Women & Jewelry - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Women & Jewelry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2011, 01:31 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9208 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I buy jewelry for mine, and I understand when she doesn't wear it all the time. After all, I have 5 suits, pretty nice ones. I've only worn 2 of them, both times to funerals. They can't wear all of it all the time, same as how I can't wear all my suits all the time.

Old 12-16-2011, 03:57 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6577 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I never got the whole jewerly thing. Your paying hundreds of dollars for a sparkly stone and shiney metal. I don't have a wife, but when I do, one thing is for sure, I'll probable have to give in and buy some for her.

At least there is a bright side to it (other then making her happy), if she ever says "do you really need another gun", you can say "do you really need another necklace", and I'll bet that she changes the subject really quickly.

Old 12-16-2011, 04:05 PM   #13

Liked 9208 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Your on the right track man, it's a good thing to just go ahead and pick up some jewelry for a lady if you end up married to her, and here's a hint- It doesn't always have to be expensive (unless you end up married to a shallow woman) but some of the best seems to be the cheapo pretty stuff that marks an occasion, like the little kid figurine necklaces for mother's day.

But, don't try argue your way into another gun... it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission, and you rarely win an argument with a woman. Even when your right, your still wrong.

I don't argue with mine anymore. I tell her "This is what I want, and here's what I would like to give you, and if we can afford it, I want to do it." And she does the same too me. It works out pretty well I think. We avoid a lot of petty BS like arguing over new diamonds or more ammo...

Old 12-16-2011, 04:11 PM   #14

Liked 154 Times on 91 Posts

buy her the jewelry It's easier then arguing

Old 12-16-2011, 04:11 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

At least there is a bright side to it (other then making her happy), if she ever says "do you really need another gun", you can say "do you really need another necklace", and I'll bet that she changes the subject really quickly.
As a married man I can tell you that talking to her like that may stop her in her tracks. But you'll be handling your "gun" alone for quite some time...

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual..."

--Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)

Old 12-16-2011, 06:17 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 103 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I buy jewelry for mine, and I understand when she doesn't wear it all the time. After all, I have 5 suits, pretty nice ones. I've only worn 2 of them, both times to funerals. They can't wear all of it all the time, same as how I can't wear all my suits all the time.
This is true. I am not a huge jewelry wearer, but I have a few nice necklaces handed down by my relatives and have a nice pair of earrings that I bought myself. I only wear the necklaces on special occasions because they are irreplaceable in sentiment and I would hate for one to get damaged or lost doing everyday activities. (One belonged to a late great-aunt who shares my birthstone and the other was given by my late grandfather [whom I never got to meet] to my late grandmother upon the birth of their first child.) The earrings I don't wear all the time because I am afraid I might lose them at work or while outside mowing, etc. If/when I get married, I will only be wanting two pieces of jewelry (engagement ring and wedding ring.)

Old 12-16-2011, 06:52 PM   #17

Liked 6577 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Even when your right, your still wrong.
Ain't that the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2oWerker View Post
As a married man I can tell you that talking to her like that may stop her in her tracks. But you'll be handling your "gun" alone for quite some time...
I guess you can never win then. Oh well. I guess I'll take trips advice and ask for forgiveness insted of permission.

Old 12-16-2011, 07:38 PM   #18

Liked 1259 Times on 903 Posts
Likes Given: 626

When I bought her engagement ring it came with another ring and kinda snapped together '' cheap ass '' but I got it from one of good customers who needed boat work done and just happen to own 2 jewelry stores . When it came time to buy the wedding ring I just gave her the other half of the engagement ring LMAO . bets 300.00 bucks ever

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 12-16-2011, 08:08 PM   #19

Liked 37 Times on 16 Posts

I am a total accessory girl! Jewelry, handbags, hair thingies, scarves, you name it! My new fave acvessories? GUNS!

Rather have a .45 than a diamond for xmas!

Old 12-16-2011, 08:24 PM   #20
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 944 Times on 439 Posts
Likes Given: 452

I have been married longer than most of you guppies have been alive and I conclude you guys really need some help here!
First of all YOU are never going to understand how your Lady's mind works no not ever-ever!! She appreciates jewelry like you do guns no matter how ludicrous this seems to you! Nothing you can say is going to change this so lets move on! She likes jewelry and I'm assuming you like lingerie (I do) so make this a win win get her both and have her model them at the same time! This has never failed to keep campfire lit in fact it has kept the flame kindled for a long time now.
Hey next time you gups need a little fatherly advice give a yell.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.