Wolves leaving federal protection, Bears next PLEASE!!! - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Wolves leaving federal protection, Bears next PLEASE!!!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 03:37 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 188
Liked 70 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default

Nope I don't agree or several reasons.

1) Despite what many think wolves are more scared of you than you are of them. There has only been 1 recorded attack on a human by a wolf in the last 100 years.
2) You are not gonna eat it so why the **** shoot it
3) There are less than 15,000 gray wolves in the entire country. That is not enough to support hunting. As many hunters as there are wolves would be extinct within a year.

__________________
MTHunter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:44 AM   #52
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Mosin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,381
Liked 4545 Times on 2263 Posts
Likes Given: 1034

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHunter
Nope I don't agree or several reasons.

1) Despite what many think wolves are more scared of you than you are of them. There has only been 1 recorded attack on a human by a wolf in the last 100 years.
2) You are not gonna eat it so why the **** shoot it
3) There are less than 15,000 gray wolves in the entire country. That is not enough to support hunting. As many hunters as there are wolves would be extinct within a year.
Yeah... Hence the legal hunting methods such as lotteries and managing numbers. Just because hunting is legalized doesn't make it a free for all.
__________________

Arbitrary enforcement of the law is the mark of tyranny. Citizens will always fight against it.

Mosin is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:53 AM   #53
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 188
Liked 70 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default

The current wolf population is not stable or high enough to support hunting. Wolf hunting is nothing more than killing for the hell of it aka trophy hunting. If you have to defend yourself from 1 that is another story but hunting them is ****in retarded and deserves a good long hospital stay after a nice ass whoopin. Trophy hunters are the ones that give all of us hunters a bad name.

__________________
MTHunter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:00 AM   #54
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ScottA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Davenport,IA
Posts: 6,991
Liked 2337 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 846

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHunter View Post
2) You are not gonna eat it so why the **** shoot it
Predation... no simpler answer than that.
__________________

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
ScottA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:30 AM   #55
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: West, by God, Funroe,Louisiana
Posts: 18,707
Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Default

MTHunter, you need to slow down a little. These particular wolves that are being discussed are not, nor ever were, native to the area they've been released into, and they're already decimating herds of other game, putting THEM at risk already.

You want to talk about Hunters getting a bad name, yet Hunters are the single largest conservation entity in the country, with a well known track record for PRESERVING NATURAL wildlife for the enjoyment of generations to come. These wolves are NOT natural to the area that's being discussed, and the animals of that area have never naturally been preyed upon by this particular species, which is a much bigger breed, eats much more, and travels in much larger packs than what was originally native to the area.

__________________
trip286 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:44 PM   #56
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,155
Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHunter View Post
Nope I don't agree or several reasons.

1) Despite what many think wolves are more scared of you than you are of them. There has only been 1 recorded attack on a human by a wolf in the last 100 years.
2) You are not gonna eat it so why the **** shoot it
3) There are less than 15,000 gray wolves in the entire country. That is not enough to support hunting. As many hunters as there are wolves would be extinct within a year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHunter View Post
The current wolf population is not stable or high enough to support hunting. Wolf hunting is nothing more than killing for the hell of it aka trophy hunting. If you have to defend yourself from 1 that is another story but hunting them is ****in retarded and deserves a good long hospital stay after a nice ass whoopin. Trophy hunters are the ones that give all of us hunters a bad name.
1. So what; how many cows have they killed? You pay for those with every burger you buy. I refuse to feed government wolves.
2. See #1.
3. Fine by me; a few non-native wolves in some zoos should be plenty. I would be OK with leaving only taxidermied examples.

As far as "hunting them being f'in retarded", who made you the one to decide that? I think duck hunting is pretty silly, but people enjoy it and it contributes to the health of the duck population through financial support and observations.

If you don't like trophy hunters, lobby to have it illegalized. Until it is, maybe you could try hugging some wolves to console them.
__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:44 PM   #57
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 188
Liked 70 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
1. So what; how many cows have they killed? You pay for those with every burger you buy. I refuse to feed government wolves.
2. See #1.
3. Fine by me; a few non-native wolves in some zoos should be plenty. I would be OK with leaving only taxidermied examples.

As far as "hunting them being f'in retarded", who made you the one to decide that? I think duck hunting is pretty silly, but people enjoy it and it contributes to the health of the duck population through financial support and observations.

If you don't like trophy hunters, lobby to have it illegalized. Until it is, maybe you could try hugging some wolves to console them.
If you choose to have a farm in wolf country then guess what you accept that maybe a wolf is gonna eat a cow.
__________________

Last edited by JonM; 05-01-2013 at 01:36 AM. Reason: edit for flaming
MTHunter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:35 PM   #58
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SW FL
Posts: 355
Liked 149 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 142

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Lemon pepper or garlic salt can make almost anything edible. I'm sure there's some dedicated groundhog recipes out there though... Now I'm curious...
They would better in a stew, I believe, "cause it reminded me of stew beef
__________________
jackrich3 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:59 PM   #59
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,155
Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

[quote=MTHunter;1232307]If you choose to have a farm in wolf country then guess what you accept that maybe a wolf is gonna eat a cow. [quote]

So, is it wrong for farmers in dry areas to irrigate their fields?

I must say, I think people who share your conservationista ideals are the real problem. You want wolves? Get an enclosure for your ranch and have some, but don't dump them on the rest of us.

The environment is a living changing evolving system; animals, plants, even lakes that fail to adapt to their changing environment (including superior predators) die off. I am OK with these changes; much as I am OK with the changes my body undergoes as I age or with the possibility that our species may become extinct due to a change in our environment. These wolves under discussion were artificially introduced to an environment not their own and are not fitting in well with that environment; this is an example of mankind (particularly the federal government) tampering with nature in a way it should not be allowed to. The NATIVE wolf in most of North America has passed its time and should be allowed to dwindle in population and territory to the level sustainable by nature. Hunting is a part of nature, as is man.

The world changes, don't let it bother you.

__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.


Last edited by JonM; 05-01-2013 at 01:37 AM. Reason: fixed quote
orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:26 AM   #60
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ScottA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Davenport,IA
Posts: 6,991
Liked 2337 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 846

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHunter View Post
If you choose to have a farm in wolf country then guess what you accept that maybe a wolf is gonna eat a cow.
You have to be joking.
__________________

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA
ScottA is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Personal Protection(Eye,Ear and Face protection) alfredm123 Training & Safety 1 09-20-2012 12:21 PM
Handgun for wolves. BlueTurf General Handgun Discussion 144 01-23-2012 04:51 AM
Re-introducing wolves Davyboy Hunting Forum 66 05-17-2011 05:27 PM
Good ole Peace-loving Bears/How many human lives are free-range bears worth? orangello The Club House 40 08-20-2010 07:25 PM
Wolves Impact markerdown Hunting Forum 38 03-06-2010 04:39 PM