Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Woman kills home invader... 911 call

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2009, 01:29 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

VERY interesting perspective! Thanks.

Old 12-16-2009, 03:26 AM   #22

I just saw this thread even though it is a couple days old, but i was just thinking about something when you guys said she would live with this the rest of her life. For some reason I don't understand why someone would be haunted for protecting themselves and killing someone. I feel I would be happy the whole thing happened if it was me because I felt like I made the world a slightly better place. Would you guys feel like you would have to live with the "horror" if this happened to you?

Old 12-16-2009, 03:52 AM   #23

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

personally I don't know if I would or not, I have been shot at before but I've never shot anyone. After knowing many people who have been involved in the war its easy to tell that some people can handle killing and some people can not. I know a guy who's body count in Iraq is at least a couple hundred and he can sleep like a baby and others whos isn't so high that cant even function in life because they're haunted by it. So all in all I would say it's a case by case basis, person to person. Some can handle it and some cant.

Last edited by ta1588; 12-16-2009 at 04:00 AM.

Old 12-16-2009, 05:57 AM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave8 View Post
I just saw this thread even though it is a couple days old, but i was just thinking about something when you guys said she would live with this the rest of her life. For some reason I don't understand why someone would be haunted for protecting themselves and killing someone. I feel I would be happy the whole thing happened if it was me because I felt like I made the world a slightly better place. Would you guys feel like you would have to live with the "horror" if this happened to you?
You'll never know until it happens. I'm willing to bet that if you have a conscience and a soul it would bother you that you had to do it.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:05 PM   #25
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 47 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Conscience is self-imposed, and some people can flip it off like a switch. Taking a life even in self defense would be tough for me. I could do it though...

Old 12-17-2009, 05:53 PM   #26

If someone was threatening me and i shot them i might feel some remorse depending on the circumstance. If someone was threatening my old lady or family, no remorse no looking back and 3 more bullets for good measure.

just a few cents from me

"You should see the damage, bronze. Huh? metal damage, brain damage. Heheheh. You listen bronze. I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller! I'm the Nightrider, baby .... .. .
and we ain't never comin' back!"