Wild West assault rifle - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Wild West assault rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 02:14 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 742 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
all you need is a black Kevlar cowboy hat with bullets in the band!
lol...thats funny...

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Old 04-06-2013, 02:20 AM   #22

Liked 742 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I just can't bring myself to like that Mossy though. I do have a few lever guns. A couple are in .44 mag and one 30/30 (all Marlins), a reproduction Winchester .38/55 and my most recent acquisition is an original 1886 Winchester in 45-70 Government. Bought that and two .22 rifles all for $200. She wouldn't take a penny more, even though I offered it.

Wyatt Earp had a 10 gauge lever action shotgun that he carried on foot patrol in Tombstone. A couple of years ago my sons and I had the pleasure of getting our pictures taken holding his shotgun when we were in Tombstone. The owners of the Tombstone Museum gave us a private tour and showed us many items that were not on display, this shotgun being one of them.
That is so cool...for some reason i am fascinated with the wild west era of American history. I read all i can about the people, guns, etc from that time period, but have never been to any of the significant places..

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Old 04-06-2013, 02:43 AM   #23

Liked 30 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl
It does have a flash suppressor, doesn't that make it "super dangerous"...?
Flash suppressors allow the use of baby seeking bullets (commonly used in ARglock47s) and create 800% more satanic purposes . have fun!!!

Old 04-06-2013, 06:05 AM   #24

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

You really have to question the folks at the Tombstone museum? Wyatt left there after the "Vendetta" in 1882. After being an Idaho lawman and "The Dodge City" war he moved to California.
In 1887 Wyatt Earp was operating three popular saloons in San Francisco. How could he have been carrying a Winchester Mdl. 1887 10 Ga. Lever action in Tombstone? Tourist Traps make a living fooling the public.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:27 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1035 Times on 470 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
You really have to question the folks at the Tombstone museum? Wyatt left there after the "Vendetta" in 1882. After being an Idaho lawman and "The Dodge City" war he moved to California.
In 1887 Wyatt Earp was operating three popular saloons in San Francisco. How could he have been carrying a Winchester Mdl. 1887 10 Ga. Lever action in Tombstone? Tourist Traps make a living fooling the public.
Now that's a good point right there!
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Old 04-06-2013, 08:38 AM   #26

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post
Is this considered an "ASSAULT" rifle, 5 + 1, no pistol grip...? Think Wyatt Earp had one..?
It's black and we all know that black rifles cause good people to go mad with the desire to kill nuns holding refugee babies. And I'll be willing to wager you have high capacity pocket mags to hold untold nuclear powered cop seeking baby killer bullets. That's right, we all know that these killer bullets will kill cops when they are still babies!!

I just hope you are happy with yourself. Sure it will start of slow. Only killing deer wearing leather jackets that talk back to their mothers. But the blood-lust will know no bounds and soon you will be on the corner looking for learning impaired six toed does to make new victims of. Do you feel good about yourself now six toe doe killer?!?!?!?!
..HMM..Six Toe Doe..That be an AWESOME band name. Like maybe Six Toe Doe and the Five Mile Smile band. I'd go see em..

..Oh.And you have an evil rifle...

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by DrumJunkie; 04-06-2013 at 08:39 AM. Reason: I had WAY too much fun with this post :)

Old 04-06-2013, 04:25 PM   #27
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8453 Times on 4897 Posts
Likes Given: 11020

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
It was several years ago. He may not have claimed that Earp carried it on foot patrol. I am going off of my memory which is not so good. As I recall (again with a faulty memory) it was expected to bring over $75K.

We were there several years ago when we were RVing all over the south with the kids, schooling on the road. It gave us many opportunities that we would not have had otherwise. The Tombstone Museum was closed on the day we went there but when they saw us peering through the window they let us in and gave us the tour. We were there most of the day, with both of them available to answer any questions we had. Very informal. They even refused the regular "donation" to tour the museum. It was in many ways typical of the many encounters we had with other people along the way who were intrigued by home-schooling.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #28

Liked 931 Times on 496 Posts
Likes Given: 680

I love lever actions myself. Killed my 1st deer with one, 1st buck with one and several others through the years. Fun guns to shoot. My fav is the savage 99 in .308 on the far left. Gave it as a X-Mas gift to one of my sons this past X=Mas.

USMC 74-78

readygirl Likes This 
Old 04-06-2013, 10:27 PM   #29
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8453 Times on 4897 Posts
Likes Given: 11020

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbkiller View Post
I love lever actions myself. Killed my 1st deer with one, 1st buck with one and several others through the years. Fun guns to shoot. My fav is the savage 99 in .308 on the far left. Gave it as a X-Mas gift to one of my sons this past X=Mas.

Whoever built that fence did a right good job. Looks pretty sturdy!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:17 AM   #30

Liked 2021 Times on 1291 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Well, it IS black.

Btw, a friend of mine is starting to worry. He thinks a congress person will soon declare his p···· An assault weapon.