Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Women...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 09:14 AM   #61
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPistol View Post
I know because I are one.

She just got her degree. That is not only a lot of work, but expensive,too. She is probably relieved that she is done with at least major component, and anticipating the next big phase (a.k.a. career options).

I do know that , for reasons I cannot explain, we women, when faced with some stressful situation, have a hard time admitting to what bothers us to other people, and will often take those frustrations out on others - that is, you.

Now she probably feels like with her degree she should be launching a fancy career (not necessarily true right away. It will still take time, but she probably feels pressure to get some big job). She also knows that you are becoming successful, promotions and all, without the degree.

so she is probably feeling like she needs to earn her keep. but she will cover that by making you feel like youre not - it's a female defensive thing that I cannot understand. I just know we do it sometimes.

Good luck! it is probably temporary, especially if you are supportive and she gets a good opportunity of some kind!
MissPistol,

I'm going to respectfully disagree with something you said.

Quote:
it is probably temporary, especially if you are supportive and she gets a good opportunity of some kind!
There is nothing temporary about this. It may be temporary in her mind, and it may work out in her mind, but there are two people in this relationship. She can't take back her comments about him going nowhere fast. She will never be able to convince him that a) she didn't mean it, b) she was only kidding, c) It was just one of those days, or d) All of the above.

The OP started off by calling this a major fight, and to him it is. In effect she attempted to emasculate him by saying he was going nowhere fast. She can try all she wants, but while the sound may fade eventually, it is impossible to un-ring this bell.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:39 AM   #62

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

Know what you mean man. Spent 2 years with who I thought I was gonna spend my life with, out of no where, she wants a break, she's happier with out me and here I am trying to find why she left me at the bottom of a glass bottle. I wouldn't wish these emotions on anyone and hope you find nothing but the best.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:42 AM   #63
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 883 Times on 588 Posts
Likes Given: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planejain View Post
Just for the record for all members of the forum, I have 1 year to go before I get my degree and will be making 75 grand to start out, with room to grow. I buy all my own toys, and oh, I am not looking for a bf.
Look back over your college loans as you put out resumes one after another, scratching your head over what went honorably wrong. Some recent grads have looked for a job in their field as long as they went to school.

Good luck!
Old 05-16-2013, 10:56 AM   #64
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 883 Times on 588 Posts
Likes Given: 224

What is on a woman's lips, in complaints about the relationship are most likely bogus. There is another burr under her saddle.

Could be she has another boy toy on the side, maybe another girl toy, times are a changing.
Women never really love a man, they see us as a tool to get what they want. Men, on the other hand, get p whipped and confuse that with love. One in five hundred couples really fall in love and bond for life, pretty rare event.
You were walking the dog by hand before this gal showed up, and was doing fine. Go back to that. With the money you save, get a sailboat. Now, there is a real woman for you.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #65
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2010 Times on 1092 Posts
Likes Given: 724

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
What is on a woman's lips, in complaints about the relationship are most likely bogus. There is another burr under her saddle.

Could be she has another boy toy on the side, maybe another girl toy, times are a changing.
Women never really love a man, they see us as a tool to get what they want. Men, on the other hand, get p whipped and confuse that with love. One in five hundred couples really fall in love and bond for life, pretty rare event.
You were walking the dog by hand before this gal showed up, and was doing fine. Go back to that. With the money you save, get a sailboat. Now, there is a real woman for you.
That's one of the most cynical posts I've read in a very long time. We need a "Do Not Like" button.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
People Like This 
Old 05-16-2013, 11:59 AM   #66
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
That's one of the most cynical posts I've read in a very long time. We need a "Do Not Like" button.
I do have to agree with his first sentence. There is something else bugging her. My only question is whether or not it has anything to do with him.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #67
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2010 Times on 1092 Posts
Likes Given: 724

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
I do have to agree with his first sentence. There is something else bugging her. My only question is whether or not it has anything to do with him.
I'm sure of that. The rest of the post is as jaded as one can get.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 05-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #68

Liked 2354 Times on 1531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA

Harsh, cold, and yes, cynical. But what percentage of married people would agree? :Eeeek: :0

Feral cat waterboarder

DFlynt Likes This 
Old 05-16-2013, 12:17 PM   #69

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Well if ya haven't noticed, he's (AR10) one of those who's a bit blunt. To the point of being offensive on occasion. While it chafes, badly, it's a bit refreshing I think. Makes me wanna unleash my inner ass hole too, get a few things off my chest.

OP, I hope things work out for you, HOWEVER they work out. Personally, I think you should follow the advice here and deep six that (insert sexist slur here).

Many of us (likely ALL) have had our share of relationship troubles, and have stood by other members who have too. This forum could give both, Masaad Ayoob (sp?) AND dear Annie a run for their money in their chosen professional realms.

She's emasculated you.
She has disrespected you.
She doesn't value your contribution.
She allows her friends to ridicule you, and here's a harsh fact: who the hell do you think is giving them the ammo to ridicule you with?
She's talking **** about you behind your back, likely in the most disrespectful way possible.
And I agree with the others, as bad as it sounds, in my experience; women rarely, if ever, move on unless they're moving on to SOMEONE ELSE.

Now, you're relationship is salvageable. All relationships are. The biggest question is: How much of your self dignity and self worth are you willing to throw away? Because that's what it's gonna take.

It's not about going along to get along.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #70
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 923 Times on 549 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin92 View Post
Know what you mean man. Spent 2 years with who I thought I was gonna spend my life with, out of no where, she wants a break, she's happier with out me and here I am trying to find why she left me at the bottom of a glass bottle. I wouldn't wish these emotions on anyone and hope you find nothing but the best.
Same boat here, except I was almost 20 years thinking I was there for life.