Wife says no to purchasing AR-15 - Page 13
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Wife says no to purchasing AR-15

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2013, 05:55 PM   #121
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I don't like bolt actions, either.
not a thing wrong with that Winds. we all have our preferences. the important fact is that we enjoy shooting, whether it be men or women. personally i like to seeing more women getting involved in shooting, and not just for personal safety and protection, but the sport of shooting.

i remember several years ago when we went shopping for a pistol for my wife. well she had shot my friends 40 caliber Glock and liked the caliber, but didn't care for the Glock. well one store we went to, she asked to see some pistol in a 40 and the salesman said she might be better off with a 380 or maybe a 9mm at most beings she was a woman. kind of chapped raw and i decided we would do our business elsewhere. i did inform the salesman that his chauvinistic attitued just cost him a sale, and that my wife had no problems shooting a 40 or most handguns for that matter, and that she might even be a better pistol shooter than he was. my wife has no problems shooting a 40 and even shoots some hot 357 loads from my fathers 8.5" barreled Dan Wesson revolver with ease.

moral of the story, never assume that a woman can't handle larger calibers!
Old 07-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #122
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6751 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
not a thing wrong with that Winds. we all have our preferences. the important fact is that we enjoy shooting, whether it be men or women...........

I prefer cans, rocks, tree knots, etc to shoot at.

And I do like squeeze off a round or 2 of large caliber once in a while just to keep it interesting.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:25 PM   #123
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7817 Times on 4692 Posts
Likes Given: 9845

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post

I prefer cans, rocks, tree knots, etc to shoot at.

And I do like squeeze off a round or 2 of large caliber once in a while just to keep it interesting.
Me, too. I'll shoot anything anyone puts in my hands. It may only be a couple rounds but I'm always game to try.

Often I'll ask to see it shot first so I can see how it acts.
People Like This 
Old 07-08-2013, 06:51 AM   #124

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graniteman
Ok so I just bought a Ruger LCP to carry everyday. I spent about $500 for it with all the accessories. In order to please the wife I gave her $500 so she could go shopping. She seemed to like the idea and went with it. Now I really want to buy an AR-15 so I told her I would give her the same amount it costs me to buy it. She said no cause she doesn't want an assault rifle in the house. How can I convince her to let me get one?
Simple answer. Grow a pair and get one anyway. Trust me, my wife has control problems also. The best thing about that is they eventually """get over it"""!! I don't mean to sound mean but there are boundaries people like us need to put up and in MY house firearms is #1. Don't tell me what to do, carry, or buy. Ever!! And don't act afraid of her leaving you. If she really loved you she wouldn't be irrational and leave. And if she does you wouldn't want someone like that anyway.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #125

Liked 47 Times on 33 Posts

Or you could try and compromise with her. Maybe buying a part to build one yourself, every little here and there

Old 07-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #126

Liked 79 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graniteman View Post
Ok so I just bought a Ruger LCP to carry everyday. I spent about $500 for it with all the accessories. In order to please the wife I gave her $500 so she could go shopping. She seemed to like the idea and went with it. Now I really want to buy an AR-15 so I told her I would give her the same amount it costs me to buy it. She said no cause she doesn't want an assault rifle in the house. How can I convince her to let me get one?
First of all... Tell her its not an "Assult Rifle", but rather its a Sport Utility Rifle (SURE). Its the left wingers who have given the AR15 a bad name by calling it an assult rifle. Im guessing the next time someone takes out a bunch of people with a bow and arrow they are going to call that an "Assult Bow"! And that my friend will also be banned!

Sig P220 Equinox, Sig P238
CZ P01 SDP, CZ 75-PCR
Glock 19
S&W M&P 45ACP, S&W M&P Shield 9MM
Kimber Ultra Carry II
Kimber Sapphire Ultra Carry II
Kimber Stainless Pro Raptor II
Kel Tec PF9, Kel Tec P32
Ruger SR9, Ruger SR9C
Remington 887 Nitro Mag Tactical (12g)
Walther PPS
Ruger SR556E
Springfield XDs 9MM/45 ACP
SKS Chinese Norinco
Mosin Nagant 91/30 (2)
NRA Member

Old 07-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #127
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1082 Times on 490 Posts
Likes Given: 81

Sounds like she has said no to buying one, but not to building one. Build yourself a sport utility rifle, not an assault rifle! Assault rifle implies that you have no morals and/or self control and will act out with heinous disregard for human life if you were to own an evil black rifle. I hope that you come up with a way to get one as they are certainly a joy to shoot.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Old 07-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #128
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1337 Times on 701 Posts
Likes Given: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
not a thing wrong with that Winds. we all have our preferences. the important fact is that we enjoy shooting, whether it be men or women. personally i like to seeing more women getting involved in shooting, and not just for personal safety and protection, but the sport of shooting.

i remember several years ago when we went shopping for a pistol for my wife. well she had shot my friends 40 caliber Glock and liked the caliber, but didn't care for the Glock. well one store we went to, she asked to see some pistol in a 40 and the salesman said she might be better off with a 380 or maybe a 9mm at most beings she was a woman. kind of chapped raw and i decided we would do our business elsewhere. i did inform the salesman that his chauvinistic attitued just cost him a sale, and that my wife had no problems shooting a 40 or most handguns for that matter, and that she might even be a better pistol shooter than he was. my wife has no problems shooting a 40 and even shoots some hot 357 loads from my fathers 8.5" barreled Dan Wesson revolver with ease.

My wife had a similar issue. We had completed our shooting class at the local police training facility and were in our backyard practicing when the rear sight of here Glock 21 just fell off! So she looks up the local Glock armorer (there was only one - it was a small town) and takes it in. She explains to the ZZ Top-bearded guy behind the counter what happened and asks if he can replace it. He stares at her a minute, then he offers, "Maybe you should have your husband bring in his own gun." This was her gun, registered to, shot, cleaned and carried by her! She read him the riot act and left, eventually sending the slide to Glock for repair. Not only did he blow that sale, my wife told EVERYONE that she met what a mysoginist he was and she railed against anyone buying anything from his shop. She was probably personally responsible for about $25,000 of lost sales to his store.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

People Like This 
Old 07-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #129
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3113 Times on 1788 Posts
Likes Given: 1325

I would rather ask for her forgiveness than ask for her permission.

Once the act is finished, what can she do? Force me to sell it?

And there really are no assault weapons available to buy, only Sport Utility Rifles.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 07-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #130
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7817 Times on 4692 Posts
Likes Given: 9845

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
My wife had a similar issue. We had completed our shooting class at the local police training facility and were in our backyard practicing when the rear sight of here Glock 21 just fell off! So she looks up the local Glock armorer (there was only one - it was a small town) and takes it in. She explains to the ZZ Top-bearded guy behind the counter what happened and asks if he can replace it. He stares at her a minute, then he offers, "Maybe you should have your husband bring in his own gun." This was her gun, registered to, shot, cleaned and carried by her! She read him the riot act and left, eventually sending the slide to Glock for repair. Not only did he blow that sale, my wife told EVERYONE that she met what a mysoginist he was and she railed against anyone buying anything from his shop. She was probably personally responsible for about $25,000 of lost sales to his store.
I shouldn't see stories like this. I am trying to get over the feeling that very often women are "victims" simply because we're women. What would make an encounter like that even worse for me is I don't even HAVE a husband.
People Like This 
Closed Thread