Wife says no to purchasing AR-15 - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Wife says no to purchasing AR-15

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2013, 10:36 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester View Post
You're a grown azz man. If your bills are paid, you work for your money, and you have the extra money to spare, just go get one. She's you're wife, not your mother.
Trust me, she'll get over it. And if she's so controlling that she doesn't, you'll be better off without her anyway.
The way I heard it, "a mans home is his castle", "mans best friend is his dog" it doesn't say "when man comes home he does what he is told".

Old 06-30-2013, 11:58 PM   #52

Liked 843 Times on 466 Posts
Likes Given: 1744

Default Really...???? Dump the wife ????

HEY... all you chest-beating gorillas!!!...He asked about his wife objecting to his AR purchase... NOT ending his marriage!! Especially over something THIS trivial.

Marriage is a partnership...NOT a disposable lighter!!
People Like This 
Old 07-01-2013, 12:23 AM   #53

Liked 875 Times on 471 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760
HEY... all you chest-beating gorillas!!!...He asked about his wife objecting to his AR purchase... NOT ending his marriage!! Especially over something THIS trivial.

Marriage is a partnership...NOT a disposable lighter!!
It's not chest beating all. It's a simple coaching on how to improve one's life to ensure future satisfaction.
My first wife "wouldn't let" me get a motorcycle or more guns. My current wife has been stellar for 13 years and doesn't like but accepts that I like guns and sport bikes. And I've collected a lot of both over the years.
She also checks my work calendar and sends me pictures like this while I'm in meetings but will soon be free for an hour or so for "lunch" while the kids are at school

image-2271192185.jpg

A partnership is her accepting what I enjoy and me accepting what she enjoys. Replacement is always an option and both sides should accept and sometimes embrace it.
Trust me, it all gets better.

Last edited by CourtJester; 07-01-2013 at 12:27 AM.
People Like This 
Old 07-01-2013, 12:28 AM   #54
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8759 Times on 5234 Posts
Likes Given: 11612

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester View Post
It's not chest beating all. It's a simple coaching on how to improve one's life to ensure future satisfaction.
My first wife "wouldn't let" me get a motorcycle or more guns. My current wife has been stellar for 13 years and doesn't like but accepts that I like guns and sport bikes. And I've collected a lot of both over the years.
She also checks my work calendar and sends me pictures like this while I'm in meetings but will soon be free for an hour or so for "lunch" while the kids are at school

Attachment 108330

A partnership is her accepting what I enjoy and me accepting what she enjoys. Replacement is always an option and both sides should accept and sometimes embrace it.
I can't believe you posted a private picture of your wife like that here on the open forum of FTF.
People Like This 
Old 07-01-2013, 12:32 AM   #55

Liked 18 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester

You're a grown azz man. If your bills are paid, you work for your money, and you have the extra money to spare, just go get one. She's you're wife, not your mother.
Trust me, she'll get over it. And if she's so controlling that she doesn't, you'll be better off without her anyway.
You are obviously not married
Rick1967 Likes This 
Old 07-01-2013, 12:33 AM   #56

Liked 562 Times on 371 Posts

I don't see a ring on her finger Jester!!!!!

Old 07-01-2013, 12:35 AM   #57

Liked 3248 Times on 1941 Posts
Likes Given: 2347

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak View Post
I don't see a ring on her finger Jester!!!!!
maybe that pic was fer somebody else? lmao!

j/k no disrespect...but when you post pics like that.....
Anna_Purna Likes This 
Old 07-01-2013, 12:37 AM   #58

Liked 18 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester

Court i have to say your not a very smart man.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:39 AM   #59

Liked 3248 Times on 1941 Posts
Likes Given: 2347

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graniteman View Post
You are obviously not married
i am! and happily!

listen to me bro.....MINI 14! it is a nice varmit hunting gun...innocent and sweet with its wood stock.....yer wife'll never see it coming....
racer_x Likes This 
Old 07-01-2013, 12:41 AM   #60

Liked 1336 Times on 895 Posts
Likes Given: 857

LOL, she finds out he posted THAT, he won't be married long! Although it's probably not his wife. He did say "pictures LIKE that"

Is it just me or are most of the people here saying stuff like "it's my way or the highway" divorced? They mention it themselves.

Closed Thread