Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Wines (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/wines-89104/)

BeyondTheBox 04-19-2013 01:30 AM

Wines

Not usually a man's drink of choice, nor this one's, but occasionally I like to crack a bottle, decanter and get red faced.

Thought I'd start a thread to share personal favorites and hopefully get some ideas for new ones. Here are a few of mine...

- Columbia Winery Cellarmasters Reisling
- Chateau St. Michelle Harvest Select Reisling
-*Rogue Late Harvest Reisling
- Scarborough Sauvignon Blanc

I'm fairly fortunate to be blessed with location when it comes to both beer and wine. The Northwest is rich in both regards and I actually live in the heart of wine country! Love it!

MisterMcCool 04-19-2013 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox
Not usually a man's drink...

I wouldn't say that. But, not usually a poor man's drink. Rich guys drink wine. Us commoners drink beer.

Jake86 04-19-2013 01:47 AM

I only drink wine at my grandfather's. He used to make it back when he could get around better.

BeyondTheBox 04-19-2013 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterMcCool (Post 1218743)
I wouldn't say that. But, not usually a poor man's drink. Rich guys drink wine. Us commoners drink beer.

I don't know, a good wine costs me no more than 15-20 a bottle and gets me more effedup than an 18 pack for same price range and is much less filling! Also tastes better with a juicy ribeye!

MisterMcCool 04-19-2013 01:54 AM

Steak and $20 wine?! Silver spoons. ;)

TimKS 04-19-2013 02:01 AM

You don't need expensive wines to have good wines. I like a dry or semi-dry wine. I usually opt for a Merlot, and an Aussy wine like Yellowtail is one of my favorites at $6 per bottle. I've even found some good "two buck Chuck" every once in a while.

If I want cheap I'll go for Carlo Rossi Burgundy @ $11 per gallon. It's a good one for that required 'one glass of wine per day' for heart health. ;)

boatme98 04-19-2013 02:11 AM

Sorry. Real men drink Red.
Tuscans, Riojas, Margaux, Nero De Alvo, others.
Never apologise for drinking wine!
It's the gods gift to men. What else would we do with all those frikken grapes? Eat them?

BeyondTheBox 04-19-2013 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boatme98 (Post 1218794)
Sorry. Real men drink Red.
Tuscans, Riojas, Margaux, Nero De Alvo, others.
Never apologise for drinking wine!
It's the gods gift to men. What else would we do with all those frikken grapes? Eat them?

I'm not anti-red, I just don't like many at all. But if you have any specific ones you recommend I'd be willing to try some. I'm always looking for something new to drink or eat.

Jake86 04-19-2013 06:27 AM

A little Chianti with my some of my Nonna's cooking. fantastico!

dango 04-19-2013 03:29 PM

Wines...? :confused: Piss and moan ,piss and moan , woe is me , bla ,bla ,bla...!
Never mind ...! :confused: eeeek..!

MD 20/20 Mmmm.! :D

^^___Just remember , focus on the (middle)one..! :confused: