Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > THIS will change when I'm in charge!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2008, 04:41 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Children will be tested to determine the areas in which they excel, and that shall become the focus of their education. The kid who shows a love for science will recieve advanced courses and career guidance in that area, as opposed to trying to make a kid with no artistic talent into an artist in the art class he hates.

Next up: Fairness Doctrine.
quick ? about your policy. what if they dont like the area of study they excel at? im mean just because your good at science, doesnt mean they want to be scientist. if you make them do something they dont care for they wont do their job good. just mho

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 12-19-2008, 01:56 PM   #42

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

As a kid, I loved history. To me, history class was fun. Sadly, it was glossed over, because we had to cover 7 other classes that I had no interest in.

Children tend to enjoy what they're good at. My policy is essentially forcing a guidance counselor to do something besides drink coffee. If the kid is good at science, enjoys science, can imagine a job where he can do what he enjoys and get paid for it, then a guidance counselor needs to be looking into what it will take to make that kid a great scientist.

I hated Algebra, have walked this planet a long time, and have yet to use it. Had I a passion for Algebra, I think I'd want a career where I could use what I love in a practical application. The time I wasted with it could have been better spent in pursuit of things that could have been useful to me in my chosen endeavors.

Introduce the kid to everything in the first year, let them gravitate toward something, have teachers who can offer more than the rudiments, and all of society could benefit.

Old 12-19-2008, 02:11 PM   #43

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I hated Math too, it wasn't until I was in my late teens that I developed an interest due to the electronics field that fascinated me. Lucky for me I was also interested in the sciences and for that, math was required. So in struggling through that, I prepared myself for studies through Calculus in College,the military, and my Career. The key to education is to make learning interesting and fun. Cool projects, real world problem solving and interactive learning is best.

People get the government they deserve.