Women... - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Women...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 08:22 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planejain View Post
Just for the record for all members of the forum, I have 1 year to go before I get my degree and will be making 75 grand to start out, with room to grow. I buy all my own toys, and oh, I am not looking for a bf.
Well, bless your heart.
People Like This 
Old 05-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1279 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Let her go (or get rid of her) now, so you don't waste a bunch more years trying to make the impossible work. I know from experience how it can be. I married a former college homecoming queen. She was always trying to associate with men who were big shots in some way. For 19 years I tolerated one "friend" after another, to keep it together for the kids' sake. One day she asked me if it would be OK if her boyfriend moved into the house with "us". I said, "Sure, move him in. I'm gone". I left, divorced her, and paid the kids' way thru college. Her boyfriend didn't move in, because he didn't have the guts to leave his wife. She died alone of emphysema 15 years later, due to smoking. She always said she smoked because it was "sexy". I only wish I hadn't stayed so long. I threw away almost 2 decades of my life beating a dead horse.

Last edited by AIKIJUTSU; 05-15-2013 at 08:57 PM.
People Like This 
Old 05-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4283 Times on 2383 Posts
Likes Given: 21525

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr1943 View Post
It was Nancy Sinatra and ha, ha , ha ya' can't sing!!
Kinda glad I didn't know that one ..! Eeeek..!

Gonna do a little blues fur ya: I'm no Angel ....baby ....come take me by the hand .let me drive ..you . Crazy . Bay bay come on let me show you ma Tatoo
Gonna drive..ev .you ...crazy. ...enough ..Yeeee...Hauuuul..!

Old 05-15-2013, 09:26 PM   #44

Liked 5011 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

In my experience... most women want "most" what they "most" want to have... and it's usually unavailable.

Any gal who plays the "need a break" card while dating has already found something better.

The best response... IMHO... is "Thank God! I've been feeling this way for awhile now but did not want to hurt YOU!"

Whether it's true or not is irrelevant... Your in a "negotiation" and this is know as the "take away".

If nothing else... it should result in some excellent on and off make up nookie while she tries to make up her mind.

...and if you've not put a ring on her finger yet... then convenient nookie is really all it's been about... right?

Tack
dango Likes This 
Old 05-15-2013, 09:43 PM   #45

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
In my experience... most women want "most" what they "most" want to have... and it's usually unavailable.

Any gal who plays the "need a break" card while dating has already found something better.

The best response... IMHO... is "Thank God! I've been feeling this way for awhile now but did not want to hurt YOU!"

Whether it's true or not is irrelevant... Your in a "negotiation" and this is know as the "take away".

If nothing else... it should result in some excellent on and off make up nookie while she tries to make up her mind.

...and if you've not put a ring on her finger yet... then convenient nookie is really all it's been about... right?

Tack
I like the way u think sir.. i'd go with your idea
People Like This 
Old 05-15-2013, 09:56 PM   #46

Liked 88 Times on 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
Let her go and be glad you did. She's just been living off of you 'til she finished her school. Now she's going to go find (or has already found) somebody with mo' money to sponge off of. To try to hang on to her will make you look like a beggar. You'll do fine without her, and who knows, maybe you'll meet somebody who loves you for who you are. The next guy she attaches herself to will keep her only until she meets somebody else who'll be another step up the socio-economic ladder.
Hit the nail on the head!
dango Likes This 
Old 05-15-2013, 10:06 PM   #47
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8723 Times on 4699 Posts
Likes Given: 18423

Is anyone really impressed by an associates degree?

It took her six years to acquire a two year degree?
People Like This 
Old 05-15-2013, 10:06 PM   #48
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8501 Times on 5081 Posts
Likes Given: 11119

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshoot91 View Post
Thanks fella's and Winds
Off to work, and no lack of finances is not an issue. I supported this girl the entire time she was laid off think and thin if you know what i mean.
You sound like a wonderful man some woman would be happy to spend the rest of her life with. There's nothing sexier than a man who stands by his woman when she's down and out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU View Post
Let her go (or get rid of her) now, so you don't waste a bunch more years trying to make the impossible work. I know from experience how it can be. I married a former college homecoming queen. She was always trying to associate with men who were big shots in some way. For 19 years I tolerated one "friend" after another, to keep it together for the kids' sake. One day she asked me if it would be OK if her boyfriend moved into the house with "us". I said, "Sure, move him in. I'm gone". I left, divorced her, and paid the kids' way thru college. Her boyfriend didn't move in, because he didn't have the guts to leave his wife. She died alone of emphysema 15 years later, due to smoking. She always said she smoked because it was "sexy". I only wish I hadn't stayed so long. I threw away almost 2 decades of my life beating a dead horse.
Man, that is a very tough one. But that is sometimes what happens to people who don't "connect" with someone. That is very sad, indeed.
dango Likes This 
Old 05-15-2013, 10:15 PM   #49

Liked 984 Times on 527 Posts
Likes Given: 795

Dump her she is worthless. Not worth the trouble. Women everywhere who want a good man who works. Her degree is not a big deal. Plenty of degree people working at McDonalds.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:28 PM   #50
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3277 Times on 1584 Posts
Likes Given: 1645

tshoot,

They have given you some excellent advise. First of all the Lord will guide you if you actually let him! Second things do happen for a reason. And finally I have seen so many young people in relationships be manipulated by the other party. You know, the head games and control techniques. Honestly sounds what you are involved with. Relationship diminished is evident by the Blame Game as well as the Belittlement Game! Example: You do not have a good enough job, you are late what took you so long! Also to point it out in front of others to make one feel more important and in control. Or the perception I have a College Education now so I am better! And you have a much lower paying job and going no place! My young friend! You will never be happy being manipulated and having to walk on thin ice to appease or make the other party happy and continually strive to make and keep the peace! Does Not Work! And you life would be miserable. I have been married twice and the good Lord sent me an Angel the second time! Now of 22 years! She never complains about me hunting or fishing or getting a new toy (Gun) now and then. She is petite and feminine but yet likes to do the things that I do, with me on a lot of occasions. But she also gives me my man space with no grief. For example four of my Buddies came down to Tennessee to Smallmouth fish with me this week for four days. She helps entertain by being a good wife and fixed us one tremendous breakfast in the morning. We did all the other cooking and grilling but she helped us clean up. I also go to Texas hunting for two weeks every year! Moral of the story as some have previously mentioned there are great gals out there who tolerate our sporting addictions as well as like to do the same things we do. And they are beautiful not only in looks but in spirit, mind, attitude and regarding to having a lasting good relationship. As you have already displayed, do not jump the gun! Give all relationships time to prove themselves. Some can put on a great show for a while only to show their real side in time. And those controlling types and those who always need pampered to extreme and "it is all about them all the time" in order for the world to make them happy! Look Out! Life will go on and it will be much better as you get smarter and more cautious and selective! Give it time! You will be fine!

Good Luck She is Out There!

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 05-15-2013 at 10:30 PM.
People Like This