Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Wife's stop by a patrolman

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2014, 04:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Default Wife's stop by a patrolman

So my wife got a speeding ticket today and the officer was very disrespectful. So my wife is on her way home back to her hometown taking her father's ashes home so they can plan the service that we are going to have to pay for. Our 3 children are with her ages 4months, one that just turned 4, and another turning 3 next week. The 3 year old says she has to go potty, my wife speeds up because the town is about 5 miles away and when a 3 year old says she has to pee you only have minutes.

So the Trooper pulls her over, when he gets up to the car she is already crying because this is one more thing to add to her plate. He asks where she's going so she tells him about my daughter and then about her father (the box of his ashes are in the passenger seat). He just laughs at her and says "Yeah okay, give me your license and registration." Then makes her set there for 20 minutes while he's setting in his car. He gives her a ticket, my daughter didn't make it to the bathroom in time. He had no empathy at all.

I was just a little upset after everything she has went through in the past week this happens.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-08-2014, 04:17 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6100 Times on 3346 Posts
Likes Given: 11721

Twenty minutes seems reasonable.

no offense and none taken

Old 03-08-2014, 04:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
Twenty minutes seems reasonable.

no offense and none taken
Not when your 3 year old has to use the bathroom.

Old 03-08-2014, 04:20 PM   #4

Liked 561 Times on 371 Posts

That sucks. Sometimes police officers seem like they don't use common sense but it's a tough job I'm sure

Old 03-08-2014, 04:23 PM   #5

Yeah but I mean treat people with some decency. Laughing at her when she says she's taking her father's ashes home what an ass.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Firearms Talk mobile app

Old 03-08-2014, 04:23 PM   #6
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20053 Times on 11406 Posts
Likes Given: 50592

well he may have shown no sympathy, but hardly did he do anything that might be viewed as disrespectful. unfortuantely being a jerk, even by a LEO isn't against the law.

i think given the circumstances he should have shown some compassion, but he wasn't required to.

dango Likes This 
Old 03-08-2014, 04:55 PM   #7
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 1028 Times on 726 Posts
Likes Given: 157

Default Wife's stop by a patrolman

And the "yeah okay" is given more times then you know, the old "have to go to the bathroom" it's a common "get out of a ticket" that we hear way too often

Old 03-08-2014, 05:10 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2541 Times on 1486 Posts
Likes Given: 1401

The officer seems to have been more indifferent than downright malicious in this situation. Like G30USMC said, I've seen the old "I havta pee" routine on Cops more than once.

It's unfortunate that your daughter couldn't make it to the bathroom and that your wife is in the midst of a stressful time in her life, these are all parts of life and we just have to move on. Try to be the anchor for your wife & family at the time, letting your wife vent about the situation is priceless, now help her to leave it behind, she has other important matters to attend to.

Just one man's opinion, but you did ask.

Our condolences to you and yours during this time, I pray for peace for you all.

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

People Like This 
Old 03-08-2014, 05:15 PM   #9

Well just because he is a police officer he is not above anyone else. But yet we see that way to often now a days with our law enforcement. And how do you not view that as disrespectful? If someone says their father just passed away and you laugh I think that is pretty disrespectful.

And the bathroom subject He could of followed her to the gas station let my daughter use the bathroom and then gave her a ticket. They were almost there. That's what's wrong with our country now a days people aren't nice to each other because as Axe said they "aren't required to".

Sent from my SM-N900V using Firearms Talk mobile app

Last edited by BullseyePrecision; 03-08-2014 at 05:17 PM.

Old 03-08-2014, 05:19 PM   #10
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6762 Times on 4086 Posts
Likes Given: 8096

I am so sorry your wife had a bad experience with an officer among everything else she's dealing with. I guess I'm fortunate that I can't recall ever having a cop stop me that wasn't polite.

locutus Likes This 
Closed Thread