Wife says no to purchasing AR-15 - Page 16
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Wife says no to purchasing AR-15

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 03:19 AM   #151
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8839 Times on 5115 Posts
Likes Given: 11538

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Winds, progress has been made. but I don't know that we will ever be completely rid of chauvinists. The best thing you can do is stand straight up to the guy and tell him you can out-shoot him and your more of a man than he'll ever be!

The confusion on his face will be priceless.
Best insult I ever heard came from a woman I used to work with. She told the jerk:

"I'm more of a man than you'll ever be and more woman then you'll ever get!"

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 07-09-2013, 03:53 AM   #152
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
the problem is that some men have their mentalities stuck about 100 years ago and have not moved with progress. caveman mentality! bop on the head, and drag them by the hair back to the cave.

my brother and i are passing our legacy of shooting and guns to his daughters, who are 11 and 13. they are enjoying learning how to shoot and we are teaching them to be safe and responsible with firearms. we have gotten them shooting my Ruger 22/45, my wifes Bersa 380 and my brothers Taurus 25acp in pistols. my older niece loves my Marlin 60 and does quite well with it, but my younger neice just doesn't have long enough arms! pretty soon, i plan on teaching them shotgun shooting with the 20 ga. with some light loads. the smiles on their faces when they are shootings priceless and very rewarding.
My daughter started to learn about guns at 9 yrs old. She as a bit small for most but by 11 she was shooting about anything we would put in her hands. She's an excellent shot now at 22.
Like most females just tell her she can't do something and she will get to proving just how wrong you can be. Women make great shooters. Many times better than men. In my daughters case I'd put her against about anyone. She'll hustle you if you are not careful.

Never underestimate a woman...You'll most always end up with egg of your face and a heaping helping of crow for desert.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

People Like This 
Old 07-09-2013, 07:08 AM   #153
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
My daughter started to learn about guns at 9 yrs old. She as a bit small for most but by 11 she was shooting about anything we would put in her hands. She's an excellent shot now at 22.
Like most females just tell her she can't do something and she will get to proving just how wrong you can be. Women make great shooters. Many times better than men. In my daughters case I'd put her against about anyone. She'll hustle you if you are not careful.

Never underestimate a woman...You'll most always end up with egg of your face and a heaping helping of crow for desert.
i agree!

for many years, we were led to believe that women were the weaker sex, but those days are pretty much gone, with the exception of a few uninformed knucledraggers! personally, i want my wife to be able to defend herself if needed. i can't be with her 24/7 as much as i'd like to always be there if something were to happen, but that's just not possible.

like i said, i like seeing more women getting involved in firearms and not just for SD or protection, but for the sport and fun of it. we live in times now, when it's not just the sons the fathers are teaching to shoot but their daughters as well. and many of them are enjoying it and many are becoming very good shooters as well.
Old 07-09-2013, 07:17 AM   #154
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7813 Times on 4689 Posts
Likes Given: 9825

Quote:
Like most females just tell her she can't do something and she will get to proving just how wrong you can be.
Hahaha.....that is me to a "T".
People Like This 
Old 07-09-2013, 07:20 AM   #155
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
that's one thing that many admire about you, is that have a "can do" attitude!
Old 07-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #156
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2394 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 2512

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_x View Post
Ive learned with my two, my girl pays much more attention my boy tends to be a bull in a china shop lol
Have you ever seen the Mythbusters episode about "Bull in a China Shop"? Don't know if it's on YouTube, but if it's not, it should be. Real eye opener!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

racer_x Likes This 
Old 07-09-2013, 09:58 PM   #157

Liked 284 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

I look for it on Netflix I know they have some of there stuff.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:19 PM   #158

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
From you I would expect nothing short of that.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 07-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #159
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7813 Times on 4689 Posts
Likes Given: 9825

Quote:
From you I would expect nothing short of that.
I'm just a stubborn old lady. Survival of the fittest and I mean to survive.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:44 PM   #160
ECV

Better sex! Do it right and she will agree to whatever weapon you want. You please her, she will want you to be pleased. What have you got to lose. Perfect win win scenario. Hell you might even like it!

Closed Thread