Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Would You ? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/would-you-56384/)

Riverg420 01-26-2012 07:53 PM

Would You ?

Would You take a vacation to a state that doesnt recognize your ccw permit ?

opaww 01-26-2012 07:58 PM

Nope and I don't

trip286 01-26-2012 08:12 PM

No need to. Florida is nearby and has very nice vacation spots. I've got nothing for California, or New York, our pretty much any state in the new england area, and I have no need to even breathe the word "chicago".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking those states, or our fine members that live there, they just have nothing I want to see, except for the attractions in DC. One day I will have to go check all those out. Of course that's about a week long obligation, but sometimes a sacrifice is necessary.

Someone made the comment on another thread about 1 percenter biker gangs carrying big maglights for a reason. Last I checked, flashlights have not been outlawed anywhere.

orangello 01-26-2012 08:20 PM

I would LOVE to go after one of the many teaching positions in Cali, but i couldn't take my favorite firearms or my car, so screw even vacationing there for me.

As far as NYC (not yer city) or $hitcago washington DC (don't care), i feel bad for the people/serfs who live there, and would hate to see them suffering first-hand. People talk about all the monuments in Don'tCare and the statue of Lady Liberty in the rotten apple, but honestly, the very fact that such supposedly inspirational monuments and landmarks are surrounded by such anti-American crap, lies, and laws disgusts me and would ruin the visit for me.

I know, i know; i'm one of those pessimistic jerks who would complain about the tiniest little turd in his hot fudge sunday, when everybody says it is easier just to shut up and munch down, but i have trouble choking down crap. Sorry.

edit* I currently enjoy permit-free car carry in MS.

Gh0zt36 01-26-2012 08:23 PM

34 states honor Florida's CCW so im good. id like to go see the grand canyon before i die otherwise i live in central fla so its like living in a vacation

MrWray 01-26-2012 08:24 PM

Their are only two places that i really want to go,and both allow CCW..Las Vegas Nevada and Florida. Every once in a while i like taking the family to Six Flags in Texas ,gotta love the free state of Texas!

rjd3282 01-26-2012 08:31 PM

When I go west from Ohio I drive south first just so I don't have to go through Illinois.

vincent 01-26-2012 09:47 PM

I wouldn't take a leak in any state that doesn't share reciprocity with NC nevermind a vacation...:cool:

JD1969 01-26-2012 10:18 PM

Sadly I live in Illinos, so I suppose taking a vacation to CA, or NY would be a slight change, however, I do all I can to not spend my money in places like that. Hell, I try to spend my money in IN when I can. All the black powder guns I buy, I go to IN for, same with my fishing gear (or I buy online). I'd buy gas and food there too if it was closer.

texaswoodworker 01-26-2012 10:36 PM

There are many gun friendly states with awesome attractions, sights, and things to do. So, I will never (if I can help it) step foot in California, Illinois, or New York. I would add D.C. to that list, but I would go there to see some of the monuments. Otherwise, I wouldn't step foot in that gun hating hell hole either. :D