Wife says no to purchasing AR-15 - Page 15
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Wife says no to purchasing AR-15

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 12:11 AM   #141
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Me, too. I'll shoot anything anyone puts in my hands. It may only be a couple rounds but I'm always game to try.

Often I'll ask to see it shot first so I can see how it acts.
Winds, i do about the same thing with my wife. when i get something new, i want her to know at least how to operate it and how it functions in case she might have need to use it. this serves two purposes, as she can see how it works and can have some idea as to what the recoil is like.

i can't stand some azzhat putting a gun into someones hands, especially a woman and then getting some big laugh out of their reaction to the recoil. stupid and immature is what it is. when i put one into my wifes hands, i tell her that it might have some healthy recoil, plus she has already seen me shoot it, so she has some indication of what it's going to do.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:12 AM   #142
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2369 Times on 1434 Posts
Likes Given: 2487

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Good point. But I would much rather make it clear I don't have to be a man to be better than him. And yeah, maybe I can out shoot him.
With your Ruger 22? Yeah, you'd kick his butt!!!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

People Like This 
Old 07-09-2013, 12:26 AM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Winds, progress has been made. but I don't know that we will ever be completely rid of chauvinists. The best thing you can do is stand straight up to the guy and tell him you can out-shoot him and your more of a man than he'll ever be!

The confusion on his face will be priceless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
Hilarious..Bet that guy is wondering wher4e3 his sales went to. Maybe he should send his wife to figure it out.

My wife would have probably did the same with the addition of the comment "you had a big old bowl of dumba$$ flakes today eh?". Then cut his Billy Gibbins beard off with a not too sharp knife (yes...she's mean like that when provoked!).

He was probably pissed because he gets outshot by women a lot or something.
the problem is that some men have their mentalities stuck about 100 years ago and have not moved with progress. caveman mentality! bop on the head, and drag them by the hair back to the cave.

my brother and i are passing our legacy of shooting and guns to his daughters, who are 11 and 13. they are enjoying learning how to shoot and we are teaching them to be safe and responsible with firearms. we have gotten them shooting my Ruger 22/45, my wifes Bersa 380 and my brothers Taurus 25acp in pistols. my older niece loves my Marlin 60 and does quite well with it, but my younger neice just doesn't have long enough arms! pretty soon, i plan on teaching them shotgun shooting with the 20 ga. with some light loads. the smiles on their faces when they are shootingis priceless and very rewarding.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:53 AM   #144
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1337 Times on 701 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
the problem is that some men have their mentalities stuck about 100 years ago and have not moved with progress. caveman mentality! bop on the head, and drag them by the hair back to the cave.

my brother and i are passing our legacy of shooting and guns to his daughters, who are 11 and 13. they are enjoying learning how to shoot and we are teaching them to be safe and responsible with firearms. we have gotten them shooting my Ruger 22/45, my wifes Bersa 380 and my brothers Taurus 25acp in pistols. my older niece loves my Marlin 60 and does quite well with it, but my younger neice just doesn't have long enough arms! pretty soon, i plan on teaching them shotgun shooting with the 20 ga. with some light loads. the smiles on their faces when they are shootingis priceless and very rewarding.
Kudos, Axxe! I'm old fashioned and think there are certain things that we shouldn't change, but keeping women barefoot and pregnant is over! Shooting doesn't make a woman any less female, and there is nothing so complex that they can't understand it. Your nieces will thank you well into their adulthood for the lessons you teach them today, and the time spent with them doing it is priceless.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

People Like This 
Old 07-09-2013, 01:26 AM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Kudos, Axxe! I'm old fashioned and think there are certain things that we shouldn't change, but keeping women barefoot and pregnant is over! Shooting doesn't make a woman any less female, and there is nothing so complex that they can't understand it. Your nieces will thank you well into their adulthood for the lessons you teach them today, and the time spent with them doing it is priceless.
i am old fashioned to an extent, that i treat my wife with respect and some of the old fashioned ways are not going to change. but i still treat my wife and women in general as equals. hell, i still open doors for my wife!

spending time teaching my nieces to shoot is a very enjoyable way to spend the day.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:33 AM   #146

Liked 284 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

Ive learned with my two, my girl pays much more attention my boy tends to be a bull in a china shop lol

Last edited by racer_x; 07-09-2013 at 01:37 AM.
People Like This 
Old 07-09-2013, 01:58 AM   #147

Liked 244 Times on 180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg

Well the days of keeping my wife pregnant was over after her hysterectomy, but as I look at her now she is still barefoot. Just kidding she is a terrific wife. She hasn't gone shooting with me in a long while now that I have to drive to a range. She used to a little when we could shoot right from our carport. She enjoyed the muzzle loader more than anything. She does not mind me buying anything I want and I would never strain our budget just for something a want.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:09 AM   #148

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

Winds, i do about the same thing with my wife. when i get something new, i want her to know at least how to operate it and how it functions in case she might have need to use it. this serves two purposes, as she can see how it works and can have some idea as to what the recoil is like.

i can't stand some azzhat putting a gun into someones hands, especially a woman and then getting some big laugh out of their reaction to the recoil. stupid and immature is what it is. when i put one into my wifes hands, i tell her that it might have some healthy recoil, plus she has already seen me shoot it, so she has some indication of what it's going to do.
I feel ya on this one. I taught a coworker how to shoot, she did better then me my first time. But I taught her with a 1911. I told her this is a very powerful caliber. I told her it's going to kick and I kept her completely comfortable. Loaded one round into the mag and literally held her hands. I did this 3 times before she shot on her own. After each shot I told her to fix one thing and then she was shooting full Mags and nailing bullseye.

Her friend wanted me to teach her how to shoot. I tell her ya what do you have. This woman was tiny. She told me she had a snubnose judge a family member had given to her. I said sell that thing I wouldn't even shoot that.

Didn't quite get why someone would give such a high caliber gun to such a small women. Kinda upset me honestly. But you can't right every wrong and that's just something you got to deal with.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:03 AM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
I feel ya on this one. I taught a coworker how to shoot, she did better then me my first time. But I taught her with a 1911. I told her this is a very powerful caliber. I told her it's going to kick and I kept her completely comfortable. Loaded one round into the mag and literally held her hands. I did this 3 times before she shot on her own. After each shot I told her to fix one thing and then she was shooting full Mags and nailing bullseye.

Her friend wanted me to teach her how to shoot. I tell her ya what do you have. This woman was tiny. She told me she had a snubnose judge a family member had given to her. I said sell that thing I wouldn't even shoot that.

Didn't quite get why someone would give such a high caliber gun to such a small women. Kinda upset me honestly. But you can't right every wrong and that's just something you got to deal with.
never assume that just because a person is smaller they can't handle recoil. my first wife weighed in at about 105, soaking wet, stood 5' 2" and could shoot a 44 magnum with the big boys, and embarrass them doing it!

my current wife handles hot 357 magnum loads out of a Dan Wesson with an 8.5" barrel with ease. i was joking with my father about it, and told him he might want to give her the pistol beings she could shoot it better than he could! and he bought the pistol new in 1980 or 81.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:11 AM   #150

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graniteman
Ok so I just bought a Ruger LCP to carry everyday. I spent about $500 for it with all the accessories. In order to please the wife I gave her $500 so she could go shopping. She seemed to like the idea and went with it. Now I really want to buy an AR-15 so I told her I would give her the same amount it costs me to buy it. She said no cause she doesn't want an assault rifle in the house. How can I convince her to let me get one?
start by telling her its not an assault rifle

if people wish to hate they should at least know what it is they are hating on

maybe a little education will open her eyes
axxe55 Likes This 
Closed Thread