Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   wild life acting.... wild? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/wild-life-acting-wild-49674/)

trip286 10-11-2011 06:33 PM

wild life acting.... wild?

I saw this and thought it was just crazy. It's away from the regular gun topics, unless you plan on hunting red hartebeests in Africa. In that case I would take this as a warning.

Amazing footage shows mountain biker ambushed by African antelope

texaswoodworker 10-11-2011 06:40 PM

I guess it's not just American deer/antelope that like running in front of/into fast moving things. :D That looked like it hurt like hell.

trip286 10-11-2011 06:48 PM

It seems like antlered animals are a hazard everywhere. Ask my wife's car!

762 10-11-2011 07:18 PM

i saw that this morning on the news. crazy stuff there. i cant belive he didnt get hurt. stuff like that makes me wanna wear a helmet when i'm out in the woods.

texaswoodworker 10-11-2011 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 599218)

I think I read/heard somewhere that deer are concidered the deadliest animals in America because of the number of deaths due to car accidents they cause each year. They are really bad about running out into the roads around here.

orangello 10-11-2011 07:47 PM

Aggressive jaywalkers suuuuuuuck!

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 599218)

When i taught night classes up your way, i had one student who had hit about seven deer, most all of them on the road his house is on. I think it was closer to Olive Branch than Hernando. Dude had a very impressive "brush guard" on his pickup, lesson learned.

762 10-11-2011 08:01 PM

i work in insurance claims. yes, deer SUCK. my buddy had a relative get decapatated when one went through her windshield

trip286 10-11-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 762 (Post 599294)
i work in insurance claims. yes, deer SUCK. my buddy had a relative get decapatated when one went through her windshield

Amazingly, that happens much more often than people would expect. I've known a few that has happened to myself. And one of them happened less than a mile from where my wife hit a deer about 2 weeks ago.

orangello 10-11-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 599310)
Amazingly, that happens much more often than people would expect. I've known a few that has happened to myself. And one of them happened less than a mile from where my wife hit a deer about 2 weeks ago.

Just north of Senatobia but south of Coldwater, there was a lil auto body repair place. The owner was a nice guy, commented that the bean field just south of him brought him lots of business. AFAIK, he didn't own or plant that field.

trip286 10-11-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello (Post 599317)
Just north of Senatobia but south of Coldwater, there was a lil auto body repair place. The owner was a nice guy, commented that the bean field just south of him brought him lots of business. AFAIK, he didn't own or plant that field.

I know exactly where your talking about. I've been behind a pickup when they hit a deer right there.