Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   The World's Most Interesting Ammo (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/worlds-most-interesting-ammo-74810/)

TWMIM 10-22-2012 12:53 AM

The World's Most Interesting Ammo

Some guys will spend $1000 on a cool AR, then shoot some Wolf through it.

Some guys drop a grand on a Kimber, and it's Winchester White Box.

Other guys buy a $100 Cobra .380, and compensate by buying some insanely expensive ammo that they won't shoot, because it's made of Wolverine's skeleton.

This thread is about shooting.

And dispelling myth.

And it's all about interesting.

All are welcome to participate. All manner of firearm is allowed. Variety of targets is encouraged. Whatever super deluxe ammo you acquire is welcome.

The only rule is that this MUST be done safely. This is in the public forum, outsiders are watching.

Pumpkins, beware....

dog2000tj 10-22-2012 12:56 AM

you still have any more of those Zombie targets? ;)

Dillinger 10-22-2012 01:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dog2000tj (Post 985068)
you still have any more of those Zombie targets? ;)

But of course......

TWMIM 10-22-2012 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 985073)
But of course......

I talked J.D. into buying some insane shotgun slugs, we had a thread in mind, never got around to it.

With all of the zombie rounds, plus that insane stuff at the Ninja table at the gun show, plus the crazy stuff that the big companies come up with, there's no reason that this thread can't be supremely awesome.

Dillinger 10-22-2012 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWMIM (Post 985076)
I talked J.D. into buying some insane shotgun slugs, we had a thread in mind, never got around to it.

I tested them with the alien abduction targets, only paper, but they worked really well.

Pumpkins would be INTERESTING indeed, I just need a place to shoot outdoors, which is rare around these parts without owning a Jeep and going deep into the mountains. :o

dog2000tj 10-22-2012 01:29 AM

see TWMIM .... now the doll gag comes full circle ;) ... you can test your new "special ammo" on your beloved Brad :p

it's all part of the plan :D

dog2000tj 10-22-2012 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 985073)
But of course......

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWMIM (Post 985076)

With all of the zombie rounds, plus that insane stuff at the Ninja table at the gun show, plus the crazy stuff that the big companies come up with, there's no reason that this thread can't be supremely awesome.

I was thinking of using small charges of tannerite on the backsides of the targets :eek: ... just not sure if the folks at my range will allow it :o

Dillinger 10-22-2012 01:32 AM

Tannerite is a dedicated NO-NO at my outdoor range. As is physical targets like pumpkins and fruit. Sadly it's the only 600 yard range in the area, so I abide by their rules. :o

Mosin 10-22-2012 01:40 AM

My back yard is 505 yards long...

In other words... My world is your oyster.

dog2000tj 10-22-2012 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 985098)
Tannerite is a dedicated NO-NO at my outdoor range. As is physical targets like pumpkins and fruit. Sadly it's the only 600 yard range in the area, so I abide by their rules. :o

i think mine is the same :o ... but nobody is ever there and if I clean up real nice who would be the wiser? Besides, our range only has like 40 members, I don't think they can afford to lose anyone

especially someone as awesome as me :D