Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Work boot suggestion? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/work-boot-suggestion-91513/)

Jstrong 05-31-2013 01:19 AM

Well its time for new work boots,and I usually go for the same boots every time. But with this job I'm at now we work long hours every week and am thinking about investing in some high-quality,comfortable boots to keep my feet and back from getting fatigued after 10-12+ hour days in the construction industry.

I've been looking at carhartt stichout boots and a few danner boots,willing to spend up to 200$, maybe more. I prefer lace-ups,and steel toes.

Anyone have a miracle boot or brand they won't go without on those long days?

Axxe55 05-31-2013 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jstrong (Post 1262803)
Well its time for new work boots,and I usually go for the same boots every time. But with this job I'm at now we work long hours every week and am thinking about investing in some high-quality,comfortable boots to keep my feet and back from getting fatigued after 10-12+ hour days.

Redwings have served me well for many years now. i have lots of back problems and even with high dollar boots, my legs still hurt at the end of the day, but somewhat less if i wear my Redwings. another thing to invest in are good insoles. i wear them out monthly! but i can tell the difference in them for sure.

dango 05-31-2013 01:24 AM

Seek SSD , MENTAL...! Eeeek.! ;)

Jstrong 05-31-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55

Redwings have served me well for many years now. i have lots of back problems and even with high dollar boots, my legs still hurt at the end of the day, but somewhat less if i wear my Redwings. another thing to invest in are good insoles. i wear them out monthly! but i can tell the difference in them for sure.

I've heard mixed things on redwings,my best friend since childhood who is in the same work wears redwings,says they are very comfortable. But he has had problems with soles coming loose or wearing out prematurely with some model boots of theirs.

That said ill probably stop in the local redwing store and see if they have them in Alien sizes (15 or 14w)

Axxe55 05-31-2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jstrong (Post 1262815)
I've heard mixed things on redwings,my best friend since childhood who is in the same work wears redwings,says they are very comfortable. But he has had problems with soles coming loose or wearing out prematurely with some model boots of theirs.

That said ill probably stop in the local redwing store and see if they have them in Alien sizes (15 or 14w)

some of the soles coming loose could be the environment you work in too. years ago when i mechaniced in the oilfield, some of the stuff i was around would trash a pair of boots pretty quickly. i was constantly buying boots because the soles came llose or the stitching wouldn't last.

racer_x 05-31-2013 01:40 AM

Ive had good luck with redwings an there other brand worx
Useing a pair of Justin roper work boot now there real comfy no steel though

Axxe55 05-31-2013 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racer_x (Post 1262834)
Ive had good luck with redwings an there other brand worx
Useing a pair of Justin roper work boot now there real comfy no steel though

i have had many jobs where i was required to wear steel toe boots. my preference now, is i won't wear them anymore.

fupuk 05-31-2013 01:47 AM

I have been wearing redwings since I started working in a factory when I was 18. Im only 24 right now but I work 8-12 hour days, 5-7 days a week and I love my redwing boots. I always get the same model boot and a nice set of insoles.

racer_x 05-31-2013 01:48 AM

I dont plan on ever buying another pair of steel toes lol would if a job depended on it

HankStone 05-31-2013 02:04 AM

The One And Only!
http://www.workbootsdirect.com/corcoran-boots/?gclid=CNv4hPufv7cCFUOi4Aodv1EARQ