Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Woman at Arlington Cemetery resigns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 06:56 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4673 Times on 2259 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

It never ceases to amaze me... how completely oblivious so many of our Citizens are to the notions of "Honor" and "Sacrifice"???

I do think that she is the exception to the rule however. A "non vet" coworker of mine visited Arlington last month.

He was completely in awe of the place and sent back many pic's and videos to include the Ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

Boy... I sure hope Obama never holds a press conference there... He'd probably pronounce it as the Tom-B of the Unknown Soldier.

Tack

Old 05-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
He'd probably pronounce it as the Tom-B of the Unknown Soldier.
That idiot would probably think Tom B was the unknown soldier.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #53
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3859 Times on 2304 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Ok, this is in regards to the woman in the picture. I have seen teens do stupid stuff to be funny. As teens, we all did stuff we would rather forget. Yet, this woman is no teen. This shows her immaturity and lack of citizenship. There is no life lesson here. There should be a public shaming for such actions. In the past, the town would have the offending person placed in wooden constraints in the the square to be ridiculed by the populous. So, who is making mud pies? I will bring the eggs and rotten cabbage.

Last edited by Jagermeister; 05-08-2013 at 07:26 PM.
WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 05-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
I'm still up in the air about the photographer being fired. Should she lose her job capturing the stupidity of others? Then everyone submitting to America's Funniest Home Videos needs to be terminated.
From a copyright point of view the photographer owns the picture, not the subject. Directly or indirectly the photographer chose to allow it's release to the public sector. That was a bad choice.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #55
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 856 Times on 412 Posts
Likes Given: 80

She is a dipship and deserves whatever comes!!

JP-US Naval Aviation AMSC 20 years ( retired) ASW/Aircrew Wings
US Naval Academy Shooting Instructor (Annapolis) and shooting team member
Alway keep your six covered

Old 05-09-2013, 03:05 AM   #56
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1306 Times on 684 Posts
Likes Given: 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
From a copyright point of view the photographer owns the picture, not the subject. Directly or indirectly the photographer chose to allow it's release to the public sector. That was a bad choice.
Exactly right. However, the photographer did not retain the picture or her rights to it, she surrendered it free of charge to the idiot that posted it. Just wondering if she deserved the same level of punishment. Of course, a lot of employers like that "Zero Tolerance" BS because then they don't have to use any judgement at all.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 05-09-2013, 04:49 AM   #57
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8044 Times on 4640 Posts
Likes Given: 10380

Both women were on a business trip for their employer, as such they represent the company during the duration of the trip in my opinion. It is for this reason that I question the wisdom of having business conventions in Las Vegas or the like. That is not the sort of image I, personally, would want my company to promote. I wonder how many people have gotten fired for misconduct while at a business convention in Vegas?

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:39 AM   #58
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Both women were on a business trip for their employer, as such they represent the company during the duration of the trip in my opinion. It is for this reason that I question the wisdom of having business conventions in Las Vegas or the like. That is not the sort of image I, personally, would want my company to promote. I wonder how many people have gotten fired for misconduct while at a business convention in Vegas?
Wasn't Tailhook in Vegas?

Old 05-09-2013, 08:49 AM   #59
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Exactly right. However, the photographer did not retain the picture or her rights to it, she surrendered it free of charge to the idiot that posted it. Just wondering if she deserved the same level of punishment. Of course, a lot of employers like that "Zero Tolerance" BS because then they don't have to use any judgement at all.
I know the unemployment issue on Idiot 1 was self-inflicted. She quit. I'm not sure about Idiot 2, and since I find their actions disgusting, I'm not going back to read the story again. It sickens me every time I do.

My opinion, for what it's worth. There is no way to identify the photographer from the picture. Either somebody ratted her(?) out or they were the only two from the company that took the trip. Since her image is not in the picture I don't see how she could hurt the company externally. Internally is another story. Her co-workers have to know.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #60
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5869 Times on 2903 Posts
Likes Given: 6229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
Ok, this is in regards to the woman in the picture. I have seen teens do stupid stuff to be funny. As teens, we all did stuff we would rather forget. Yet, this woman is no teen. This shows her immaturity and lack of citizenship. There is no life lesson here. There should be a public shaming for such actions. In the past, the town would have the offending person placed in wooden constraints in the the square to be ridiculed by the populous. So, who is making mud pies? I will bring the eggs and rotten cabbage.
Thats exactly what happens when we tell young adults they arent really an adult until they are 27 years old! They have taken our natural instinct to protect children and supersized it. I had this fight with my wife while raising our daughter, Wife said, "She's not ready yet", I said, "no shes ready, its you that isnt ready". Sadly, I was right but she prevailed and now I have a 29 year old kid that has 3 kids of her own...