Wolves leaving federal protection, Bears next PLEASE!!! - Page 8
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Wolves leaving federal protection, Bears next PLEASE!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #71
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8155 Times on 4206 Posts
Likes Given: 9364

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
How was mountain lion?
Not so good! It was chewy and tasted like poorly prepared jerky of unknown origin. My Best friends Uncle owned a small game farm and the Cat was given to him because it was really old, had no teeth or claws and was a few months from dying of age. It certainly had a good life its last few months, Fay loved and cared well for all his critters to the very end; if they died of natural causes, they often showed up on the Supper table.

What I do remember clearly was the very old cat without claws and teeth was still a fighter, could smack you wicked hard with his paws and was as strong as a billy goat! We wrestled him and he would pin us down in seconds flat, if he had teeth and claws, we would have been his Dinner instead of the other way around!

Old 05-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #72
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Ironically, we do the same things with Animals as we do with Humans and get the same result. Spend good money to catch and lockup criminals so they dont attack us anymore then release them back into the population thinking things will be different this time...

Old 05-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #73
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post
I've never tried beaver, was it juicy, like a pork chop, or dry, like corned beef..?
The meat wasnt very course but very fatty and lots of muscle, gamey as hell and tasted like beaver and nothing else I could describe it as.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #74

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
.........edit*Finally got all the way through it. Damn! Five stars for certain! They need a camera mount that will allow the camera guy to take down the other bear, though.

Wonder what kind of bear crack was in that bait?
Glad you enjoyed it. It looked like a yearling to me, but still not something I would want on the other side of my tree. Things could have gone downhill pretty fast if that big guy decided to come up the tree, too.

Bait? Everybody's got their own recipe. Beaver carcasses are best, IMO, but not always handy.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #75
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
Bait? Everybody's got their own recipe. Beaver carcasses are best, IMO, but not always handy.
Not being a big fan of beavers either here by the swamp, I must admit I immediately considered beaver IED's made with alka-seltzers.

"POP" "got another 'un Ollie!"