Workout Diets? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Workout Diets?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 09:18 PM   #11
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7788 Times on 4676 Posts
Likes Given: 9780

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
Marley Mellow mun....!
Well, I'd rather be in Jamaica than Mexico.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #12

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Like Jstrong said. Chicken and tuna til you don't wanna see it again. Try going heavy as you can for 3-5 reps til you can't anymore, then load the bar with a weight you can't do, and with a spotter do negatives. Hold the weight letting it down slow. Tears you up pretty good.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:57 PM   #13

Liked 287 Times on 193 Posts

For proteins:
Chicken
Eggs (yes the yolks too)
Beans
Tuna
Nuts
Cottage cheese (a must for late meals)

For carbs:
Oats(not instant)
Beans(yes again)
Granola
Whole grain pasta
Brown rice
Fruits and veggies

Old 02-05-2013, 10:34 PM   #14

Liked 258 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Just eat. A bunch. Clean stuff though.

When I was like 23 I got up to 185 at 5'6" but I was eating 2 chicken breasts at every meal abusing the hell out of Syntha6 and doing 2 a days. With the increased protein intake, make sure you're drinking enough water and stay hydrated.

A casein protein before bed will help out too.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:29 AM   #15

Liked 287 Times on 193 Posts

Frequent, small-med, balanced meals. 5-6 evenly spaced feedings are best for keeping your metabolism firing and a steady flow of nutrients your body needs to be in a "building" state

Old 02-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #16

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

So after reading through all of this and looking online, Friday, I am going to pick up 4lb of protein to make shakes and start a new diet. The fried foods late at night and beers are going to be cut way back and changed with peanut butter and grilled chicken/fish along with more veggies. What are some good protein powders? I've used muscle milk before in the past and it never did anything for me, except make me want to throw up. Also, I'd like to get back into running more so would that effect me positively overall or negatively size wise since I'd be burning a lot more calories? My last biometric screening from my work said I was 139 about a month ago so when I go to the gym later, I'll weigh for an accurate measurement. My goal is to be 155 to 160 by the middle of May. If y'all have any good workout routines, it'd be greatly appreciated

Old 02-06-2013, 09:37 PM   #17

Liked 258 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Syntha 6. It's a protein blend and it's freakin delicious. Don't buy it from GNC. TFsupplements sells it for a whole lot cheaper.

Running is a catabolic activity but you can still get some miles in and not have it hinder your gain. Just as long as you eat enough.

I would say 2 miles in your warm up or cool down wouldn't hurt you. Sprints are a good way to do cardio and trigger muscle growth. When you do short bursts instead of long aerobic activities, your body builds muscle instead of breaking it down.

... and if ya wanna get big, make sure to work legs and incorporate some hip centric exercises. Your legs and butt are the majority of muscles in your body.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:52 PM   #18

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001
So after reading through all of this and looking online, Friday, I am going to pick up 4lb of protein to make shakes and start a new diet. The fried foods late at night and beers are going to be cut way back and changed with peanut butter and grilled chicken/fish along with more veggies. What are some good protein powders? I've used muscle milk before in the past and it never did anything for me, except make me want to throw up. Also, I'd like to get back into running more so would that effect me positively overall or negatively size wise since I'd be burning a lot more calories? My last biometric screening from my work said I was 139 about a month ago so when I go to the gym later, I'll weigh for an accurate measurement. My goal is to be 155 to 160 by the middle of May. If y'all have any good workout routines, it'd be greatly appreciated
Since your a little guy trying to pack on the pounds,is recommend looking at something more than just plain protein for your shakes. Maybe try something like BSN True-Mass, or similar weight gainers (they are packed with huge amounts of protein and good carbs and other macro-nutrients).

And a little running wont hurt,it would be best served if you jogged a couple miles before a workout,you get to run a little and get your blood moving and heart rate up before you start a workout. Try and keep it 15 minutes or less per workout though,any more wont be very beneficial to your goals.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:55 PM   #19

Liked 91 Times on 67 Posts

Follow Dr. Nick's advice...

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=VI8tl0HH1eg&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DVI8 tl0HH1eg

Old 02-06-2013, 09:57 PM   #20

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

Also like someone else mentioned dont just do Arms,Chest,Abs,and the typical muscles people want most to grow. That's a rookie mistake and will end up hurting you if your not working out your back and legs, you CAN NOT reach a full potential of growth and strength in other areas of your body if you aren't developing your Back,Legs,and Core muscles as these muscles are used in almost all movements and lifts. A fully developed back core and legs is the difference in just looking like you workout... And being able to pick up the rear end of a pickup.