Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Women...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 78 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Default Women...

Just had a major fight with my girlfired of 6+ years last night...

Long story short here real quick. She just graduated with an associate's degree the other day (still has her PTA degree to do and has been accepted into the program already.) Last night she stops and says she feels that "I'm going nowhere fast".

Although a couple months ago I was just promoted to a manager position at work making $15.75/hr +OT.

I've always took good care of this girl. I feel like now that she has a college degree she is on a high horse. (I never finished college when I had this job offer.) When I said this is struck a nerve to the point where I belive I hit the nail right on the head. Now she's talking about a "break" like we all don't known how that one always plays out...

Life...

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever."--Thomas Jefferson

“To the distinguished character of patriot, it should be our highest glory to add
the more distinguished character of Christian.” --George Washington

"If we make peaceful revolution impossible, we make violent revolution inevitable." --John F. Kennedy

dango Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshoot91 View Post
Just had a major fight with my girlfired of 6+ years last night...

Long story short here real quick. She just graduated with an associate's degree the other day (still has her PTA degree to do and has been accepted into the program already.) Last night she stops and says she feels that "I'm going nowhere fast".

Although a couple months ago I was just promoted to a manager position at work making $15.75/hr +OT.

I've always took good care of this girl. I feel like now that she has a college degree she is on a high horse. (I never finished college when I had this job offer.) When I said this is struck a nerve to the point where I belive I hit the nail right on the head. Now she's talking about a "break" like we all don't known how that one always plays out...

Life...
Six years is a long time. Let cool down and talk about what the "real issue" may be. Be aware that she is looking or found someone she percieves to be "going somewhere fast".

I don't know what your living arrangements are, but time and observation has shown me lasting relationships need commitment - like marriage. At 70yrs. old my $.02 worth.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1743 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 1986

Default Das boot...........

I have a new pair of wolverine boots size 10 I'll give to you.....you pay shipping...............Must have pics on the out come............ Oh and they are extra wide...............

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

eatmydust Likes This 
Old 05-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2529 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 1399

I know that male/female relationships are always challenging, and rough patches crop up regularly as do endings. I wish you well in your relationship with this woman, however, if it does not work out, don't blame yourself.

There are literally billions of people that live their lives without any thought of you - ever. It is the people that have desire to meet you, be around you and spend time and energy on forging and maintaining a relationship with you that matter. Spend time with people that matter.

I'll tell you what's wrong with you, you're a human being and you are not perfect. No one is!

That's a news flash to some but common sense to the wise. You'll be fine.

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

People Like This 
Old 05-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #5

Liked 20 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Just for the record for all members of the forum, I have 1 year to go before I get my degree and will be making 75 grand to start out, with room to grow. I buy all my own toys, and oh, I am not looking for a bf.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I get the feeling you won't have to "look" for a bf!

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

Old 05-15-2013, 04:33 PM   #7

Liked 20 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Cuz they are like buses?

Old 05-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Buses? More like ticks!!

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

Old 05-15-2013, 04:36 PM   #9

Liked 663 Times on 366 Posts
Likes Given: 1374

You seem to speak as if you are a young man.... and speaking as an old goat here...
My advice... let her go. A large problem in a lot of relationships is the fact that 1) one or both parties are not, or do not know how to be happy and/or satisfied within a relationship... and 2) there needs to be a realization that one cannot control the heart and mind of the other... The only thing you can ever control in your life is your own self and how you react to events that happen in and around you.

Long answer short.. you BOTH deserve to be happy. If she is not, let her go. It may seem like your life is collapsing and your heart breaking, but tomorrow the sun will rise... the birds will sing... children will play and you will get on with your life if you choose to also. I get the feeling in a surprisingly short while this will not be such a big thing.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:38 PM   #10

Liked 78 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
I have a new pair of wolverine boots size 10 I'll give to you.....you pay shipping...............Must have pics on the out come............ Oh and they are extra wide...............
Just my size actually
On the notes of boots listen to this.

She wanted to go out and have a "girls night" with some of the chick from the hospital. No big deal, I had to work told her I'd give her a ride when shes ready to leave.
Call her when i clocked out; She says yeah don't let your phone die I'll call when were ready to leave.
40 mins later; Get a call "hey can you come me soon"...."sure babe ill leave here in just a few minutes.
20 mins later; i get to the bar, shes smashed with her girls...(one of the girls dated a buddy of mine, now shes not a huge fan of me )

Anyways...They all want one last drink, so i order a soda. Drinks come boom, I've been painted a target. (because she for some odd reason thought i took over an hour to come pick her up) keep in mind I say "wasted" trying to comprehend her call log on the cell phone.

Sitting at a table at the bar; The song "These Boots are Made for Walking" comes on...
Now let it be known, I enjoy a nice round a karaoke as much the next, but good Lord; talk about some childish mind games right at the moment.

We have never once before in our relationship been on any level of immaturity, we've always been above that.

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever."--Thomas Jefferson

“To the distinguished character of patriot, it should be our highest glory to add
the more distinguished character of Christian.” --George Washington

"If we make peaceful revolution impossible, we make violent revolution inevitable." --John F. Kennedy