Women and Firearms On The Local News - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Women and Firearms On The Local News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 05:45 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Good stuff. I think a lot of folks would be surprised to know how many people actually carry on a regular basis and how many of them are women.

You're right lonyeager, Paula's comments were spot on. God is in control but I still carry my Kimber.
Amen! Paula and her husband have God in their driver's seat and a carry in their pocket (or pocketbook, as the case may be) with His blessing. They are both truly awesome people.

Quote:
Can you get me a link for those purses. My wife doesn't carry as much as she should because she's scared the kids will get into her purse. One of those purses would be perfect! I did a search, and came up with nothing....Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Absolutely! I'm not surprised that you couldn't find her. Her website bites, but her purses are 1st quality. Just scoot her an email and you'll be properly hooked up. Thank you so much!!!

Last edited by TheGunLady; 03-06-2010 at 05:48 AM.

Old 03-06-2010, 05:47 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Sorry, I don't have an opinion on women and firearms. But you might ask my shooting partner. She is the 14 year old girl with the freckles and the bull barreled target rifle over on point 5. Um.... wait until she finishes her set.

Someone said that the great thing about the shooting sports- you can see a healthy, strapping, 6 ft 25 yr old man walk to the center of the firing line- and get his butt trashed by the teen aged girl on one side, and the 75 yr old grandmother on other other side. Only sport like that.

((((((((((((((((((APPLAUSE)))))))))))))))))))))))) )))

That post is SO COOL!

Old 03-06-2010, 06:07 AM   #13

Good to see a positive piece like that. And hopefully, focusing on women who handle firearms might help to quell the Big Bad Stigma of carrying guns for some. I think a lot of people have the erroneous idea that most gun owners are young punk wanna-be-Rambo-types.

I'm really not into the purse idea though. My custom holster has not arrived yet and in the meantime, I've been carrying in my purse and it's driving me crazy.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:17 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
Good to see a positive piece like that. And hopefully, focusing on women who handle firearms might help to quell the Big Bad Stigma of carrying guns for some. I think a lot of people have the erroneous idea that most gun owners are young punk wanna-be-Rambo-types.

I'm really not into the purse idea though. My custom holster has not arrived yet and in the meantime, I've been carrying in my purse and it's driving me crazy.
I have a "purse pack", but I also have some cool body carry options.

After all, one must have something to get the purse back if it's stolen. lol

My very favorite is a custom Bianchi shoulder rig for my s&w 640 .357 revolver. It hangs like a bat under my armpit. I can body-carry with it in most of my summer clothing. You can see it on the news video if you look fast.

What holster/configuration did you order, and for what firearm?

Last edited by TheGunLady; 03-06-2010 at 06:21 AM.

Old 03-06-2010, 07:59 AM   #15

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I couldn't view the video due to my crap connection speed, but it's great that the word is getting out there.

Have to agree about the complete egalitarianism of shooting; young/old/male/female that's what makes it a truly equal contest. There are a couple of older guys well into their 70s in my club who still shoot iron-sighted standard SMLEs (but we let them sit for the prone competitions )

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 03-06-2010, 08:24 AM   #16

Liked 4791 Times on 2317 Posts
Likes Given: 1479

Default Great Video Clip

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGunLady View Post
Story:

The local news wanted to do a segment on women and firearms. Valentine's Day is coming up and all.

So a crew shows up to my favorite range to film a portion, and there wasn't a woman to be found in the place at the time. It's not that the range lacks female patrons by any means, they just hit it at the wrong time.

So the owner starts calling his regulars, and we show up the next day to do a little shooting and stage a women's cwp class for a camera man. No interviewer, just the camera guy.

It's a cool segment. I hope you check it out.

I own one of Paula's black and white purses like the one shown in the vids. Sherry and I are close, too. She's responsible for my cruising fetish. All the rest in the segment are also friends and regular shooting buddies.

I'm wearing the dark green blazer and shooting the .45 Ruger, and also wearing the Bianchi shoulder rig. I get a few shots in and smile for the camera toward the end.

I think it's an awesome segment on women and firearms in general, and would love your opinions on that subject.

