This will start trouble, for sure - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

This will start trouble, for sure

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2009, 10:34 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

At Bozo’s Used Car Lot there are four cars in a row. Each has a different “Guaranteed Mileage” on the odometer. From the clues given, work out the exact mileage shown on each car’s odometer, and find the values for A through T. In no particular order, the cars are an Audi, a Fiat, a Ford, and a Volvo. They are green, red, black, and blue, also not in any order. From left to right the cars are numbered 1 through 4.

Clues…
1. Each of the digits 0 to 9 appears twice, while no car’s mileage contains a repeated digit, and no two digits appear in the same position on two different odometers.
2. Car 2 has done less than 30,000 miles. None of the cars has gone 50,000 miles.
3. The first number on the odometer of car 3 is two lower than the one in the same position on car 1, whose odometer also displays an 8.
4. The blue car, which is next to the Fiat, has the most mileage on its odometer, while the red car’s second digit on the odometer is a 9.
5. The third digit on the display of car 2 is the same as the last digit on the display of car 4.
6. One zero is the third figure on one odometer, and the other zero is in the last position, but not on an adjacent vehicle.
7. The fourth number on the odometer on car 1 is a 4.
8. The last three figures on the odometer of the black Volvo are 735.
9. There is no 7 displayed on the Audi’s odometer, the last digit of which is a 1.
10. The digits 65 appear in that order, consecutively, on one odometer. The digits 98 appear in that order, consecutively, and are in the same relative position on another odometer.

Give me the mileage of each car in order from left to right.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:10 AM   #42

Liked 102 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 109

.....wow.....

Old 05-27-2009, 12:06 PM   #43

Liked 1443 Times on 812 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
At Bozo’s Used Car Lot there are four cars in a row. Each has a different “Guaranteed Mileage” on the odometer. From the clues given, work out the exact mileage shown on each car’s odometer, and find the values for A through T. In no particular order, the cars are an Audi, a Fiat, a Ford, and a Volvo. They are green, red, black, and blue, also not in any order. From left to right the cars are numbered 1 through 4.

Clues…
1. Each of the digits 0 to 9 appears twice, while no car’s mileage contains a repeated digit, and no two digits appear in the same position on two different odometers.
2. Car 2 has done less than 30,000 miles. None of the cars has gone 50,000 miles.
3. The first number on the odometer of car 3 is two lower than the one in the same position on car 1, whose odometer also displays an 8.
4. The blue car, which is next to the Fiat, has the most mileage on its odometer, while the red car’s second digit on the odometer is a 9.
5. The third digit on the display of car 2 is the same as the last digit on the display of car 4.
6. One zero is the third figure on one odometer, and the other zero is in the last position, but not on an adjacent vehicle.
9. There is no 7 displayed on the Audi’s odometer, the last digit of which is a 1.
10. The digits 65 appear in that order, consecutively, on one odometer. The digits 98 appear in that order, consecutively, and are in the same relative position on another odometer.
??????? I have a headache.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 05-27-2009, 02:14 PM   #44

Liked 1415 Times on 837 Posts
Likes Given: 437

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post

Clues…

Can you post or PM me the answer. I keep coming up with an impossible answer, wanna figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I'm getting (highlight to see)38041, 2_735, 198_0, 465_7 but this can't be because it leaves 269 to be used but they don't fit properly.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:23 PM   #45

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3486 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Here you go big brains. Have a blast....

Mensa testing

I'll have to stick with my membership to the Unusually Large Penis club as being a member of Mensa is actually a double gift from the Gods and I dare not push their ire any further.

JD

Old 05-27-2009, 02:33 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidFlashGordon View Post
Newton's Third Law states that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. I would postulate (there's my 50˘ word usage for the day) that if you fired a weapon in space, assuming you're not braced against anything or tethered to anything, you'd be propelled backwards with the same force that propelled the bullet forward.

Newton's First Law states that an object at rest tends to stay at rest and that an object in uniform motion tends to stay in uniform motion unless acted upon by a net external force. So inertia would be nearly nonexistent in the vacuum of space because the only thing to act on the movement of the bullet would be the gravitational forces of the solar system in particular and the galaxy in total. Atmospheric drag wouldn't come into play in space. (In space, no one can hear you fart, let alone scream)

The gravitational "pull" of an object depends upon its mass (not weight). Therefore, I'd think (already used postulate today) that the 230 gr would have a larger, albeit by a very small margin, gravitational pull than the 185 gr.
...and I believe your third point negates your first point. Because of the mass of a person with a gun vs. a bullet, the rapid expanding gases wouldn't push at as much of a rate as it would a small bullet. I'm not saying it wouldn't push you back at all, but it certainly wouldn't be as fast as the bullet.

Tri-State Tactical
1010 N. Louise St.
Atlanta, Texas 75551
430-342-3376

http://www.3tactical.com