Wife says no to purchasing AR-15 - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Wife says no to purchasing AR-15

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 12:41 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 713 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I can't believe you posted a private picture of your wife like that here on the open forum of FTF.
No worries... That's not a bad photo and I told her I was posting it. I've got several more that I wouldn't ever post.
You should see the one I made into a Christmas card and sent to her brother.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 07-01-2013, 12:44 AM   #62

Liked 713 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graniteman View Post
Court i have to say your not a very smart man.
But happy. That's what count to me.
You do whatever makes you happy and gets you what you want man.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Mason609 Likes This 
Old 07-01-2013, 12:45 AM   #63

Liked 742 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Here's the deal, she must not be completely against the idea of you owning guns, and assuming she is not a dips**t, it should be simple. Ask her what specifically she does not like about an AR. Is it the color, the shape,etc. Or has she been convinced by the lefties that it's got voodoo power, and will escape from the gun safe, and go kill somebody all by itself......? Make an effort to patiently understand her concerns. Chances are, at some point during your conversation, she will discover that she is not being reasonable....

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

People Like This 
Old 07-01-2013, 12:45 AM   #64

Liked 18 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter
LOL, she finds out he posted THAT, he won't be married long! Although it's probably not his wife. He did say "pictures LIKE that"

Is it just me or are most of the people here saying stuff like "it's my way or the highway" divorced? They mention it themselves.
Lol yeah if you want to be married for more than a week then telling the wife "I'll do whatever I want" really is not going to cut it. Oh and trust me its much easier for her to find a new man than it is for you to find as good a women.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:50 AM   #65

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Wow, why are y'all so judgemental about what CJ posted???

You see more scantily clad women at the gym or beach...

Lighten up people...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
People Like This 
Old 07-01-2013, 12:50 AM   #66

Liked 742 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Or, if she looks like Jesters wife,,,,just do what she says........

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

People Like This 
Old 07-01-2013, 12:51 AM   #67

Liked 1043 Times on 695 Posts
Likes Given: 682

So true Graniteman

Quote:
Chances are, at some point during your conversation, she will discover that she is not being reasonable....
From what I've heard and experienced, that is not true. The sky is red, end of story. Although there is always an exception.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:53 AM   #68

Liked 1917 Times on 1066 Posts
Likes Given: 1269

My wife sent me a picture of her cleavage one time. I would never show it to anyone. Things like that should be private.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 07-01-2013, 12:58 AM   #69

Liked 1043 Times on 695 Posts
Likes Given: 682

My wife gave me an "interesting" photo of her for our anniversary last year. I hung it in my workshop, and asked how private I should keep it. It's actually pretty mild, and she said don't worry about it. For my birthday, she gave me another one. Although you can see more at the beach, this one gets covered up for most people. I have only shown it to one of my buddies, who I've known for a long time. And even then mostly because she's holding a gun in the photo, and he's into guns, too. BUT, I would NEVER post it here.

Old 07-01-2013, 01:00 AM   #70
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21919 Times on 12384 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graniteman View Post
Lol yeah if you want to be married for more than a week then telling the wife "I'll do whatever I want" really is not going to cut it. Oh and trust me its much easier for her to find a new man than it is for you to find as good a women.
Graniteman, a marriage is about equality. any partner within the marriage shouldn't have to sk the other for permission to do something or to buy something. and i am not in any way infering sneaking aroundand hiding things. any firearm i buy, usually comes out a "slush fund" for such things, and not the money to pay bills, the house payment or expenses and groceries. my wife knows when i am going to buy and at no point do ever hide it from her and she knows where the money came from. i don't keep secrets from my wife, but i don't ask her permission either, and that works both ways, because my wife is an adult and i am not her parent and she doesn't need my permission. we treat each others as equals. our marriage is based on trust, honesty, communication and comprimise. when i married her, i wanted a wife, not a mother.

i think this part of the message that you seem to be missing that others have been trying to tell you. there have been some candid remarks and some humorous, and quite a few that i thought had some pretty good advice in them. what you decide to do or not do is up to you, but remember you did put this out there on an open forum. so not all replies are going to be what you might expect. some of us just call things the way we see them and it's not about beng mean spirited by any stretch.

good luck and i hope you figure out what you want or need to do.
Closed Thread