Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Wolves leaving federal protection, Bears next PLEASE!!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/wolves-leaving-federal-protection-bears-next-please-89637/)

orangello 04-26-2013 08:52 PM

Wolves leaving federal protection, Bears next PLEASE!!!
 
It's about dang time! I hope this doesn't get snagged on wolf huggers or red tape.

http://news.yahoo.com/draft-rule-ends-protections-gray-wolves-174153574.html

Quote:

Federal wildlife officials have drafted plans to lift protections for gray wolves across the Lower 48 states, a move that could end a decades-long recovery effort that has restored the animals but only in parts of their historic range.
Maybe these people are finally realizing the error of their ways.

bigjim 04-26-2013 09:18 PM

You get a lot of Wolfs and Bears in Mississippi?? But I agree with lifting the ban on shooting Wolfs.

Jim

orangello 04-26-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjim (Post 1228109)
You get a lot of Wolfs and Bears in Mississippi?? But I agree with lifting the ban on shooting Wolfs.

Jim

One is too many; one live, free-ranging example of either, anyway.

There were a couple of black bear sightings in my county this deer season. Strangely, they haven't been seen since.

TheSadPanda 04-26-2013 10:53 PM

I have never seen a wild wolf in my life.

WebleyFosbery38 04-27-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSadPanda (Post 1228205)
I have never seen a wild wolf in my life.

We have coyotes infesting the state but I still rarely see them, we hear them all the time! The only good Yote is a dead yote, same with Wolves. Bears are also starting to show up in less than deep woods areas of upstate, no love for them either,!

Way too many dorks seem to think Jurassic Park is a great Idea, I tend to think its not so good; if the arent behind bars or stuffed and put on the mantle, they arent going to do anything good for the neighborhood!

manta 04-27-2013 10:30 AM

I would have no desire to shoot either. Unless defending livestock or myself. There is none here so its not a problem.

jackrich3 04-27-2013 11:46 AM

Being a lifelong hunter, I still can't get my head around killing just for the sake of killing, whether it is trophy hunting or "canned" hunts, or shooting small yapping dogs. Granted, a coyote takes my cat or dog, I'd have no problem taking out the 'yote. When I suffered through living in NJ, people were freaking out because of a bear in their yard. Forget the fact they built there bigass house in the woods to be close to nature. There isn't a bear problem, it's a people problem. Now, in the case of a marauding bear or wolf, you do what you have to, to survive. But when you're grazing your cattle on public lands, you shouldn't come crying when a wolf takes a cow. It's called the cost of doing business at the public's expense. Killing for the sake of killing is just bad karma, IMO.

WebleyFosbery38 04-27-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manta (Post 1228653)
I would have no desire to shoot either. Unless defending livestock or myself. There is none here so its not a problem.

Thats disheartening to hear, there are no real Werewolves of London, they were just lies all of those years? Next your gonna tell me there's no Vampires in Transylvania!

Your lucky, my guess is the UK once had populations of these ferocious critters a very long time ago and they are now extinct in your neck of the woods for very good reason, they are Deadly to Humans, domestic herds and pets! The fact the US Government agencies are actually re-establishing these is as stupid as it gets! Its like reintroducing Small Pox just to keep natural selection alive.

Just because I dont see the 'Yotes doesnt mean they dont effect us; they eat puppies on dog runs, Kitties out for a stroll, newborn Calves, chickens and goats and carry diseases you dont want anyone to get in your household. Weve also seen a resurgence of Wild Cats in NY and California is rife with them. They seem to find chasing and chewing hikers easier than deer, who would have guessed that?

Lions and Tigers and Bears are predators, they live to kill and eat blood filled flesh; Humans and their critters are easy and available source's of protein, either they live and we die or the opposite, I choose human life over Predator death but thats just me...

manta 04-27-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Lions and Tigers and Bears are predators, they live to kill and eat blood filled flesh; Humans and their critters are easy and available source's of protein, either they live and we die or the opposite, I choose human life over Predator death but thats just me...
I see what you are saying. But what do you do wipe out every creature that's dangerous to humans. In my opinion animals have the right to live as well as humans. Of Course in a situation were its a human or the animal then the animal would have to be destroyed.

KJG67 04-27-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackrich3
Being a lifelong hunter, I still can't get my head around killing just for the sake of killing, whether it is trophy hunting or "canned" hunts, or shooting small yapping dogs. Granted, a coyote takes my cat or dog, I'd have no problem taking out the 'yote. When I suffered through living in NJ, people were freaking out because of a bear in their yard. Forget the fact they built there bigass house in the woods to be close to nature. There isn't a bear problem, it's a people problem. Now, in the case of a marauding bear or wolf, you do what you have to, to survive. But when you're grazing your cattle on public lands, you shouldn't come crying when a wolf takes a cow. It's called the cost of doing business at the public's expense. Killing for the sake of killing is just bad karma, IMO.

Agreed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackrich3
people were freaking out because of a bear in their yard. Forget the fact they built there bigass house in the woods to be close to nature. There isn't a bear problem, it's a people problem.

You can correlate that to what we did to Native Americans too, encroaching on their territory.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:32 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.