Women and Firearms On The Local News

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Women and Firearms On The Local News

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2010, 07:10 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Women and Firearms On The Local News

Story:

The local news wanted to do a segment on women and firearms. Valentine's Day is coming up and all.

So a crew shows up to my favorite range to film a portion, and there wasn't a woman to be found in the place at the time. It's not that the range lacks female patrons by any means, they just hit it at the wrong time.

So the owner starts calling his regulars, and we show up the next day to do a little shooting and stage a women's cwp class for a camera man. No interviewer, just the camera guy.

It's a cool segment. I hope you check it out.

I own one of Paula's black and white purses like the one shown in the vids. Sherry and I are close, too. She's responsible for my cruising fetish. All the rest in the segment are also friends and regular shooting buddies.

I'm wearing the dark green blazer and shooting the .45 Ruger, and also wearing the Bianchi shoulder rig. I get a few shots in and smile for the camera toward the end.

I think it's an awesome segment on women and firearms in general, and would love your opinions on that subject.

It's on the right on the front page here (click).

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-07-2010, 09:13 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9507 Times on 4091 Posts
Likes Given: 1492

Sorry, I don't have an opinion on women and firearms. But you might ask my shooting partner. She is the 14 year old girl with the freckles and the bull barreled target rifle over on point 5. Um.... wait until she finishes her set.

Someone said that the great thing about the shooting sports- you can see a healthy, strapping, 6 ft 25 yr old man walk to the center of the firing line- and get his butt trashed by the teen aged girl on one side, and the 75 yr old grandmother on other other side. Only sport like that.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 02-07-2010, 06:40 PM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Good, positive coverage! Glad to see that you're still tall, too.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 02-07-2010, 06:49 PM   #4

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Paula's comment about Jesus Christ being her ultimate protector but still being able to protect HERSELF is a great one and would have been perfect for the thread discussion we had a few weeks ago about CCW at church. Thanks for sharing, GL.

Old 02-07-2010, 07:42 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 237 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 517

very nice!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 02-07-2010, 08:30 PM   #6

Liked 357 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Someone said that the great thing about the shooting sports- you can see a healthy, strapping, 6 ft 25 yr old man walk to the center of the firing line- and get his butt trashed by the teen aged girl on one side, and the 75 yr old grandmother on other other side. Only sport like that.
Ain't that the truth. I got my tail waxed regularly by a 13 year old girl shooting an M-14 in high power.
Dad trained her well. Of course it didn't hurt that dad just happens to teach sniper training at Fort Benning occasionally. By the time she hit 17 she had won the State Championship. I feel sorry for the poor guy that gets out of line with her on a date!

Old 02-08-2010, 09:57 PM   #7
jbd

thats great. my wife love to shoot and so does my 10 year old daughter. im glad to see positive news on guns and gun ownership by women.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:34 AM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
Paula's comment about Jesus Christ being her ultimate protector but still being able to protect HERSELF is a great one and would have been perfect for the thread discussion we had a few weeks ago about CCW at church. Thanks for sharing, GL.
+1

Great job and thanks for posting!

Old 02-09-2010, 12:25 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Good stuff. I think a lot of folks would be surprised to know how many people actually carry on a regular basis and how many of them are women.

You're right lonyeager, Paula's comments were spot on. God is in control but I still carry my Kimber.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 02-09-2010, 12:44 PM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Can you get me a link for those purses. My wife doesn't carry as much as she should because she's scared the kids will get into her purse. One of those purses would be perfect! I did a search, and came up with nothing....Any help would be greatly appreciated.