

Old 01-26-2012, 09:12 PM   #3

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

No need to. Florida is nearby and has very nice vacation spots. I've got nothing for California, or New York, our pretty much any state in the new england area, and I have no need to even breathe the word "chicago".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking those states, or our fine members that live there, they just have nothing I want to see, except for the attractions in DC. One day I will have to go check all those out. Of course that's about a week long obligation, but sometimes a sacrifice is necessary.

Someone made the comment on another thread about 1 percenter biker gangs carrying big maglights for a reason. Last I checked, flashlights have not been outlawed anywhere.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:20 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I would LOVE to go after one of the many teaching positions in Cali, but i couldn't take my favorite firearms or my car, so screw even vacationing there for me.

As far as NYC (not yer city) or $hitcago washington DC (don't care), i feel bad for the people/serfs who live there, and would hate to see them suffering first-hand. People talk about all the monuments in Don'tCare and the statue of Lady Liberty in the rotten apple, but honestly, the very fact that such supposedly inspirational monuments and landmarks are surrounded by such anti-American crap, lies, and laws disgusts me and would ruin the visit for me.

I know, i know; i'm one of those pessimistic jerks who would complain about the tiniest little turd in his hot fudge sunday, when everybody says it is easier just to shut up and munch down, but i have trouble choking down crap. Sorry.

edit* I currently enjoy permit-free car carry in MS.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 01-26-2012 at 09:24 PM.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:23 PM   #5

Liked 260 Times on 180 Posts
Likes Given: 367

34 states honor Florida's CCW so im good. id like to go see the grand canyon before i die otherwise i live in central fla so its like living in a vacation

" Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. " - Benjamin Franklin

Old 01-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #6

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Their are only two places that i really want to go,and both allow CCW..Las Vegas Nevada and Florida. Every once in a while i like taking the family to Six Flags in Texas ,gotta love the free state of Texas!

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 01-26-2012, 09:31 PM   #7

Liked 2763 Times on 1244 Posts
Likes Given: 2660

When I go west from Ohio I drive south first just so I don't have to go through Illinois.

Old 01-26-2012, 10:47 PM   #8

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

I wouldn't take a leak in any state that doesn't share reciprocity with NC nevermind a vacation...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 01-26-2012, 11:18 PM   #9

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Sadly I live in Illinos, so I suppose taking a vacation to CA, or NY would be a slight change, however, I do all I can to not spend my money in places like that. Hell, I try to spend my money in IN when I can. All the black powder guns I buy, I go to IN for, same with my fishing gear (or I buy online). I'd buy gas and food there too if it was closer.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:36 PM   #10
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

There are many gun friendly states with awesome attractions, sights, and things to do. So, I will never (if I can help it) step foot in California, Illinois, or New York. I would add D.C. to that list, but I would go there to see some of the monuments. Otherwise, I wouldn't step foot in that gun hating hell hole either.