Wolves leaving federal protection, Bears next PLEASE!!! - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Wolves leaving federal protection, Bears next PLEASE!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 03:37 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 70 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Nope I don't agree or several reasons.

1) Despite what many think wolves are more scared of you than you are of them. There has only been 1 recorded attack on a human by a wolf in the last 100 years.
2) You are not gonna eat it so why the **** shoot it
3) There are less than 15,000 gray wolves in the entire country. That is not enough to support hunting. As many hunters as there are wolves would be extinct within a year.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:44 AM   #52

Liked 4545 Times on 2263 Posts
Likes Given: 1034

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHunter

1) Despite what many think wolves are more scared of you than you are of them. There has only been 1 recorded attack on a human by a wolf in the last 100 years.
3) There are less than 15,000 gray wolves in the entire country. That is not enough to support hunting. As many hunters as there are wolves would be extinct within a year.
Yeah... Hence the legal hunting methods such as lotteries and managing numbers. Just because hunting is legalized doesn't make it a free for all.

Arbitrary enforcement of the law is the mark of tyranny. Citizens will always fight against it.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:53 AM   #53

The current wolf population is not stable or high enough to support hunting. Wolf hunting is nothing more than killing for the hell of it aka trophy hunting. If you have to defend yourself from 1 that is another story but hunting them is ****in retarded and deserves a good long hospital stay after a nice ass whoopin. Trophy hunters are the ones that give all of us hunters a bad name.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:00 AM   #54
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2337 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 846

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHunter View Post
Predation... no simpler answer than that.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 04-30-2013, 04:30 AM   #55

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

MTHunter, you need to slow down a little. These particular wolves that are being discussed are not, nor ever were, native to the area they've been released into, and they're already decimating herds of other game, putting THEM at risk already.

You want to talk about Hunters getting a bad name, yet Hunters are the single largest conservation entity in the country, with a well known track record for PRESERVING NATURAL wildlife for the enjoyment of generations to come. These wolves are NOT natural to the area that's being discussed, and the animals of that area have never naturally been preyed upon by this particular species, which is a much bigger breed, eats much more, and travels in much larger packs than what was originally native to the area.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:44 PM   #56
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:

Quote:
The current wolf population is not stable or high enough to support hunting. Wolf hunting is nothing more than killing for the hell of it aka trophy hunting. If you have to defend yourself from 1 that is another story but hunting them is ****in retarded and deserves a good long hospital stay after a nice ass whoopin. Trophy hunters are the ones that give all of us hunters a bad name.
1. So what; how many cows have they killed? You pay for those with every burger you buy. I refuse to feed government wolves.
2. See #1.
3. Fine by me; a few non-native wolves in some zoos should be plenty. I would be OK with leaving only taxidermied examples.

As far as "hunting them being f'in retarded", who made you the one to decide that? I think duck hunting is pretty silly, but people enjoy it and it contributes to the health of the duck population through financial support and observations.

If you don't like trophy hunters, lobby to have it illegalized. Until it is, maybe you could try hugging some wolves to console them.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:44 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
1. So what; how many cows have they killed? You pay for those with every burger you buy. I refuse to feed government wolves.
2. See #1.
3. Fine by me; a few non-native wolves in some zoos should be plenty. I would be OK with leaving only taxidermied examples.

As far as "hunting them being f'in retarded", who made you the one to decide that? I think duck hunting is pretty silly, but people enjoy it and it contributes to the health of the duck population through financial support and observations.

If you don't like trophy hunters, lobby to have it illegalized. Until it is, maybe you could try hugging some wolves to console them.
If you choose to have a farm in wolf country then guess what you accept that maybe a wolf is gonna eat a cow.

Last edited by JonM; 05-01-2013 at 01:36 AM. Reason: edit for flaming

Old 04-30-2013, 10:35 PM   #58
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 149 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 142

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Lemon pepper or garlic salt can make almost anything edible. I'm sure there's some dedicated groundhog recipes out there though... Now I'm curious...
They would better in a stew, I believe, "cause it reminded me of stew beef

Old 04-30-2013, 10:59 PM   #59
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

[quote=MTHunter;1232307]If you choose to have a farm in wolf country then guess what you accept that maybe a wolf is gonna eat a cow. [quote]

So, is it wrong for farmers in dry areas to irrigate their fields?

I must say, I think people who share your conservationista ideals are the real problem. You want wolves? Get an enclosure for your ranch and have some, but don't dump them on the rest of us.

The environment is a living changing evolving system; animals, plants, even lakes that fail to adapt to their changing environment (including superior predators) die off. I am OK with these changes; much as I am OK with the changes my body undergoes as I age or with the possibility that our species may become extinct due to a change in our environment. These wolves under discussion were artificially introduced to an environment not their own and are not fitting in well with that environment; this is an example of mankind (particularly the federal government) tampering with nature in a way it should not be allowed to. The NATIVE wolf in most of North America has passed its time and should be allowed to dwindle in population and territory to the level sustainable by nature. Hunting is a part of nature, as is man.

The world changes, don't let it bother you.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by JonM; 05-01-2013 at 01:37 AM. Reason: fixed quote

Old 05-01-2013, 04:26 AM   #60
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2337 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 846

Quote:
If you choose to have a farm in wolf country then guess what you accept that maybe a wolf is gonna eat a cow.
You have to be joking.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA