Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Wolves leaving federal protection, Bears next PLEASE!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #21
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2061 Times on 1118 Posts
Likes Given: 745

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
I would have no desire to shoot either. Unless defending livestock or myself. There is none here so its not a problem.
Most of the US is farm country, and I live right in the heart of it. Recently a friend told he had seen what he thought was a wolf in our area. They haven't been seen around here for over a century. We have recently found out that the DNR is releasing cougars in our area as well.

What kind of idiocy does it take to release apex predators right in the middle of the largest livestock and farming areas in the country.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
People Like This 
Old 04-28-2013, 02:14 PM   #22

Liked 85 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post

Most of the US is farm country, and I live right in the heart of it. Recently a friend told he had seen what he thought was a wolf in our area. They haven't been seen around here for over a century. We have recently found out that the DNR is releasing cougars in our area as well.

What kind of idiocy does it take to release apex predators right in the middle of the largest livestock and farming areas in the country.
Those there be lib cougars boys. They only go after the scared young free thinking cafs. Lmao. Dont worry tho. Alittle bait a nice trap and a dash of relocating to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington may be just the thing. Hahaha

you pew pew pew lately bro!?

Old 04-28-2013, 03:38 PM   #23
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5886 Times on 2913 Posts
Likes Given: 6246

Quote:

No kidding, they did the same in Upstate and didnt tell anyone, WTF? My wife saw a Wildcat in the backyard 2 years ago, I have grandchildren that play on my yard, I really dont need to worry about them getting eaten by an animal that we eradicated 100 years ago for good reason.

We dont graze herds on public lands in NY, farms are all private owned and you cant have a herd unless you have enough land of your own to get rid of the Excrement. They release vermin on public land and somehow think they will stay there; not likely, thats so damn shortsighted its ridiculous.

Hunting and eradicating Vermin isnt just for fun, its necessary otherwise we and our livestock will become the prey, dont say it isnt true, its happened more often than it hasnt.

As far as the Bears in Jersey go, they were happy as pigs in poop while all the dumps were feeding them but when they capped them and turned them into playgrounds, the bears got hungry, shocking huh? Ithaca NY had a moratorium for years on hunting deer and after a decade or more they became rife with disease and herds of them were wiping out peoples yards and crops. All the sudden their Cornell prize winning blooms were being munched and more deer than flies were being stuck to the front of their tiny ZEV's, they tried birth control but the deer refused to take it regularly! Now they are paying professionals (rednecks like me) to remove them permanently.

Old 04-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #24

Liked 205 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

90% of all spicies that walked the earth are extinct. Another one or two would not make a hill of beans, and yes the Wolf needs to go completely. I don't doubt that the idiots would want to re-introduce the T-Rex to the national parks to comtrol camper over population as well.

Jim

Old 04-28-2013, 05:32 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 142 Times on 86 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Quote:

Agreed. Lunacy! Introducing cougars amonst dairy farms??!!

