Wire-Tap...GPS.... - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Wire-Tap...GPS....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

I have not read this book, but have heard katherine speak several times on radio. Trust me this lady has it together. The book is several years old now, so I'm sure there is more techie type things now.

It's one thing if you choose to believe your government or corparations will not misuse the technology, That is opinion. Denying that it exist, is not using your God given since.IMHO

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1595550208

Old 03-01-2012, 11:00 PM   #32

Liked 1727 Times on 1029 Posts
Likes Given: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Now then, research all you want. Chainfire.
I am not trying to pick a fight with you, but when the biggest part of a web site is talking about the mark of the beast, it loses my attention really quickly.

As far as the government injecting tracking devices into my skin, or my tires, against my will, I have more important things to worry about, like if a metorite is going to strike my gunrack and kill my Mosins.

Carl Sagan

Old 03-01-2012, 11:11 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

I am not trying to pick a fight with you, but when the biggest part of a web site is talking about the mark of the beast, it loses my attention really quickly.

As far as the government injecting tracking devices into my skin, or my tires, against my will, I have more important things to worry about, like if a metorite is going to strike my gunrack and kill my Mosins.
Chain, I know you're not picking a fight with me. Sorry if I was short. I will be more careful in the future about which website I pick with the info in it and how they may hijack my point with their own spin. You and I don't agree on much, but have found some ground we can share. I look forward to your views on topics we both find interest in. You are an important voice on this forum and in my opinion do the liberal argument a service.
Always best regards, ds

Old 03-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #34
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9080 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Interesting article on Rueters.

Court approves warrantless searches of cell phones

Wed, Feb 29 22:57 PM EST

By Terry Baynes

(Reuters) - Police can search a cell phone for its number without having a warrant, a federal appeals court ruled on Wednesday.

Officers in Indiana found a number of cell phones at the scene of a drug bust, and searched each phone for its telephone number. Having the numbers allowed the government to subpoena the owners' call histories, linking them to the drug-selling scheme.

One of the suspects, Abel Flores-Lopez, who was convicted and sentenced to 10 years in prison, argued on appeal that the police had no right to search the phone's contents without a warrant.

The U.S. Court of Appeal for the 7th Circuit rejected that argument, finding that the invasion of privacy was so slight that the police's actions did not violate the Fourth Amendment's ban on unreasonable searches.

The case gave the 7th Circuit an occasion to examine just how far police can go when it comes to searching electronic gadgets.

"Lurking behind this issue is the question whether and when a laptop or desktop computer, tablet, or other type of computer (whether called a 'computer' or not) can be searched without a warrant," Judge Richard Posner wrote for the three-judge panel.

He raised the example of the iCam, which allows someone to use a phone to connect to a home-computer web camera, enabling someone to search a house interior remotely.

"At the touch of a button, a cell phone search becomes a house search," he wrote.

Posner compared the cell phone to a diary. Just as police are entitled to open a pocket diary to copy an owner's address, they should be able to turn on a cell phone to learn its number, he wrote. But just as they're forbidden from examining love letters tucked between the pages of an address book, so are they forbidden from exploring letters in the files of a phone.

Prosecutors argued that in an age when people can wipe their cell phones clean remotely, officers are under pressure to obtain data before it is destroyed.

The court acknowledged that the actual risk that one of the suspects would have been able to destroy the phone's contents was minimal in this case. But so was the invasion of privacy, limited to telephone numbers.

The court left the question of just how far police can go in searching a phone's contents for another day.

A lawyer for Flores-Lopez was not immediately available for comment.

(Reporting By Terry Baynes)

Old 03-02-2012, 10:02 PM   #35

Liked 1727 Times on 1029 Posts
Likes Given: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Chain, I know you're not picking a fight with me. Sorry if I was short. I will be more careful in the future about which website I pick with the info in it and how they may hijack my point with their own spin. You and I don't agree on much, but have found some ground we can share. I look forward to your views on topics we both find interest in. You are an important voice on this forum and in my opinion do the liberal argument a service.
Always best regards, ds
Thank you sir. I always enjoy a conversation with you as well.

Carl Sagan

Old 03-03-2012, 01:21 PM   #36

Liked 130 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 246

I thought the police could go thew your cell-phone numbers in your phone all-along,if they arrest-you...........I didn't know it just past as law..........

Old 03-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

This seems related, especially the part about Alito's opinion as it relates to other technologies: http://news.yahoo.com/supreme-court-ruling-prompts-fbi-turn-off-3-154046722--abc-news.html

Old 03-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #38

Liked 130 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 246

The Suns Solar-Rays are going to mess-up things today ...So they say........

Old 03-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #39

Federal court rules cell phones not covered under 4th amenment.

http://personalliberty.com/2012/03/08/judge-4th-amendment-does-not-extend-to-cellphones/?eiid=