wisconsin racine/kenosha blizzard

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > wisconsin racine/kenosha blizzard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2011, 10:59 PM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5811 Times on 3033 Posts
Likes Given: 398

Default wisconsin racine/kenosha blizzard

well we are set upon. i scraped the drive of the previous 8 inches from today and last nite. im not looking forward to tomorrow. *sigh*

anyone else gonna have a fantabulous day tommorrow

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-02-2011, 01:44 AM   #2

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Hang in there!! Went to "A" school at Great Lakes NTC. It will get worse before it gets better. Wait till it melts to slush then freezes!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:41 AM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Well I can't imagine what that would be like. And I'm not intending to downplay what you guys must be going through atm - but a blizzard does sound kinda nice right now lol

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 02-02-2011, 02:57 AM   #4
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1960 Times on 1141 Posts
Likes Given: 4146

I was going to the range in the morning; no way, the wind will be ugly with temps in the single degree of 2 after wind chill.

We did not get that much snow in Albuquerque, NM. This is from local news station. It is in some places just ice! The drivers here do not make it easy either.

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- Albuquerque drivers said the roads were a nightmare on Tuesday after the city was pounded by a winter storm.

Police have responded to hundreds of car accidents, and they expect problems to get worse as the temperatures drop.

“I hit the brakes for the red light, I wasn’t going fast, and went right on through. So I turned around and went home,” driver Tony McLaughlin said.

On Tuesday evening, the conditions at Tramway Boulevard were treacherous. The road amounted to a sheet of ice.

City leaders are asking residents to stay home if they don’t need to drive.

At Second Street and Montano Road, one truck lost control, hit a car and eventually slammed into a building.

Blowing snow in the foothills reduced visibility to near zero.

City crews were out in full force to plow and sand the roadways. However, workers just can’t keep up.

“The problem is, with the current temperature and the winds that are coming through the canyon, it’s freezing within hours,” city official Mike Riordan said.

City leaders admit the storm is much worse than anticipated, and they have a message for whoever is daring enough to get behind the wheel.

“Stay off the roads,” Public Safety Director Darren White said.

Last edited by Bigcountry02; 02-02-2011 at 03:02 AM.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:00 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

here are some pics out my front door:

ill take some more tomorrow when its light out. been here ten years the last blizzard was 1999 the year before i moved here.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-02-2011, 04:06 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post
Well I can't imagine what that would be like. And I'm not intending to downplay what you guys must be going through atm - but a blizzard does sound kinda nice right now lol
prolly about the time this starts melting the spring storms will start and floods but i doubt no where as bad as whats going on in aussie land atm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
I was going to the range in the morning; no way, the wind will be ugly with temps in the single degree of 2 after wind chill.

We did not get that much snow in Albuquerque, NM. This is from local news station. It is in some places just ice! The drivers here do not make it easy either.

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- Albuquerque drivers said the roads were a nightmare on Tuesday after the city was pounded by a winter storm.

Police have responded to hundreds of car accidents, and they expect problems to get worse as the temperatures drop.

“I hit the brakes for the red light, I wasn’t going fast, and went right on through. So I turned around and went home,” driver Tony McLaughlin said.

On Tuesday evening, the conditions at Tramway Boulevard were treacherous. The road amounted to a sheet of ice.

At Second Street and Montano Road, one truck lost control, hit a car and eventually slammed into a building.

City crews were out in full force to plow and sand the roadways. However, workers just can’t keep up.

“The problem is, with the current temperature and the winds that are coming through the canyon, it’s freezing within hours,” city official Mike Riordan said.

City leaders admit the storm is much worse than anticipated, and they have a message for whoever is daring enough to get behind the wheel.

it can be far more disatrous for places that dont get snow all the time.

i had today and have tomorrow off due to the storm taking two vacation days. ill take some more pics tomorrow when i dig the wife's and my trucks out. looks like its going to be well over 2 feet of snow before its done.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:39 AM   #7
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7398 Times on 4448 Posts
Likes Given: 9162

I'm just a little south of you in Northern Illinois. It is FIERCE out there. I'm lucky to be off work tonight. I hate shoveling but it looks like that's what I'll be doing off and on tomorrow. I shovel a little, come in and rest, then shovel a little more until it's done. I'll post pictures tomorrow, too.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 02-02-2011 at 05:44 AM.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:42 AM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post

I've been watching those "and now what's happening in the rest of the world" segments on the TV news, and the footage of crazy multi-car pileups due to ice/snow has been jaw-dropping. Amazing how you can function with that to contend with.

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Last edited by zhuk; 02-02-2011 at 04:45 AM.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:59 AM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuk View Post
I've been watching those "and now what's happening in the rest of the world" segments on the TV news, and the footage of crazy multi-car pileups due to ice/snow has been jaw-dropping. Amazing how you can function with that to contend with.
My 4x4 chevy 1500 xcab has shift on the fly pushbutton 4wheel drive. Ill hit the ditch or median as needed to get out of the way of fools who think front wheel drive geo metros are snow cars. I keep snow rated tires on my truck year round. I don't drive it much in the non road salt months.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:50 AM   #10
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7398 Times on 4448 Posts
Likes Given: 9162

I'm listening to the radio and people have been stuck on the roads in their cars for 7 hours now.