Wife says no to purchasing AR-15 - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Wife says no to purchasing AR-15

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2013, 07:22 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2304 Times on 1353 Posts
Likes Given: 508

My wife was not super comfortable around guns early on. I took her out shooting .22 pistols first, then she got a Beretta .380.
Then she started shooting my Ruger 10/22 and figured out that hits are easier with a rifle. I got my AR and she didn't like the noise and didnt want to shoot it. But she had wanted me to take one of her girlfriends out to the range because she was interested in getting a gun but was really unfamiliar with guns. I took several pistols and my AR. I did the same approach, starting with .22 pistol and rifle then worked through the .380, .38 Special and 9mm. She didn't like my .45 but liked the 9mms and my AR, and she convinced my wife to go ahead and try the AR. Then my wife decided she wanted me to build her one.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:47 PM   #42

Liked 944 Times on 503 Posts
Likes Given: 692

I may be a little different as I have never at one time in my life asked a woman what I could do,get or go. I could care less what they say. I won't purchase something unless I have the money for it. That being said I have always been into guns, hunting, and fishing. If I want it I get it period. They know where the door is. Same goes for her. She gets what she wants if the money is there. She doesn't ask and neither do I. We are way to independent for that. If she tried to tell me that crap I'd be gone the next day.

USMC 74-78

People Like This 
Old 06-30-2013, 07:50 PM   #43

Liked 54 Times on 43 Posts

My wife is the type that knows if she doesn't ask me any questions about my guns, I won't tell her any lies.
She doesn't agree with them, thinks I waste my money on them, doesn't go shooting but someone shady nearby and she is asking me if I am carrying one!
Her concerns are safe storage, my proficiency in using them safely, and no money can be spent out of our joint account. Once I addressed those issues, I had no more complaints.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #44

Liked 1045 Times on 697 Posts
Likes Given: 683

Quote:
My wife is the type that knows if she doesn't ask me any questions about my guns, I won't tell her any lies.
She doesn't agree with them, thinks I waste my money on them, doesn't go shooting but someone shady nearby and she is asking me if I am carrying one!
Her concerns are safe storage, my proficiency in using them safely, and no money can be spent out of our joint account. Once I addressed those issues, I had no more complaints.
This is extremely similar to my situation. The one difference is that my wife doesn't ask me if I'm carrying. Until yesterday. We were getting ready to go somewhere, and she looks at me and asks me if I'm carrying. "Ummm, no.....why-what?" Out of the blue, just a question, and then dropped. Strangest thing.....

Old 06-30-2013, 08:42 PM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6751 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
There are guns in every gun store, sporting goods store, and pawn shop. But a good woman...a truly good woman... is hard to find.
Same can be said for any man
Old 06-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #46

Liked 1045 Times on 697 Posts
Likes Given: 683

And one thing is for sure, a gun won't keep you warm at night.....or cook you breakfast in the morning.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #47

Liked 3053 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 2077

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
Same can be said for any man
so true! in fact, i constantly remind my wife how lucky she is!
Old 06-30-2013, 08:58 PM   #48
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6751 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
so true! in fact, i constantly remind my wife how lucky she is!
I luv-it!

but actions speak louder than words!

Graniteman, does your wife shoot? If not, take her out on a date and go shoot some 22 rifles.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #49

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr1943 View Post
It is NOT an assault rifle, it is a Modern Sport Rifle with great flexibility and utility. The lame stream media have tainted the rifle with unfounded gore and violence. She needs to read the recent report from The Bureau of Statistics regarding gun violence (covers about last 20+ years). Rifles of ALL kinds make up far less than 1% of gun violence. Their use seems to be the "choice" of mentally unstable folks. Over the period covered by the report, gun violence has actually decreased by 39%. An interesting read - really exposes the anti-people's portrayal of guns and violence.

The dollar for dollar thing is really common among us! I used to do it until I got my wife to the range. She now love target shooting and she has a carry permit. (she's way better a shot than I am now!!)
Bingo!

Given the monumental disparity between US handgun shootings VS US rifle shootings... It's quite likely your little LCR's model has already exceeded the AR platform regarding thr number of shootings each model has been involved in.

...and it's an absolute certainty that the .380 cartridge has taken more American lives than the 5.56 by a factory that would require more Zero's than I'd care too count.

Tack
Old 06-30-2013, 09:49 PM   #50

Liked 713 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graniteman View Post
Ok so I just bought a Ruger LCP to carry everyday. I spent about $500 for it with all the accessories. In order to please the wife I gave her $500 so she could go shopping. She seemed to like the idea and went with it. Now I really want to buy an AR-15 so I told her I would give her the same amount it costs me to buy it. She said no cause she doesn't want an assault rifle in the house. How can I convince her to let me get one?
You're a grown azz man. If your bills are paid, you work for your money, and you have the extra money to spare, just go get one. She's you're wife, not your mother.
Trust me, she'll get over it. And if she's so controlling that she doesn't, you'll be better off without her anyway.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

People Like This 
Closed Thread