Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   world famous bobski mystery thing, pic #234 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/world-famous-bobski-mystery-thing-pic-234-a-89618/)

bobski 04-26-2013 03:50 PM

world famous bobski mystery thing, pic #234

2 Attachment(s)
for those that know me all over the net, you know my story. but for those that dont, many years ago my father took ill. i went home to live with my parents for 4 years, to tend to him till his death.
in my off time, i spent the days going thru my fathers warehouse trying to identify things he had, since part of his illness was he lost his mind and couldnt speak.
dad was a carpenter.
he had thousands of tools and equipment left over from thousands of jobs. he never threw anything away. you get the picture.
so what id do to keep from going crazy locked up in a house bathing him 3 times day, is i'd posts pics of things i couldnt figure out.
dads long gone, but the task of clearing out his warehouse goes on. and my big fear is throwing something incomplete out, thinking its junk, only to open another box and find the thing needed to make that something work that just got thrown out. we've all been in that situation before, right?
the second pic is an example of what i was up against. here, i was sorting door knob sets making complete ones, to pass time. the next week i matched keys to them all, found in a cigar box.
i did this to help offset the medical bills mom was getting for his care. a lot was sold on ebay before ebay got greedy. now i do it just to do it.
as you all age, youll find yourselves in this life situation as your parents age and depart. some of you already know what im going thru. if i can make it a game, it doesnt hurt as much remembering it all as i go thru it.
so....im on now on pic 234.

care to play?

please tell me what this plugs into.
thanks!
:)

Cattledog 04-26-2013 03:54 PM

It plugs into...an electronic device with a proprietary power input. Possibly a ....pda but more likely a cell phone. I doubt it goes to a modern smartphone, as most android based are mini or micro USB and it doesnt look like an iphone P/A to me.

Trez 04-26-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cattledog (Post 1227799)
It plugs into...an electronic device with a proprietary power input. Possibly a ....pda but more likely a cell phone. I doubt it goes to a modern smartphone, as most android based are mini or micro USB and it doesnt look like an iphone P/A to me.

Like he said.. Ancient cell phone charger... :p

trip286 04-26-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trez (Post 1227825)
Like he said.. Ancient cell phone charger... :p

Had one, I believe it was a motorola, maybe something else. The little release buttons on the sides....

That's one thing I'd toss in the roundfile.

Cattledog 04-26-2013 04:22 PM

OOH. I didnt see the other pic before. Those are doorknobs! What do i win?

bobski 04-26-2013 04:36 PM

dad had a pickle. i'll bet thats what it was to. sound about right? circa 2001. it was just before he got sick.

boatme98 04-26-2013 06:52 PM

An electric pickle?
Sounds dangerous.

texaswoodworker 04-26-2013 07:14 PM

I know what that is! Its a thingamajig. It connects to a dohicky, and it does something or other. :D :p

KJG67 04-26-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobski
please tell me what this plugs into.
thanks!
:)

First one - likely a Palm Pilot
Second ones - doors :)

rurak 04-26-2013 07:52 PM

Looks like a Nextel charger to me.....