Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Wolves leaving federal protection, Bears next PLEASE!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default Wolves leaving federal protection, Bears next PLEASE!!!

It's about dang time! I hope this doesn't get snagged on wolf huggers or red tape.

http://news.yahoo.com/draft-rule-ends-protections-gray-wolves-174153574.html

Quote:
Federal wildlife officials have drafted plans to lift protections for gray wolves across the Lower 48 states, a move that could end a decades-long recovery effort that has restored the animals but only in parts of their historic range.
Maybe these people are finally realizing the error of their ways.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

notdku Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-26-2013, 09:18 PM   #2

Liked 204 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

You get a lot of Wolfs and Bears in Mississippi?? But I agree with lifting the ban on shooting Wolfs.

Jim

Last edited by bigjim; 04-26-2013 at 09:20 PM.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjim View Post
You get a lot of Wolfs and Bears in Mississippi?? But I agree with lifting the ban on shooting Wolfs.

Jim
One is too many; one live, free-ranging example of either, anyway.

There were a couple of black bear sightings in my county this deer season. Strangely, they haven't been seen since.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:53 PM   #4

Liked 374 Times on 248 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I have never seen a wild wolf in my life.

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 04-27-2013, 10:22 AM   #5
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5636 Times on 2786 Posts
Likes Given: 5992

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadPanda View Post
I have never seen a wild wolf in my life.
We have coyotes infesting the state but I still rarely see them, we hear them all the time! The only good Yote is a dead yote, same with Wolves. Bears are also starting to show up in less than deep woods areas of upstate, no love for them either,!

Way too many dorks seem to think Jurassic Park is a great Idea, I tend to think its not so good; if the arent behind bars or stuffed and put on the mantle, they arent going to do anything good for the neighborhood!
Old 04-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #6

Liked 359 Times on 254 Posts
Likes Given: 106

I would have no desire to shoot either. Unless defending livestock or myself. There is none here so its not a problem.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 132 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 136

Being a lifelong hunter, I still can't get my head around killing just for the sake of killing, whether it is trophy hunting or "canned" hunts, or shooting small yapping dogs. Granted, a coyote takes my cat or dog, I'd have no problem taking out the 'yote. When I suffered through living in NJ, people were freaking out because of a bear in their yard. Forget the fact they built there bigass house in the woods to be close to nature. There isn't a bear problem, it's a people problem. Now, in the case of a marauding bear or wolf, you do what you have to, to survive. But when you're grazing your cattle on public lands, you shouldn't come crying when a wolf takes a cow. It's called the cost of doing business at the public's expense. Killing for the sake of killing is just bad karma, IMO.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #8
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5636 Times on 2786 Posts
Likes Given: 5992

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
I would have no desire to shoot either. Unless defending livestock or myself. There is none here so its not a problem.
Thats disheartening to hear, there are no real Werewolves of London, they were just lies all of those years? Next your gonna tell me there's no Vampires in Transylvania!

Your lucky, my guess is the UK once had populations of these ferocious critters a very long time ago and they are now extinct in your neck of the woods for very good reason, they are Deadly to Humans, domestic herds and pets! The fact the US Government agencies are actually re-establishing these is as stupid as it gets! Its like reintroducing Small Pox just to keep natural selection alive.

Just because I dont see the 'Yotes doesnt mean they dont effect us; they eat puppies on dog runs, Kitties out for a stroll, newborn Calves, chickens and goats and carry diseases you dont want anyone to get in your household. Weve also seen a resurgence of Wild Cats in NY and California is rife with them. They seem to find chasing and chewing hikers easier than deer, who would have guessed that?

Lions and Tigers and Bears are predators, they live to kill and eat blood filled flesh; Humans and their critters are easy and available source's of protein, either they live and we die or the opposite, I choose human life over Predator death but thats just me...
Old 04-27-2013, 12:16 PM   #9

Liked 359 Times on 254 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Quote:
Lions and Tigers and Bears are predators, they live to kill and eat blood filled flesh; Humans and their critters are easy and available source's of protein, either they live and we die or the opposite, I choose human life over Predator death but thats just me...
I see what you are saying. But what do you do wipe out every creature that's dangerous to humans. In my opinion animals have the right to live as well as humans. Of Course in a situation were its a human or the animal then the animal would have to be destroyed.

Last edited by manta; 04-27-2013 at 12:19 PM.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #10
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackrich3
Being a lifelong hunter, I still can't get my head around killing just for the sake of killing, whether it is trophy hunting or "canned" hunts, or shooting small yapping dogs. Granted, a coyote takes my cat or dog, I'd have no problem taking out the 'yote. When I suffered through living in NJ, people were freaking out because of a bear in their yard. Forget the fact they built there bigass house in the woods to be close to nature. There isn't a bear problem, it's a people problem. Now, in the case of a marauding bear or wolf, you do what you have to, to survive. But when you're grazing your cattle on public lands, you shouldn't come crying when a wolf takes a cow. It's called the cost of doing business at the public's expense. Killing for the sake of killing is just bad karma, IMO.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackrich3
people were freaking out because of a bear in their yard. Forget the fact they built there bigass house in the woods to be close to nature. There isn't a bear problem, it's a people problem.
You can correlate that to what we did to Native Americans too, encroaching on their territory.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World