Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Woot Woot $700 grand... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/woot-woot-700-grand-40094/)

Jpyle 03-21-2011 04:11 PM

Woot Woot $700 grand...

Ok so I'm a bit suspiscious...what do you all think? :p I am shocked that FedEx uses Hotmail in Nigeria, I would have put my money on Gmail...

Quote:

Dear Customer,
We have been waiting for you to contact us for the delivery of your cheque of ($688,000.00 ) . We want you to know that your package has been with us for the past few weeks now and we are waiting for your confirmation of this message so that we can deliver the Cheque to you. The delivery charges, Insurance Premium and Clearance Certificate Fee has been paid by the sender.
The only money you will send to us is for Security Keeping Fee of the Cheque and the package will be delivered to your postal Address in your country. The Security keeping fee so far is $296.00 U.S.D (Two Hundred And Ninety Six US Dollars) only being Security Keeping Fee of the Courier Company. Again, don't be deceived by anybody to pay any other money except $296.00 U.S.D (Two Hundred And Ninety Six US Dollars) .
As soon as your details are received, our delivery team will give you the necessary payment procedure so that you can effect the payment for the Security Keeping Fees. As soon as they confirm your payment receipt of $296.00 U.S.D (Two Hundred And Ninety Six US Dollars), they will not hesitate to dispatch your package as well as the attached certificate and the letter to your residence. It will only take 24 hours for delivery.Note that we were instructed to email you, due to the high priority of your package we had to inform you as your sender left us with no proper details of himself.
Please send us your complete Names, Address and Phone Number to our Customer Care Officer:
Name: Mr. Anderson Cole.
Email: fedex.nigeria.service@hotmail.com
Phone: +2347052102158
Immediately we receive those details, we will send you the information that you need to make payment for the Security Keeping Fee through Western Union Money Transfer

Have a wonderful time. Please E-mail us anytime you need any assistance.
We await your mail.
Regards,
Yours Faithfully,
Winters, J. Christian.
FedEx Online Team Management
All rights reserved. © 1995-2011 FedEx.

Dillinger 03-21-2011 04:22 PM

Damn! I am so jealous right now. You sucker! You better remember us that helped nourish and befriend you on your FTF journey. :p

Gojubrian 03-21-2011 04:47 PM

Looks legit to me!!!

I had the same thing happen a while back. I had 944,000 coming to me. I sent them my bank account and social security numbers right away!!

I'm waiting to hear back from them now. I need to send them my new account number because in the midst of my good fortune some idiot wiped out my account and had some credit cards made in my name. :mad:

As soon as I hear back from them and give them my new information I'm going to have that safe room built!! :D

falseharmonix 03-21-2011 04:58 PM

I wish someone would send me a "Cheque" for $700k too....:rolleyes:

Jpyle 03-21-2011 05:04 PM

Ok so anyone that wants to share in my good fortune can send me some $$ to put towards the Security Keeping Fee. I'll prorate your contribute and wire the money to you...just send me a PM with your bank account routing and account numbers...I guess I'll also need your social and DOB for the 1099..:D

falseharmonix 03-21-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jpyle (Post 469560)
Ok so anyone that wants to share in my good fortune can send me some $$ to put towards the Security Keeping Fee. I'll prorate your contribute and wire the money to you...just send me a PM with your bank account routing and account numbers...I guess I'll also need your social and DOB for the 1099..:D

I don't like giving out my SS number. Can I just mail you some finger prints, dental records, and a blood sample instead?

Benning Boy 03-21-2011 05:15 PM

We got one with an FBI letterhead, stating that a box of money came through customs, and if we acquired the proper certificate, it was ours. If not, we'd be charged with money laundering.

It's like they aren't even trying anymore.....:(

Jpyle 03-21-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falseharmonix (Post 469565)
I don't like giving out my SS number. Can I just mail you some finger prints, dental records, and a blood sample instead?

No problem...as long as it's a BLOOD sample...I'm not running a DNA lab here...:D

Jpyle 03-21-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benning Boy (Post 469567)
We got one with an FBI letterhead, stating that a box of money came through customs, and if we acquired the proper certificate, it was ours. If not, we'd be charged with money laundering.

It's like they aren't even trying anymore.....:(

Got that one too, it's how I made my first $26 million...

robocop10mm 03-21-2011 06:23 PM

They keep giving out these cheques because so many of us suspicous Americans never respond to these obvious windfall deals. Man I wish I would get one of these sweet e-mails!