It's on the right on the front page here (click).
Gun Lady, I'm a former Army Infantry Sergeant and because women are not allowed to serve in the Infantry, I had never shot with one until I taught first my wife, then our daughter, who is now 14. It's been my passion for years to introduce new folks to shooting and go to considerable personel expense to do so with friends, co-workers, neighbors, really anyone who shows an interest in leaning. Having taught dozens of men and now 6 different women how to properly handle and use handguns I can attest from first hand experiece that the instructor in this video is absolutely correct. Women are 10times easier to teach than men and usually outshoot the guys! The ladies generaly have no pre-concieved notions, bring no "John Wayne" attitude, take instruction well, an execute those instructions to the letter.
Women make up over half of the voting population so I'm very encouraged by the up tick in CCW's by our American Gal's and appreciate you sharing the video.

Old 03-06-2010, 03:03 PM   #17

Quote:
After all, one must have something to get the purse back if it's stolen. lol
Oh, I do like that!

Quote:
What holster/configuration did you order, and for what firearm?
I ordered a Custom Texas Concealed Carry MOB IWB for my Ruger SR9 from D.M. Bullard, Azle, TX:

Results for Texas Conceal Carry

I've always thought the element of surprise would be my upper hand in any given situation. In addition to long shirts, etc., I have super long hair that covers my weapon and no one would suspect I had one.

Quote:
My very favorite is a custom Bianchi shoulder rig for my s&w 640 .357 revolver. It hangs like a bat under my armpit. I can body-carry with it in most of my summer clothing.
Well, I have been thinking after reading one of your posts about the cons of carrying a semi-auto cocked & locked, and have decided to also carry a revolver as my primary. (That way I don't have to have my SR9 cocked all the time). I'm leaning towards an SP101 and that Bianchi might be an idea for it.

TheGunLady, You are an Enabler! I'm glad you joined this forum.

Old 04-09-2010, 02:43 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Gun Lady, I'm a former Army Infantry Sergeant and because women are not allowed to serve in the Infantry, I had never shot with one until I taught first my wife, then our daughter, who is now 14. It's been my passion for years to introduce new folks to shooting and go to considerable personel expense to do so with friends, co-workers, neighbors, really anyone who shows an interest in leaning. Having taught dozens of men and now 6 different women how to properly handle and use handguns I can attest from first hand experiece that the instructor in this video is absolutely correct. Women are 10times easier to teach than men and usually outshoot the guys! The ladies generaly have no pre-concieved notions, bring no "John Wayne" attitude, take instruction well, an execute those instructions to the letter.
Women make up over half of the voting population so I'm very encouraged by the up tick in CCW's by our American Gal's and appreciate you sharing the video.
You made my day!!! Thank you so much for that!

My only question: Why aren't you a certified instructor and at least break even financially on your endeavors?

I applaud you for your donations of time, firearms, ammo and attitude. Attitude being the key word.

The world needs more men with your attitude! If there were, there would be far more women and children confidently using firearms in this day!

Back in the pioneer days we didn't have this problem. *Everyone* was expected to shoot well as soon as they could hold a firearm level. What happened?

Old 04-09-2010, 02:48 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst View Post
Oh, I do like that!

I ordered a Custom Texas Concealed Carry MOB IWB for my Ruger SR9 from D.M. Bullard, Azle, TX:

Results for Texas Conceal Carry

I've always thought the element of surprise would be my upper hand in any given situation. In addition to long shirts, etc., I have super long hair that covers my weapon and no one would suspect I had one.

Well, I have been thinking after reading one of your posts about the cons of carrying a semi-auto cocked & locked, and have decided to also carry a revolver as my primary. (That way I don't have to have my SR9 cocked all the time). I'm leaning towards an SP101 and that Bianchi might be an idea for it.

TheGunLady, You are an Enabler! I'm glad you joined this forum.
You REALLY made my day!!!

Excellent decisions, all! Just remember to practice, practice, practice! Revolvers are excellent pieces, but are a bit shy on the rounds capacity and a bit heavy on the trigger and weight. You have to be steady, accurate and cool-headed. I know you can do it!

Old 04-09-2010, 03:14 AM   #20

As for my own expirences, I have to say I find most girls my age lacking when it comes to time at the range, and seriousness of hunting...
But the girls that do... Heck, They could ALMOST out-shoot me.
Better not hope to mess with my arsenal though, There are a few guns there that I would ....BTLS out of someone for touching, Let alone handling...sorry got off-topic..

As for Women in general, I think it's good that women find interest in a mainly Guy sport. Just, Better not hope to take it over! Cuz we guys tend to be protective

You favor pistols?