Women and Firearms On The Local News - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Women and Firearms On The Local News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2010, 04:31 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeehs View Post
As for my own expirences, I have to say I find most girls my age lacking when it comes to time at the range, and seriousness of hunting...
But the girls that do... Heck, They could ALMOST out-shoot me.
Better not hope to mess with my arsenal though, There are a few guns there that I would ....BTLS out of someone for touching, Let alone handling...sorry got off-topic..

As for Women in general, I think it's good that women find interest in a mainly Guy sport. Just, Better not hope to take it over! Cuz we guys tend to be protective

You favor pistols?
A female friend of mine is a champion rifle shooter. Her boyfriend has been asked to be on the Olympics skeet team, and she puts him in the dirt on rifle.

Look - firearms are TOOLS. They are not muscle or sinew or brains. ANYONE can use them, and use them well when taught properly, and if SOMEONE can not, then there is a better design to be brought to market and a niche for it.

Guns are not a "Guy Sport". Particularly for women, guns can be a MATTER OF LIFE OR DEATH.

Go eat your (hunted) crow.

My advice to you: Take more girls to the range, ask them to invite their friends, and applaud them every time they out-shoot you.

Last edited by TheGunLady; 04-09-2010 at 04:39 AM.

Old 04-09-2010, 05:57 AM   #22

Liked 4785 Times on 2314 Posts
Likes Given: 1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunLady View Post
You made my day!!! Thank you so much for that!

My only question: Why aren't you a certified instructor and at least break even financially on your endeavors?

I applaud you for your donations of time, firearms, ammo and attitude. Attitude being the key word.

The world needs more men with your attitude! If there were, there would be far more women and children confidently using firearms in this day!

Back in the pioneer days we didn't have this problem. *Everyone* was expected to shoot well as soon as they could hold a firearm level. What happened?
Why am I not a certified instructor and break even financially on my endevors?

Well, lets see, I guess because I'm blessed with both a very good job so I don't really need to "break even" and a wife who understands my passion. I choose to see my dontations of time and money "cost of ammo", as money well spent in the endevor of turning non gun folks on to our culture and creating pro gun voters in the process. If I'm going to be out shooting anyway, it's no skin off my nose to pick up 4 more boxes of ammo and invite a friend or co worker to join me.

I suppose over the years I've come to the conclusion that a fun day of shooting will create a "convert" far more effectively than ranting from the Second Ammendment Soap Box.

Old 04-09-2010, 11:39 AM   #23

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprdave View Post
Can you get me a link for those purses. My wife doesn't carry as much as she should because she's scared the kids will get into her purse. One of those purses would be perfect! I did a search, and came up with nothing....Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Pretty please?

Old 04-09-2010, 12:05 PM   #24

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

CCW purses - Google Product Search

Old 04-09-2010, 12:19 PM   #25

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprdave View Post
Pretty please?
Dave, we all know it's for you....you need a new "murse" or European utility bag.

Old 04-09-2010, 02:22 PM   #26

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
Dave, we all know it's for you....you need a new "murse" or European utility bag.
Hey, it really brings out the color of my eyes...

Old 04-10-2010, 02:39 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunLady View Post
A female friend of mine is a champion rifle shooter. Her boyfriend has been asked to be on the Olympics skeet team, and she puts him in the dirt on rifle.

Look - firearms are TOOLS. They are not muscle or sinew or brains. ANYONE can use them, and use them well when taught properly, and if SOMEONE can not, then there is a better design to be brought to market and a niche for it.

Guns are not a "Guy Sport". Particularly for women, guns can be a MATTER OF LIFE OR DEATH.

Go eat your (hunted) crow.

My advice to you: Take more girls to the range, ask them to invite their friends, and applaud them every time they out-shoot you.
I was joking when I said that they could almost outshoot me, Truth is they probbaly could. They grew up hunting, I haven't so far.

True, Guns are not a "Guy sport", But I never said that they were. I stated that most shooters are guys.

I dont go to a range. When I go to shoot I have a tree infront of the earth bank that makes up our ponds side. The distances are guesstimated (step trick). Usually 10,30 or 100yds.

And as for the Off-topic thing, Not sure if you had anything for that. But I mean nothing bad by that besides that, If I found someone messing with a few of the guns I RARELY EVER, shoot, They would know not to EVER do it again, Not that I dont trust people but, Those are Irreplaceable..

No Hard feelings? Hopefully more women join the fun. They don't know what their missing!

Old 04-27-2010, 06:28 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeehs View Post
I was joking when I said that they could almost outshoot me, Truth is they probbaly could. They grew up hunting, I haven't so far.

True, Guns are not a "Guy sport", But I never said that they were. I stated that most shooters are guys.

I dont go to a range. When I go to shoot I have a tree infront of the earth bank that makes up our ponds side. The distances are guesstimated (step trick). Usually 10,30 or 100yds.

And as for the Off-topic thing, Not sure if you had anything for that. But I mean nothing bad by that besides that, If I found someone messing with a few of the guns I RARELY EVER, shoot, They would know not to EVER do it again, Not that I dont trust people but, Those are Irreplaceable..

No Hard feelings? Hopefully more women join the fun. They don't know what their missing!

Thank you so much for that!

My fault - I completely misread your thread. If you read this place from my pov, particularly the pm's, you'd understand my perspective. I've met with some hostility.

And if I read your pm's, maybe I'd understand your perspective better.

Please do encourage women to shoot at every op. You said that "most shooters are guys", and statistically speaking that may be true, but it's not true in my own circles. I know about an equal number of each, and due to my personal efforts the women shooters do slightly outnumber the guy shooters in my realm. Encourage more women in your realm, both to shoot and to join the forum, too.

Again - Thanks so much!

Old 04-27-2010, 06:32 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Why am I not a certified instructor and break even financially on my endevors?

Well, lets see, I guess because I'm blessed with both a very good job so I don't really need to "break even" and a wife who understands my passion. I choose to see my dontations of time and money "cost of ammo", as money well spent in the endevor of turning non gun folks on to our culture and creating pro gun voters in the process. If I'm going to be out shooting anyway, it's no skin off my nose to pick up 4 more boxes of ammo and invite a friend or co worker to join me.

I suppose over the years I've come to the conclusion that a fun day of shooting will create a "convert" far more effectively than ranting from the Second Ammendment Soap Box.
((((((((((((((((((((((APPLAUSE)))))))))))))))))))) ))))))

That's very cool. Thank you so much for that. You and your wife are touching more lives than you will ever know.