Women like older men but how much older??? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Women like older men but how much older???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 05:02 AM   #11
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7105 Times on 4276 Posts
Likes Given: 8618

I'm not sure I should reveal my preferences here. When I was younger, I preferred men who were right around my age. When I was, say, 24, I wouldn't have wanted to date a 30 year old man. I married a man who was 3 years older than I was. (and he left me in 1994) My daughter has dated men 6-7 years older then her but is now dating a man her age. She is 26.

Now that I'm older in years but still very young at heart, I would prefer to date a younger man. But I wouldn't rule out a man my age or older. It all depends. I am no longer going to have more children. My kids are all raised and independent. I am looking for someone to enjoy life with now, as in vacations, adventures, exploring the world, buying and shooting guns. You know, all the things it is difficult to do when you are raising kids and time and money is tight.

So, I guess what I am saying is my tastes and needs have changed as the years and life's situations have changed, too.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 02-02-2012 at 06:42 AM.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:09 AM   #12
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8276 Times on 4782 Posts
Likes Given: 10703

Strange question for a gun forum but I'll bite. My wife is 3 years older than me. Personally I find the thought of sexual attraction to a girl who could be my daughter (say 16 years younger than me?) to be repulsive. On the other hand I do appreciate the attractiveness of a young girl. Sort of a dichotomy. Years ago a friend of mine said "You know, one of the things that I have noticed about high school girls these days is that the older I get the younger they are."

Generally girls your age are looking for maturity, if you have that you can bed all of the hot chicks you could possibly meet in a bar one night. But of course a mature young gentleman just wouldn't do that. There's that dichotomy thing again.

A 20-something girl who would accept a "sugar daddy" of 40, 50, 60 or so for money and gifts would do whatever it takes. She's not interested in you (or me for that matter and I am in the "repulsive" age bracket to 20-something girls).

One thing is that you can't fake maturity. You either have it or you don't. I know old farts who have no maturity. They do get laid though.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:27 AM   #13

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadamai View Post
. With anything over 20 years I think you have to look at the motives involved...I'm not saying it can't happen, but there's a reason why those stereotypes exist.

Just my opinion. I'm sure some of the other women might feel differently.
Well there is no "motives" with me and my wife. I am 30 and she has 20 on me. We have been happily married for 7.5 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I'm not sure I should reveal my preferences here. When I was younger, I preferred men who were right around my age. When I was, say, 24, I wouldn't have wanted to date a 30 year old man. I married a man who was 3 years older than I was. (and he left me in 1994) My daughter has dated men 6-7 years older then her but is now dating a man her age. She is 26.

Now that I'm older in years but still very young at heart, I would prefer to date a younger man. But I wouldn't rule out man man my age or older. It all depends. I am no longer going to have more children. My kids are all raised and independent. I am looking for someone to enjoy life with now, as in vacations, adventures, exploring the world, buying and shooting guns. You know, all the things it is difficult to do when you are raising kids and time and money is tight.
don't worry bout it WOC. You will find the one.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:50 AM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8863 Times on 3838 Posts
Likes Given: 1383

Well, while over the 60 mark, and have been married 3 days longer than dirt, I will note that there is no accounting for taste. I have been hit on (unsucessfully) by more than a couple of young women that are in their 20's.

Yes, good looking young women, but realistically- for just a minute- you do not spend your life in the sack. What the hell would I have to TALK to a 25 year old about? Ask if she was in the same class with my oldest grandson?

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:57 AM   #15

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I'm 27. Most people say I look about 47. I've been hit on by a girl who couldn't be a day over 14, and a woman who couldn't be a day younger than 60. Within 5 minutes of each other.

I'm not attractive, but at last I have my hair. I do also have a pot belly though.

C3 is right, there's no accounting for taste.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:57 AM   #16

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
Well, while over the 60 mark, and have been married 3 days longer than dirt, I will note that there is no accounting for taste. I have been hit on (unsucessfully) by more than a couple of young women that are in their 20's.

Yes, good looking young women, but realistically- for just a minute- you do not spend your life in the sack. What the hell would I have to TALK to a 25 year old about? Ask if she was in the same class with my oldest grandson?
Thats the good thing about being in the sack, you dont gotta worry about much talking, lol

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 02-02-2012, 06:07 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
What the hell would I have to TALK to a 25 year old about? Ask if she was in the same class with my oldest grandson?
Isn't that what the Internet is for? Intellectual stimulation!

Old 02-02-2012, 06:08 AM   #18

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray

Thats the good thing about being in the sack, you dont gotta worry about much talking, lol
Amen to that brother!

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Old 02-02-2012, 06:39 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Isn't that what the Internet is for? Intellectual stimulation!
Oh yeah, I guess some people get some other stimulation on the internet. Whatever.

Old 02-02-2012, 06:41 AM   #20
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7105 Times on 4276 Posts
Likes Given: 8618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minionsram View Post
don't worry bout it WOC. You will find the one.
As the years go by, I'm not so sure about that.