Old 04-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #26

Liked 40 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Every time this issue comes up I see posts about grey arctic wolves being native and how they were killed off and on and on.
The fact is arctic grey wolves are from the arctic north above the lower 48 where they feed mainly on huge caribou herds they follow.
Here in Idaho the native wolves were timber wolves that are a much smaller specie.
When the arctic grey wolves not native to Idaho were introduced the timber wolves were far and few and rarely seen. Now they are never seen because the arctic grey wolves killed the remaining timber wolves off.
Coyotes are killed on site by wolves and have never been a huge problem like wolves here. They are to small to bring down elk and moose and there worst thing is to attack deer being born but don't do that very often. They go after smaller game.
Being as the northern part of Idaho and north western Montana are not farm or ranching country live stock is not the big problem with them.
Here they kill elk for fun and can tell a pregnant cow elk and like to take them down and tear the fetus from the womb and eat it and leave the cow elk to die a slow death.They will kill any canine they see and that means peoples dogs.
For pictures of this go to save the elk .com.
In eastern Montana and southern Idaho where the valleys are wide and farming and ranching are possible they have the problems with them taking live stock.
The elk deer and moose here do not run in herds of thousands and don't migrate like caribou.
We live in steep mountains with tiny valleys with very little to no flat land and no one has perfected a tractor or technique to farm the country. If you remove the vegetation from the mountians here all the top soil washes down hill during winter run off any way.
Many people not from this area picture ranches and farms dominating the state and think every one from Idaho grew up on a potatoe farm or ranch.
I was in my mid twenties when I first travelled to southern Idaho ten hours drive south and seen my first potatoe field.
In winter here the snow gets twenty feet deep in the mountains and its not uncommon to have three feet of snow over night in the valleys in our yards.Elk and deer sink in deep snow and once it is not powder snow and firms up they cannot plow through it and have to jump to move ahead.
So the game comes down so they can scratch through the snow and feed off trees etc and still be able to move.
Wolves how ever can run across old deep snow during a bad winter and the elk and deer are helpless.A man on snow shoes can keep up with a elk in old snow five foot deep.
The winters them selves claim a lot of elk during bad winters then add the wolves who kill for fun and leave them laying every day.
Snow mobiles are very popular here and our fees for permits are used to buy and maintain and pay operators to pack hundreds of miles of dirt roads closed in winter for snow mobiling.
The elk and deer can walk on this compacted smooth surface and use them as well to get around.
Riding a snowmobile here where you travel many times a hundred miles in a day on these groomed roads you come across many many dead elk un eaten and torn up by wolves.
During tough winters you some times see wolf packs from the free way chasing elk.
Three years ago walmart shoppers watched a pack chase elk and kill them from the parking lot across the freeway.
Our elk herds are so decimated that there is now a bulls only season
The wolves here so far have not posed a threat to humans because of the abundance of elk and deer here and the fun they get killing them.
They are also beginning the be a htreat to the bears here both black bears and griz because they will go right into a den and drag out the cubs and eat them while the mothers is in hibernation.
We have always had thousands of black bear here and in our yards year round seeking a free bee in the trash cans etc.
Black bears can be very dangerous and grow a lot bigger here than back east. But bears do not hunt in packs or kill for fun.
They also eat what they kill.
Idaho always has had huge numbers of elk and deer as well and every thing balanced out.
But introducing a non native specie here of huge wolves has done what it does any where a non native carnivore is introduced.NON NATIVE the grey wolves were never hunted here to extinction because they were never here.
Native Timber Wolves were NOT extinct here before the arctic grey wolves were introduced either. Now they are.
In 1986 the right to work law was introduced reducing wages and devastating the middle class. People here live in poverty in large numbers and must fill the freezer every year to get buy.
I used to feed my wife and two kids on a elk and a deer for a year.I had to supplement that with trout and grouse I shot. My wife would most of the time get a elk and always a deer.
Many many people live that way here and most of us shot bull elk before we turned thirteen and prefer a big cow elk for meat.
Cows are also easier to find.
Now due to the wolves we have to kill bulls only and its more difficult to hunt them down.
Unlike many places back east where you can kill more than one deer we are limited to one deer either a whitetail or mule deer. Even a large mule deer will not feed a family very long.
So you can understand why we despise the wolves and the tree hugging eco nut cases who pushed for there introduction.
Many people have no Idea how many species of wolves there are or where they are native to. The tree huggers play on this and go out of there way to drop the arctic from the name of the wolves where they are native to and use wolves only to designate all species.
They refuse to acknowledge that here we have always had huge bear populations as well as cougars and we never had a problem with the size of our elk herds and we also have bad winters that claim a few elk and deer.
Not until these NON NATIVE ARCTIC GREY WOLVES were introduced into a environment they never existed in before and have raped our woods.
What do you think would happen if salt water crocodiles were introduced in florida and half the people in the usa thought they were the same as American crocs and the tree huggers pushed this lie like they do with the ARCTIC GREY WOLVES from the arctic.
Look at what the Burmese Pythons are doing in florida and the snake head fish.
Look at what hogs are doing in many states especialy in Texas.
I have talked to Texans who tell me the hogs crossed with the Russian bores will hunt you down and eat you and it is not uncommon to use a 45-70 to stop them charging.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:19 PM   #27

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I'm a firm believer that animals should only be killed as a means to supplement food, protect livestock, property or self, or in the course of conservation (such as, when they kill too many of the local large game herds, like caribou).

This obviously does not include beef cattle that are raised to feed the masses, or any other such "supermarket" animals. They are no different in my eyes than corn or wheat.

It also excludes accidents. Duh. When a deer, wolf, bear, or skunk runs out in front of your car... **** happens.

Every animal, even the most ferocious predator, has it's place in the natural ecosystem.

It is up to Hunters, our nations most effective conservation organization, to manage the wildlife of all sorts, so that future generations may enjoy it. Yes, even though some members of that future generation may get eaten by it. They should be educated and equipped so that this doesn't happen. See my avatar? Never to young.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #28
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2061 Times on 1118 Posts
Likes Given: 745

Only 1.04% of Iowa is publicly owned land, and 92% of the land is farmland. Only Kansas has a smaller percentage of public lands in the US. As soon as you release predators in this state, they will be on private property and likely on a farm in a matter of hours.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 04-28-2013, 07:07 PM   #29

