Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Women like older men but how much older???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 04:13 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Women like older men but how much older???

I know in general, women are attracted to older men. But usually to a point. For instance, it's totally not far fetched for a beautiful 21 year old college girl to be interested and sexually attracted to say a 30 year old man. To her that would be older, but the same 21 year old girl probably wouldn't be attracted to a 60 or 70 year old man. In fact, she probably would be repulsed by the thought of being with a man that old, though may force herself if there's enough money and/or alcohol involved. I guess what i'm asking is, at what point does "older" become a negative? Appreciate to hear from any female forum members.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-02-2012, 04:20 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2601 Times on 1368 Posts
Likes Given: 202

Men and women have different needs. Biologically, men are driven to reproduce. Younger, healthy, attractive (whatever your interpretation of attractive is) women are potential breeding stock. Women are seeking safety and stability for themselves and their offspring. An older male has a career, money, a home, a car, and offers much. It has less to do with physical attractivness than stability.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 02-02-2012, 04:29 AM   #3

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

What the hell? Gun forum? LOL!
Dude, if your under 35 and can land a hottie over 21, go ahead, and good for you.

Old 02-02-2012, 04:29 AM   #4
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1490 Times on 913 Posts
Likes Given: 7349

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip11 View Post
I know in general, women are attracted to older men. But usually to a point. For instance, it's totally not far fetched for a beautiful 21 year old college girl to be interested and sexually attracted to say a 30 year old man. To her that would be older, but the same 21 year old girl probably wouldn't be attracted to a 60 or 70 year old man. In fact, she probably would be repulsed by the thought of being with a man that old, though may force herself if there's enough money and/or alcohol involved. I guess what i'm asking is, at what point does "older" become a negative? Appreciate to hear from any female forum members.
Can't help ya on that one clip. My wife is 4 years older than I am. All I can say is that Robo is right, Stability and safety for her and her offspring tend to be the most important thing.

Need to add some food for thought. Women tend to mature at a younger age than men. This is a generalization, and does not apply in all cases.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Last edited by kfox75; 02-02-2012 at 04:32 AM.

Old 02-02-2012, 04:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Men and women have different needs. Biologically, men are driven to reproduce. Younger, healthy, attractive (whatever your interpretation of attractive is) women are potential breeding stock. Women are seeking safety and stability for themselves and their offspring. An older male has a career, money, a home, a car, and offers much. It has less to do with physical attractivness than stability.
Yeah I understand that, but what i'm asking is since women tend to be attracted to older men, at what point does it become a negative? In my example above, I referenced a 21 year old woman who would be attracted to a 30 year old man, but repulsed by a 60 year old man. Every woman I know (im 25) thats my age would consider an older man, but by "older" would mean 28 to about late 30's. I don't know any woman my age that would want to be with a 60 or 70 year old man. Sure, they'd take his money and may use him as a sugar daddy, as long as he didn't ask for anything sexual.

Old 02-02-2012, 04:38 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I think the reason that women like older men is that the women don't have to compete with the XBOX!

“There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.” Ted Nugent

Old 02-02-2012, 04:46 AM   #7

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
What the hell? Gun forum? LOL!
Dude, if your under 35 and can land a hottie over 21, go ahead, and good for you.
Im 10 years older than my wife..

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 02-02-2012, 04:50 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2601 Times on 1368 Posts
Likes Given: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip11 View Post
Yeah I understand that, but what i'm asking is since women tend to be attracted to older men, at what point does it become a negative? In my example above, I referenced a 21 year old woman who would be attracted to a 30 year old man, but repulsed by a 60 year old man. Every woman I know (im 25) thats my age would consider an older man, but by "older" would mean 28 to about late 30's. I don't know any woman my age that would want to be with a 60 or 70 year old man. Sure, they'd take his money and may use him as a sugar daddy, as long as he didn't ask for anything sexual.
Well, that is completely subjective. Believe it or not, all women do not think the same. Some are into the "dangerous" types their whole lives. Some are ready to settle down with a stable man at 18. Trying to "understand" women will give you an cranial aneurism. Don't do it!

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 02-02-2012, 04:52 AM   #9

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Can't help you there. I am younger than my wife.

Old 02-02-2012, 04:59 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 102 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 38

I have met women from both ends of the spectrum, some who are interested in men 15 years older and some who are interested in men 20+ years younger. Personally, I usually date men who are similar in age to me, usually within 5 years of my age or less. However, I think maturity has a lot to do with women's preferences. Young women in their late teens or early twenties are likely to be more mature than men their own age and tend to be interested in men who are a little older and more mature. I don't think it would be that uncommon for a 19 year old woman, for example, to find a man in his mid to late twenties appealing. Sorry, but the drunk 19 year old frat boy making an a$$ out of himself isn't impressing anyone. My preference is within 5 years, some women prefer within 10 years...everyone is different. With anything over 20 years I think you have to look at the motives involved...I'm not saying it can't happen, but there's a reason why those stereotypes exist.

Just my opinion. I'm sure some of the other women might feel differently.