Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Workout Diets? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/workout-diets-83462/)

ShagNasty1001 02-05-2013 05:25 PM

So I just found out I am going to Mexico in May as sort of a thank The Lord school is over/congrats on completing blackjack dealer training for me from my roommates and friends (I know, could of picked a much better place..). My question is what is a good workout diet to help me get bigger? I practically live at the gym if I'm not working but have ran out of protein powder and haven't bought anymore until Friday. I have been getting stronger but haven't gotten bigger even with the low reps/high weight lifting. Any ideas?

Jstrong 02-05-2013 06:02 PM

Step one: buy lots of chicken

Step two:eat it till you hate it

Step three: eat it more

But seriously,protein is what builds muscle. If you can't get it in a shake,get it through solid food. That means chicken/fish.Some red meat won't hurt either (it digests very slowly and a steak before bed will feed your body protein throughout the night).

Almonds and the like are good too. If your a naturally scrawny build then loading up on good carbs will help too,but if your body likes to store fat then it can get tricky juggling carbs without going overboard.

I knew a guy who got ALL his protein from solid foods and he was absolutely shredded but real muscly too,like a smaller version of Alastair overeem. But he ate just as many grams of protein as most die hard protein shake users do and that's no easy task when your shoving your mouth with a whole chicken coupe throughout the day.

ShagNasty1001 02-05-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jstrong
Step one: buy lots of chicken

Step two:eat it till you hate it

Step three: eat it more

But seriously,protein is what builds muscle. If you can't get it in a shake,get it through solid food. That means chicken/fish.Some red meat won't hurt either (it digests very slowly and a steak before bed will feed your body protein throughout the night).

Almonds and the like are good too. If your a naturally scrawny build then loading up on good carbs will help too,but if your body likes to store fat then it can get tricky juggling carbs without going overboard.

I knew a guy who got ALL his protein from solid foods and he was absolutely shredded but real muscly too,like a smaller version of Alastair overeem. But he ate just as many grams of protein as most die hard protein shake users do and that's no easy task when your shoving your mouth with a whole chicken coupe throughout the day.

I'm 5'9" and 145 haha and have only gained 5 pounds in the past 4 months. I never thought about chicken, but I have been trying to eat as much pasta as I can. It's hard for me to hold on weight

dango 02-05-2013 06:27 PM

May I politely suggest ?

Cut up into little pieces "Arnold Schwartzegger , Swhatsenager , Shwatseniggar......Whatever" !
Baste titillatingly with butter and shrooms and just so Gently apply heat source!

"You'll Be Baaaccck..! :D

Don drink thee Water..! :D

Jstrong 02-05-2013 06:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001

I'm 5'9" and 145 haha and have only gained 5 pounds in the past 4 months. I never thought about chicken, but I have been trying to eat as much pasta as I can. It's hard for me to hold on weight

Well it sounds like you have a high metabolism and your body is burning up those carbs from pasta as fast as you can put it in,so I wouldn't worry about carb load up. But I would switch your focus to ingesting as much pristine in your diet as possible as protein is the only macronutrients that will help you put muscle on. Start eating as much chicken and fish as you can stand and see if that doesn't help, tearing into peanut butter will also help you put weight on as its both protein and carb rich. start looking up high protein,mass building diets and trying them.

The write ups on bodybuilding.com are great source of information.

You can work your little heart out in the gym lifting but if your body doesn't have the protein to turn that into muscle then its all for naught.

My body is opposite from yours,I'm a naturally large guy but if I'm not working out and eating right I tend to store excess weight as more fat than muscle so I really had to watch my carbs. Not to say its going to be easier for you,bc while I have no problem putting the weight on(not always the right kind though) guys like you have a harder time putting weight of any type on.

This was me at my biggest. I worked out of town the whole last half of last year and got knocked back out of shape and I'm still trying to get back into a routine again.which us difficult bc while I have no problem getting to the gym and lifting,I need to run/cardio some extra fat I put on working out of town before I can do that.

Attachment 83666

bige91603 02-05-2013 07:01 PM

I was in the same spot coming into college football a few years ago, i was undersized due to prior injury.

Our athletic weight trainer changed that in a few months. Im not one to become a huge muscle freak because flex ability and agility are more important.

Start off with a non stop high intensity workout, chest and triceps day one, cardio day two, shoulders/traps day three, cardio day four, legs day five and then two consecutive rest days. You can do light cardio and tons of stretching these days. Do this for 3 weeks and on week 4 do a briefer light version. And repeat. Make sure you stretch and warm up before and after all workouts. The expansion of the damaged muscle tissue will allow increased mass and faster recovery.

Then on the diet, stick to the outside walls of the grocery store. All natural foods, vegetables, pasta and tons of meat (chicken and fish mostly) the natural proteins and fats are helpful in multiple ways. Canned chicken is easy and cheap but drain the water so you get less sodium. Natural peanut butter is also a great choice. Try to double your weight in protein. (If you way 100# then take in 200g of protein...or close). Protein shakes are your friend. Always take a multivitamin, pre-workouts help but i recommend optimum nutritions amino energy, allows you to maintain strength without leaning on a pre- workout and it helps boost nitric oxide in the blood. I've never taken hormone boosters and never will. Im not playing around with that stuff, too risky. Stay natural and stay healthy.

Don't over work yourself at the gym, you know your limits so stick to them and they will grow, if you push too hard you could do more damage than help.

Finally it comes down to discipline, discipline and more discipline. Its easy to cheat but dont it costs more work in the gym

krisko09 02-05-2013 07:56 PM

I'm in the same boat. 5'11 155ish. Gunna be starting a diet in the next few days. My biggest problem is lack of equipment. Have free weights at work but not much and nothing fancy. And the gym here is a" no judgement," gym so there's no real weights, just cardio ****. Having a toddler um limited on free time suo I'd like to utilize the space at work. Anyone know a good routine with just free weights?

winds-of-change 02-05-2013 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 (Post 1125014)
So I just found out I am going to Mexico in May as sort of a thank The Lord school is over/congrats on completing blackjack dealer training for me from my roommates and friends (I know, could of picked a much better place..). My question is what is a good workout diet to help me get bigger? I practically live at the gym if I'm not working but have ran out of protein powder and haven't bought anymore until Friday. I have been getting stronger but haven't gotten bigger even with the low reps/high weight lifting. Any ideas?

I'm going to Jamaica in May for my son's wedding. I'm wondering how to get smaller. Sheesh!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jstrong (Post 1125104)

Goodness. Is it legal to post images like that on the open forum. :eek:

dango 02-05-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change (Post 1125324)
I'm going to Jamaica in May for my son's wedding. I'm wondering how to get smaller. Sheesh!!

Goodness. Is it legal to post images like that on the open forum. :eek:

Marley Mellow mun....!:)

pnolans 02-05-2013 09:17 PM

When you said you wanted to get bigger, I was thinking something else.

Most males want to get bigger. Else my spam folder would be empty.