You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2015, 06:38 PM   #1
Proud to be an American
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 1201 Times on 566 Posts
Likes Given: 643

Default wifi

Over the past year my wife has complained that her computer (desk top) has been running slow and some videos would not play, particularly on FB and other social media. I did disk cleanup, defrag and checked for malware, viruses etc. loaded win. 10 all to no avail. She was talking about buying a new computer so I decided to have another look at it. Turns out even though it has a fast cable connection somehow the wifi app. had been turned on. After shutting off the wifi her computer is running fine again. I wonder how may other folks have the same situation and never figure it out?

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
dango Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-03-2015, 07:07 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 5207 Times on 3489 Posts
Likes Given: 2654

Yes, if the wifi is set up to connect automatically. The auto-connect can be disabled by unchecking the box in the wireless settings.
dango Likes This