Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Women & Jewelry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 10:18 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
When I bought her engagement ring it came with another ring and kinda snapped together '' cheap ass '' but I got it from one of good customers who needed boat work done and just happen to own 2 jewelry stores . When it came time to buy the wedding ring I just gave her the other half of the engagement ring LMAO . bets 300.00 bucks ever
Are you serious. You do know that was what you were supposed to do?

It is called a bridal SET. 14K White Gold 1 1/4 Carat t.w. Leo Diamond Bridal Set

You give them the fancy one with the big stone for the engagement then you give them the second one on your wedding day.

I am surprised some of you guys are even married. Buying your wife jewelry is like buying yourself a gun. Does she NEED it. NO but it makes her feel good when you do.

I don't know I spent $2500 on my wife's wedding ring. I also have purchased her certified diamond Earrings I look at these as an investment. I paid $350 for the earrings and they appraised for $1k the ring aparised for $7k so that is money in the bank to me.

As for buying jewelry on egay never ever ever ever do that. Even if she sends you links. Print the picture and go to a jewelry store. The ladies there will hook you up and make you look like a rock star. I tried that one time and the it was a painful experience. I got a nice looking ring with her birth stone in it. When it got to me (6 weeks later) it was the wrong size, the gold was flaking off and the stone was cracked. It took another 3 weeks to get my money back.

Also the rule of thumb is You spend 2 months pay on the wedding ring. You would be pissed if your wife got you a used Lorcin for your birthday wouldn't you? I sure know I would. So why would you buy her cheap ass jewelry?

Just remember the 5 c's od diamonds.
The 5 Cs of Diamonds | Excel Diamonds

Old 12-21-2011, 10:34 AM   #32
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6962 Times on 4188 Posts
Likes Given: 8380

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07 View Post
Are you serious. You do know that was what you were supposed to do?

It is called a bridal SET. 14K White Gold 1 1/4 Carat t.w. Leo Diamond Bridal Set

You give them the fancy one with the big stone for the engagement then you give them the second one on your wedding day.

I am surprised some of you guys are even married. Buying your wife jewelry is like buying yourself a gun. Does she NEED it. NO but it makes her feel good when you do.

I don't know I spent $2500 on my wife's wedding ring. I also have purchased her certified diamond Earrings I look at these as an investment. I paid $350 for the earrings and they appraised for $1k the ring aparised for $7k so that is money in the bank to me.

As for buying jewelry on egay never ever ever ever do that. Even if she sends you links. Print the picture and go to a jewelry store. The ladies there will hook you up and make you look like a rock star. I tried that one time and the it was a painful experience. I got a nice looking ring with her birth stone in it. When it got to me (6 weeks later) it was the wrong size, the gold was flaking off and the stone was cracked. It took another 3 weeks to get my money back.

Also the rule of thumb is You spend 2 months pay on the wedding ring. You would be pissed if your wife got you a used Lorcin for your birthday wouldn't you? I sure know I would. So why would you buy her cheap ass jewelry?

Just remember the 5 c's od diamonds.
The 5 Cs of Diamonds | Excel Diamonds
Listen to this man. He knows what he's talking about. I'm happy for the lucky lady who is married to such an understanding man.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:47 PM   #33
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20940 Times on 11896 Posts
Likes Given: 52511

another thing to remember about jewelry is the markup. jewelry is one of the highest marked up items for sale there is. markup is anywhere from 750-1000% on fine jewelry! so shop smart too on jewelry and prepare to haggle!

Old 12-21-2011, 02:02 PM   #34
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
well i caved... bought this shiny thing in hopes she'll still love me when my reloading gear arrives.
That's nice! I hope you hid it well.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:55 PM   #35

Liked 1039 Times on 753 Posts
Likes Given: 538

Quote:
So why would you buy her cheap ass jewelry?
Because she looses $hit . And yea by the way , we found them , yes I said them she had lost both rings and were sitting in the bottom of the washing machine somehow still intact . She did buy me an sks last year but less than a week later I bought another one fully loaded for less than what she bought the striped down one for .
I dont care what kinda of gun she buys me , its a gun , i will love it and pet and call it george . When it comes to me and guns I go for quantity not quality

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 12-22-2011, 01:24 PM   #36

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Well, Pasquenel, this little statement here scared me. But I know what you meant.

If I had a husband () and he bought me this for Christmas..........I'd be all over him so fast we'd have to open the rest of the Christmas presents later.
LOL My wife really do love this gun after she got to shoot it.

“There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.” Ted Nugent

Old 12-22-2011, 02:21 PM   #37

Liked 703 Times on 432 Posts
Likes Given: 1693

Two weeks after I first talked to my future wife (we met online), and two weeks before we met in person for the first time, I dropped $2,500 on a certified diamond ring. The night I picked her up at the airport on our first live "date", I popped the question. Three months later, I moved all my stuff to Tulsa, we got married the week after that, and in November we had our 10th anniversary.
I think I passed the jewelry test.

A few months ago we attended an estate auction, and I let her bid on a gold and diamond ring (she asked first how much she could spend. She won at $400; we took it to a major jewelry store to have it inspected, and it appraised for $1,600-$1,800. As Gunnut07 said, it's money in the bank.

Fortunately for my wallet, my darling wife actually prefers costume jewelry for everyday wear. She has a ton of it, for every occasion.

But her Christmas gift from me this year? A LaZboy rocker-recliner. It's what she specifically asked for.

Old 12-22-2011, 02:28 PM   #38

Liked 1039 Times on 753 Posts
Likes Given: 538

I just found a gold ring with a big fake diamond in a junk car here at the shop .
Mmmm I wonder who is getting that for Christmas ? WIN lmao

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.