Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Women...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 78 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPistol View Post
I know because I are one.

She just got her degree. That is not only a lot of work, but expensive,too. She is probably relieved that she is done with at least major component, and anticipating the next big phase (a.k.a. career options).

I do know that , for reasons I cannot explain, we women, when faced with some stressful situation, have a hard time admitting to what bothers us to other people, and will often take those frustrations out on others - that is, you.

Now she probably feels like with her degree she should be launching a fancy career (not necessarily true right away. It will still take time, but she probably feels pressure to get some big job). She also knows that you are becoming successful, promotions and all, without the degree.

so she is probably feeling like she needs to earn her keep. but she will cover that by making you feel like youre not - it's a female defensive thing that I cannot understand. I just know we do it sometimes.

Good luck! it is probably temporary, especially if you are supportive and she gets a good opportunity of some kind!
Right now she just graduated with only an associates of health science. (just a peice of paper for employers). In the fall she will be starting the program that will be a "real" degree that will lead to employment. (physical therapy assistant). That will take another two years to complete. Then she has plans to go after a Bachelors in the same field; (another two years). We will have to move out of this area for her to get into a school that offers the Bachelors.
Not an issue, I could be transferred to any Aldi in or out of my district, given my excellent work evals.

MissPistol, You have hit the nail on the head with your post. At the moment we have smoothed everything out (with an emphases on "at the moment")

Thank you all for the replies and advice from my FTF family

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever."--Thomas Jefferson

“To the distinguished character of patriot, it should be our highest glory to add
the more distinguished character of Christian.” --George Washington

"If we make peaceful revolution impossible, we make violent revolution inevitable." --John F. Kennedy

People Like This 
Old 05-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #92
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1806 Times on 1291 Posts
Likes Given: 2034

Default Some women.............

Confucious say, samurai who uses naging womens tongue to sharpen sword only need to do it once.............

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

People Like This 
Old 05-19-2013, 05:50 PM   #93

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Is anyone really impressed by an associates degree?

It took her six years to acquire a two year degree?
I think Tack is selfish. And right.

Oh, and...

http://www.hark.com/48-hours/hey-buddy-i-want-to-pick-up-my-car
Old 05-19-2013, 05:56 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
Was in reference to Tshooters stereotypical title of this thread. Not all of us women are waiting to catch a better bus.
No, but you're not getting, or staying, on a jalopy. A man is only as faithful as his options. Same with women except girlfriends usually encourage what they can to undermine each other.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:08 PM   #95
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1816 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPistol
I know because I are one.

She just got her degree. That is not only a lot of work, but expensive,too. She is probably relieved that she is done with at least major component, and anticipating the next big phase (a.k.a. career options).

I do know that , for reasons I cannot explain, we women, when faced with some stressful situation, have a hard time admitting to what bothers us to other people, and will often take those frustrations out on others - that is, you.

Now she probably feels like with her degree she should be launching a fancy career (not necessarily true right away. It will still take time, but she probably feels pressure to get some big job). She also knows that you are becoming successful, promotions and all, without the degree.

so she is probably feeling like she needs to earn her keep. but she will cover that by making you feel like youre not - it's a female defensive thing that I cannot understand. I just know we do it sometimes.

Good luck! it is probably temporary, especially if you are supportive and she gets a good opportunity of some kind!
I think it depends on the woman. No offense to men, but they are not great at context clues. Therefore, I explain exactly what I want if I'm asking for something and when I'm upset I explain exactly why I'm ticked off. There is no guess work in this house. If I'm upset he knows why because I like to get things resolved quickly. I don't like drama at all and want a peaceful and open environment. I think if more people honestly expressed their feelings (good or bad), relationships would be better all around.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #96
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2924 Times on 1679 Posts
Likes Given: 17343

Physical Therapy Assistant.. .? Eeeek..! Mid Evil , Inquisition stuff , again , Eeeek.! Run for the hills ..! Eeeeek..!

Old 05-19-2013, 06:16 PM   #97

You really think any boyfriend/husband is totally honest with his significant other? Every day in a man's life is REPLETE with little white lies out of self preservation in a relationship. More cute cat pictures would help with that by the way...

Dango, that's dentists don't you mean?

Last edited by HockaLouis; 05-19-2013 at 06:24 PM.
dango Likes This 
Old 05-19-2013, 06:37 PM   #98
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1816 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis
You really think any boyfriend/husband is totally honest with his significant other? Every day in a man's life is REPLETE with little white lies out of self preservation in a relationship. More cute cat pictures would help with that by the way...

Dango, that's dentists don't you mean?
I do think some men are honest. If you're not doing anything wrong, there's nothing to lie about. Plus in my book, getting caught in lies (even small ones) will break my trust and then I'm done. Hubby knows that and he knows I'm damn good at knowing a liar when I see one. In turn I don't keep any secrets or lies from him either. We're best friends who just happen to be married. Normally friends don't lie to each other. I think that we are an exception to the rule. We've both been through a previous marriage and appreciate what we have now.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:44 PM   #99
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2924 Times on 1679 Posts
Likes Given: 17343

If by history , doubt is prevalent , trust will always be an issue , as in sins of the others.! I have been 110% faithful the whole time of my relationship , but still , at times , could not extinguish her doubts..!

Old 05-19-2013, 11:22 PM   #100
Table of Warriors prospect
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6581 Times on 3598 Posts
Likes Given: 12906

If a tree falls in the wood, and there is no one around to hear it, does it really make a sound?

I have no idea. But...
If a beer spills, and my wife isn't even home, and I clean it up before she gets home, how does she always know that it happened?

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

dango Likes This