Wolves leaving federal protection, Bears next PLEASE!!! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Wolves leaving federal protection, Bears next PLEASE!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2013, 01:34 PM   #11
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7464 Times on 3808 Posts
Likes Given: 8349

"I see what you are saying. But what do you do wipe out every creature that's dangerous to humans. In my opinion animals have the right to live as well as humans. Of Course in a situation were its a human or the animal then the animal would have to be destroyed."

Its live or die for one or the other. The 2 Dogies in your picture dont stand a chance against a pack of Yotes or a single Brown Bear.

"You can correlate that to what we did to Native Americans too, encroaching on their territory."

Not the same, Humans and Animals are not the same at all, we expect one to eat the other, Humans must win that battle regardless of the outcome for the Animals in question. Besides, in the 21st century, occupation is not 9/10ths of the law anymore. To own territory, you must pay taxes, animals dont pay taxes.

Old 04-27-2013, 01:41 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 677 Times on 442 Posts
Likes Given: 218

Quote:
Its live or die for one or the other. The 2 Dogies in your picture dont stand a chance against a pack of Yotes or a single Brown Bear.
Yes and i would have no hesatasion shooting somthing atacking the dogs. But i wouldint shoot everything that might atack my dogs just incase.

Old 04-27-2013, 01:46 PM   #13

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Some one setting in the middle of urban America on the east coast setting the rules for the real world. You don't know a Damn thing about Public Lands. What the hell do you imagine? The eastern mind set is wolves are under orders to stay on Public Lands.
This is not Lassie these are free roaming killers that kill for control of "Turf". Private lands in the West surround and are interspersed with Public Lands. The livestock industry is the back bone of the economy in many parts of the West. When the Feds crack down on fishing you low landers go nutts. But of course that is your income.
These animals are destroying big game herds and domestic live stock as well. They have to be controlled. The Grey Wolf is a non native species forced on the Western states by Enviro Greens.They have killed of the native wolves.
For you "Beach Bunnies" this is a small Wyoming wolf.

wyoming-wolf.jpg  
Old 04-27-2013, 01:50 PM   #14
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38
"I see what you are saying. But what do you do wipe out every creature that's dangerous to humans. In my opinion animals have the right to live as well as humans. Of Course in a situation were its a human or the animal then the animal would have to be destroyed."

"You can correlate that to what we did to Native Americans too, encroaching on their territory."

Not the same, Humans and Animals are not the same at all, we expect one to eat the other, Humans must win that battle regardless of the outcome for the Animals in question. Besides, in the 21st century, occupation is not 9/10ths of the law anymore. To own territory, you must pay taxes, animals dont pay taxes.
Sorry. Not what I meant but I agree with your point. More the fact that the more we encroach on native territory of any species, we can't freak out and just kill them all when they wander into our lives. I want to get closer the nature but I don't want to live in fear. Can't have it both ways. When they are a nuisance or a threat, fair game then.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

jackrich3 Likes This 
Old 04-27-2013, 01:53 PM   #15
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
Some one setting in the middle of urban America on the east coast setting the rules for the real world. You don't know a Damn thing about Public Lands. What the hell do you imagine? The eastern mind set is wolves are under orders to stay on Public Lands.
This is not Lassie these are free roaming killers that kill for control of "Turf". Private lands in the West surround and are interspersed with Public Lands. The livestock industry is the back bone of the economy in many parts of the West. When the Feds crack down on fishing you low landers go nutts. But of course that is your income.
These animals are destroying big game herds and domestic live stock as well. They have to be controlled. The Grey Wolf is a non native species forced on the Western states by Enviro Greens.They have killed of the native wolves.
Nice. Remember the first grey? wolf I saw in the UP of Michigan. Thing was absolutely huge standing on the side of the road. Majestic, but a killer considering how massive it was. Well fed on something.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Old 04-27-2013, 01:53 PM   #16
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7464 Times on 3808 Posts
Likes Given: 8349

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Yes and i would have no hesatasion shooting somthing atacking the dogs. But i wouldint shoot everything that might atack my dogs just incase.
Im guessing by the picture your in suburbia, probably dont have to worry much about non human predators from what your saying and that leads me to believe out of sight means out of mind for you. I live in a very rural area of New York, I cant afford a fence big enough to protect my property or its inhabitants from reintroduced species and they wont stay where they put them unless they are fish.

My friends and neighbors earn their livelihoods raising animals and crops, these critters must be proactively eliminated like corn borers and weevils otherwise the losses can effect the entire food chain including suburbia.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:58 PM   #17

Liked 1624 Times on 871 Posts
Likes Given: 2638

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
S
...For you "Beach Bunnies" this is a small Wyoming wolf.
Dang, that's a much bigger animal than I had pictured.

Old 04-27-2013, 05:46 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5737 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Obviously, i would fully support a bounty system to control these errant populations of animals who have forgotten their place in the food chain. They lost their "rights" to this land when we invaded and took it.

Since this is the U.S. that shouldn't affect the subjects in the U.K. too much.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

People Like This 
Old 04-27-2013, 06:05 PM   #19

Liked 357 Times on 238 Posts
Likes Given: 42

image-2440059761.jpg

Dammit moon moon!

Ain't no party like a Libertarian party

Old 04-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 158 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Wolves not a native species? Really? And cows are? You have a right to protect your goods on your private property. On public property, the public has the final say on what's to live or die. I have lived all over this country, on both coasts, but my sense of right and wrong never changed. But I do admit nothing beats western beef. There's just alot of big-time ranchers that are all hat and no land, that's all.