Worst Job?? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Worst Job??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 06:20 PM   #21
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
I got a free Kirby "Diamond Edition" because the dip****s that came to my house left with my $189 Hoover without my permission.
Yeah, I was young and impressionable back then and quickly figured out what was up. I would have done the same thing. Likely your hoover had already been sold at the flea market for 10 bucks.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:26 PM   #22

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Michalik View Post
Yeah, I was young and impressionable back then and quickly figured out what was up. I would have done the same thing. Likely your hoover had already been sold at the flea market for 10 bucks.
More than likely it was thrown in the dumpster behind the once-vacant, now-rented-by-Kirby office space... I answered one of their deceptive ads when I was just out of high school. They never mentioned what the job was, just "Wanted: People desiring to make a lot of money" or some such crap. When I showed up and listened to their sales pitch I got up in the middle of it, made a lot of noise, and left...the following week they ran another add "Wanted: People to make lots of money, in place of those who didn't".
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 07-09-2009, 06:38 PM   #23

Liked 1396 Times on 828 Posts
Likes Given: 427

I can't say I hated it because there were parts that were great but Circuit City salesman is probably my worst job because of the management. I sold computers and I was really good at selling customers what they needed. Well management doesn't care what they need, they want them to buy what Circuit City wants them to buy. I didn't do that, I also refused to be pushy on the service contracts which is where most of my income was made, but I wouldn't lie to the customer about what it covered which was the main tactic to selling it, scare the customer into buying it. 6 months after starting I joined the military. The 80+ hour weeks also didn't make it fun but everyone who worked there was in the same boat so we would all hang out with each other and they would sneak a few of us who were under age into the bars after work so that was fun.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:37 PM   #24

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3485 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
I answered one of their deceptive ads when I was just out of high school. They never mentioned what the job was, just "Wanted: People desiring to make a lot of money" or some such crap.
Guilty. I actually went to the three days of the "training" which was all role playing and there was this hot gal there I was trying to get with who was my "partner".

Once they said our first "shift" was going to be a gang of us, in a van, doing cold calling in this neighborhood I knew for a fact wasn't going to be buying any of these vacuums, and we were doing it starting 1800 on a Thursday night, I disappeared never to be seen again... LOL

JD

Old 07-09-2009, 07:42 PM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Guilty. I actually went to the three days of the "training" which was all role playing and there was this hot gal there I was trying to get with who was my "partner".

Once they said our first "shift" was going to be a gang of us, in a van, doing cold calling in this neighborhood I knew for a fact wasn't going to be buying any of these vacuums, and we were doing it starting 1800 on a Thursday night, I disappeared never to be seen again... LOL

JD
See, that crap makes me want to murder baby easter chicks. It's just manipulation, not sales. The only ones who take a beating are the sales staff, not the management. You want to make money in a bad neighborhood? Become a Glock salesman in Compton.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:08 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
You want to make money in a bad neighborhood? Become a Glock salesman in Compton.
I was thinking about opening a "Glock & Forty" Store - I would have the locals lined up 'ROUND DA BLOCK!!

Old 07-09-2009, 08:29 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I spent a few months as a dishwasher before I quit to clean houseboats. Both jobs sucked.

My current job is hard physical labor that requires me to be underground for 12 hours at a time. I work 30 12 hours days in a row, with only a 24 hour break half way through. I absolutely love it though and the money they throw at me is stupid amounts. If they could keep me at work for more than a few months at a time, I'd break 6 figures.

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:34 PM   #28

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

How much do you make in a 30 period, Matt?

Old 07-09-2009, 09:05 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
How much do you make in a 30 period, Matt?
Isn't that a bit of a personal question??

Old 07-09-2009, 09:07 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
I spent a few months as a dishwasher before I quit to clean houseboats. Both jobs sucked.
I had a lot of friends who worked at restaurants when i lived in Memphis, TN; they reported that most of the dishwashers liked their jobs. Of course, most of them were on work release from the County Penal Farm & washing dishes was a good way to get a decent meal.