Liked 902 Times on 475 Posts
Likes Given: 635

Quote:
Originally Posted by onenut58 View Post
Every time this issue comes up I see posts about grey arctic wolves being native and how they were killed off and on and on.
The fact is arctic grey wolves are from the arctic north above the lower 48 where they feed mainly on huge caribou herds they follow.
Here in Idaho the native wolves were timber wolves that are a much smaller specie.
When the arctic grey wolves not native to Idaho were introduced the timber wolves were far and few and rarely seen. Now they are never seen because the arctic grey wolves killed the remaining timber wolves off.
Coyotes are killed on site by wolves and have never been a huge problem like wolves here. They are to small to bring down elk and moose and there worst thing is to attack deer being born but don't do that very often. They go after smaller game.
Being as the northern part of Idaho and north western Montana are not farm or ranching country live stock is not the big problem with them.
Here they kill elk for fun and can tell a pregnant cow elk and like to take them down and tear the fetus from the womb and eat it and leave the cow elk to die a slow death.They will kill any canine they see and that means peoples dogs.
For pictures of this go to save the elk .com.
In eastern Montana and southern Idaho where the valleys are wide and farming and ranching are possible they have the problems with them taking live stock.
The elk deer and moose here do not run in herds of thousands and don't migrate like caribou.
We live in steep mountains with tiny valleys with very little to no flat land and no one has perfected a tractor or technique to farm the country. If you remove the vegetation from the mountians here all the top soil washes down hill during winter run off any way.
Many people not from this area picture ranches and farms dominating the state and think every one from Idaho grew up on a potatoe farm or ranch.
I was in my mid twenties when I first travelled to southern Idaho ten hours drive south and seen my first potatoe field.
In winter here the snow gets twenty feet deep in the mountains and its not uncommon to have three feet of snow over night in the valleys in our yards.Elk and deer sink in deep snow and once it is not powder snow and firms up they cannot plow through it and have to jump to move ahead.
So the game comes down so they can scratch through the snow and feed off trees etc and still be able to move.
Wolves how ever can run across old deep snow during a bad winter and the elk and deer are helpless.A man on snow shoes can keep up with a elk in old snow five foot deep.
The winters them selves claim a lot of elk during bad winters then add the wolves who kill for fun and leave them laying every day.
Snow mobiles are very popular here and our fees for permits are used to buy and maintain and pay operators to pack hundreds of miles of dirt roads closed in winter for snow mobiling.
The elk and deer can walk on this compacted smooth surface and use them as well to get around.
Riding a snowmobile here where you travel many times a hundred miles in a day on these groomed roads you come across many many dead elk un eaten and torn up by wolves.
During tough winters you some times see wolf packs from the free way chasing elk.
Three years ago walmart shoppers watched a pack chase elk and kill them from the parking lot across the freeway.
Our elk herds are so decimated that there is now a bulls only season
The wolves here so far have not posed a threat to humans because of the abundance of elk and deer here and the fun they get killing them.
They are also beginning the be a htreat to the bears here both black bears and griz because they will go right into a den and drag out the cubs and eat them while the mothers is in hibernation.
We have always had thousands of black bear here and in our yards year round seeking a free bee in the trash cans etc.
Black bears can be very dangerous and grow a lot bigger here than back east. But bears do not hunt in packs or kill for fun.
They also eat what they kill.
Idaho always has had huge numbers of elk and deer as well and every thing balanced out.
But introducing a non native specie here of huge wolves has done what it does any where a non native carnivore is introduced.NON NATIVE the grey wolves were never hunted here to extinction because they were never here.
Native Timber Wolves were NOT extinct here before the arctic grey wolves were introduced either. Now they are.
In 1986 the right to work law was introduced reducing wages and devastating the middle class. People here live in poverty in large numbers and must fill the freezer every year to get buy.
I used to feed my wife and two kids on a elk and a deer for a year.I had to supplement that with trout and grouse I shot. My wife would most of the time get a elk and always a deer.
Many many people live that way here and most of us shot bull elk before we turned thirteen and prefer a big cow elk for meat.
Cows are also easier to find.
Now due to the wolves we have to kill bulls only and its more difficult to hunt them down.
Unlike many places back east where you can kill more than one deer we are limited to one deer either a whitetail or mule deer. Even a large mule deer will not feed a family very long.
So you can understand why we despise the wolves and the tree hugging eco nut cases who pushed for there introduction.
Many people have no Idea how many species of wolves there are or where they are native to. The tree huggers play on this and go out of there way to drop the arctic from the name of the wolves where they are native to and use wolves only to designate all species.
They refuse to acknowledge that here we have always had huge bear populations as well as cougars and we never had a problem with the size of our elk herds and we also have bad winters that claim a few elk and deer.
Not until these NON NATIVE ARCTIC GREY WOLVES were introduced into a environment they never existed in before and have raped our woods.
What do you think would happen if salt water crocodiles were introduced in florida and half the people in the usa thought they were the same as American crocs and the tree huggers pushed this lie like they do with the ARCTIC GREY WOLVES from the arctic.
Look at what the Burmese Pythons are doing in florida and the snake head fish.
Look at what hogs are doing in many states especialy in Texas.
I have talked to Texans who tell me the hogs crossed with the Russian bores will hunt you down and eat you and it is not uncommon to use a 45-70 to stop them charging.
Yep I agree with you on everything but the hogs. They won't hunt you. Wolves were introduced to reduce game populations by huge margins. No game no hunters. All part of there plan.

USMC 74-78

Old 04-28-2013, 07:42 PM   #30

Liked 3763 Times on 1803 Posts
Likes Given: 664

Sounds like a new fun way to make liberals cry. I've got a rifle, where do I sign up to shoot wolves?

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

orangello Likes This