Women like older men but how much older??? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Women like older men but how much older???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 06:44 AM   #21
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8579 Times on 4953 Posts
Likes Given: 11134

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
As the years go by, I'm not so sure about that.
Maybe visit your local gun store. Lots of guys hanging out there who share your interests. You might find a sugar daddy!

Old 02-02-2012, 07:11 AM   #22
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7383 Times on 4438 Posts
Likes Given: 9136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Maybe visit your local gun store. Lots of guys hanging out there who share your interests. You might find a sugar daddy!
Hahaha.......I don't want a 'sugar daddy'. I want someone I can have fun with. Many of the guys I've seen in the gun shop are there with their wives. I like to see that, too.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #23

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

My self I could care less who and what marry or date if it is what they want, as long as they are legal. I am no one to deside what is right or wrong with anyone's relationship.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:48 AM   #24
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1621 Times on 995 Posts
Likes Given: 8611

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Hahaha.......I don't want a 'sugar daddy'. I want someone I can have fun with. Many of the guys I've seen in the gun shop are there with their wives. I like to see that, too.
As do I. You have to repect a man who will take the time to involve his wife in the shooting sports. My wife and I started as friends Winds. Neither one of us was looking, it just happened. Don't give up, have faith and it will happen.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:49 AM   #25

Liked 72 Times on 42 Posts

my wife is one year older than me, been married 31yrs. about 10yrs ago I got hurt on the job been on the disabled list since, but she still hangs around, I think she wants my gun collection.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:02 AM   #26
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1621 Times on 995 Posts
Likes Given: 8611

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintsplat View Post
my wife is one year older than me, been married 31yrs. about 10yrs ago I got hurt on the job been on the disabled list since, but she still hangs around, I think she wants my gun collection.
I'm in about the same boat as you. Been disabled for 6 years, with my wife for 10, and married for 5. I think she and the kid are only sticking around for the guns and the dogs.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:48 AM   #27

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

As the years go by, I'm not so sure about that.
You will

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 02-02-2012, 09:51 AM   #28
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21919 Times on 12384 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i have been in both directions, both my ex-wives were a couple of years older than me, the first one lasted 2 years, the second one lasted 13 years. i am on my third wife and she is 2 years younger than me. when i was much younger, just out of high school i dated women who were just getting out of college or there abouts. but i think that some like the older man, because he seems more stable and less likely to want to party.

my current wife, does enjoy shooting and firearms, just not as much as i do, but she has no desire to go into a gun store at all. when i try and get her to go with me to look at a gun i have in mind for her, i might as well say, lets go look at a new car. she'd rather go to an all night dentist. she hates it. in almost 8 years of marriage, she has gone with me to either a gun show, the LGS or Gander Mountain maybe 4-5 times. well at least she does like shooting and guns, so it does make it easier to buy a new one from time to time. and she does like to talk about guns with me too. i can show her a new one or tell her about a project, without that look some wives get!

Old 02-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #29
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9200 Times on 3970 Posts
Likes Given: 1440

Had an old friend, Navy Chief- when his wife turned 40, he jokingly told her he was going to trade her in for 2 20's.

He said she smiled sweetly, patted his cheek, and said "Honey, you're not wired for 220."

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 02-02-2012, 03:22 PM   #30

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip11 View Post
I know in general, women are attracted to older men. But usually to a point. For instance, it's totally not far fetched for a beautiful 21 year old college girl to be interested and sexually attracted to say a 30 year old man. To her that would be older, but the same 21 year old girl probably wouldn't be attracted to a 60 or 70 year old man. In fact, she probably would be repulsed by the thought of being with a man that old, though may force herself if there's enough money and/or alcohol involved. I guess what i'm asking is, at what point does "older" become a negative? Appreciate to hear from any female forum members.
The old school way of thinking was along these lines: The more money he has, the older and uglier he can be, and still be a catch.

IMO, most (but not all) women have evolved beyond that way of thinking. But, I still hear of women casting bait into bars and wondering why they find drunks.

The linkups I've observed over many years cover a wide range of ages and demographics. In general, if the ages differ by more than 10 years, the linkups are short term.