Women... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Women...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 05:50 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 78 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
You seem to speak as if you are a young man.... and speaking as an old goat here...
My advice... let her go. A large problem in a lot of relationships is the fact that 1) one or both parties are not, or do not know how to be happy and/or satisfied within a relationship... and 2) there needs to be a realization that one cannot control the heart and mind of the other... The only thing you can ever control in your life is your own self and how you react to events that happen in and around you.

Long answer short.. you BOTH deserve to be happy. If she is not, let her go. It may seem like your life is collapsing and your heart breaking, but tomorrow the sun will rise... the birds will sing... children will play and you will get on with your life if you choose to also. I get the feeling in a surprisingly short while this will not be such a big thing.
Wise words, and you are correct; we both are still young with the rest of our lives ahead of us.

While I'm one the get caught up with the in's and out's of "religion"; I do have a very strong relationship with the Lord. I view life with the belief that everything truly does happen for a reason according to God's will.
Life will go on and the Earth will continue to spin until the moment that it will cease.

I respect the opinion of many of the members of this site, and knew I would be able to hear some good advice to think over while at work tonight. thank you all.

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever."--Thomas Jefferson

“To the distinguished character of patriot, it should be our highest glory to add
the more distinguished character of Christian.” --George Washington

"If we make peaceful revolution impossible, we make violent revolution inevitable." --John F. Kennedy

People Like This 
Old 05-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #12

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshoot91
Just had a major fight with my girlfired of 6+ years last night...

Long story short here real quick. She just graduated with an associate's degree the other day (still has her PTA degree to do and has been accepted into the program already.) Last night she stops and says she feels that "I'm going nowhere fast".

Although a couple months ago I was just promoted to a manager position at work making $15.75/hr +OT.

I've always took good care of this girl. I feel like now that she has a college degree she is on a high horse. (I never finished college when I had this job offer.) When I said this is struck a nerve to the point where I belive I hit the nail right on the head. Now she's talking about a "break" like we all don't known how that one always plays out...

Life...
I went through the same thing with my ex...We were together for 4 years. Then one day she starts talking about needing a break. Telling me I don't have a good enough job. All kinds of things, so we take a break and get back together after a few months. We get back together but things were different. I took her a trip to Disney world cause shed always wanted to go. Well guess what when we got back she broke up with me. This girl sounds like she's looking for reasons for y'all to break up. If you persist I bet one day she will just end. I'd say for now just see how she acts, see if she starts getting mad at your for things she never has, once it starts there's no going back.

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

People Like This 
Old 05-15-2013, 06:15 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Can we take up a collection, and pay for the shipping cost of da boots........

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

People Like This 
Old 05-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

If she is talking about a break, I'd sure give her one. And it most likely would be a permanent one. There are many good woman out there.

Old 05-15-2013, 06:40 PM   #15

Liked 1620 Times on 869 Posts
Likes Given: 2635

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planejain View Post
Just for the record for all members of the forum, I have 1 year to go before I get my degree and will be making 75 grand to start out, with room to grow. I buy all my own toys, and oh, I am not looking for a bf.
Do you: 1. Own your own boat? 2. Like to hunt? 3. Like to fish? Lol, just kidding, I'm happily married
Old 05-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #16

Liked 1142 Times on 592 Posts
Likes Given: 49

I've been married for 36 years. Divided among four women.

Old 05-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3455 Times on 1933 Posts
Likes Given: 19279

Pssssst.! As one stepping stone to another , we must keep our rock clean and maybe prepare for some newer feet .! Care to borrow my little broom.?

Or ,take a step back , listen and say nothing but observe , open mind is my best advice ! Sometimes things appear differently given a little space.! Good luck to ya.!

Old 05-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1275 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

Let her go and be glad you did. She's just been living off of you 'til she finished her school. Now she's going to go find (or has already found) somebody with mo' money to sponge off of. To try to hang on to her will make you look like a beggar. You'll do fine without her, and who knows, maybe you'll meet somebody who loves you for who you are. The next guy she attaches herself to will keep her only until she meets somebody else who'll be another step up the socio-economic ladder.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:01 PM   #19
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7787 Times on 4675 Posts
Likes Given: 9764

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
I have a new pair of wolverine boots size 10 I'll give to you.....you pay shipping...............Must have pics on the out come............ Oh and they are extra wide...............
Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
Can we take up a collection, and pay for the shipping cost of da boots........
Wills, you are the simplest of men with some complex posts. It always takes me a few seconds to figure out what you're saying.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:03 PM   #20
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7787 Times on 4675 Posts
Likes Given: 9764

Tshoot, it sounds like things aren't ever going to be the same.