Wife says no to purchasing AR-15 - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Wife says no to purchasing AR-15

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 11:54 PM   #91
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

^^^^^100% this!^^^^^

Kfox has given some really good advice.

i'll be honest, i am on my third marriage, and having come from one in the past where i had a wife that felt i needed to ask her permission to do something or go somewhere or buy something. i fully understand. i haven't asked permission since i left my parents house. i am an adult and shouldn't have to. my current wife and i discuss and comunicate and reach compromises. if we needed a new washing machine, then i don't buy a something i want, instead of what we need. my wife and are equal partners in our marriage, and we both work at making the marriage happy.

ultimatums are a bad thing and can lead to somebody getting their feelings hurt if not careful.

Old 07-04-2013, 12:33 AM   #92

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr1943 View Post
DEEP IN THE DNA OF MAN EXISTS A KILLER GENE
A miniaturized shotgun effect is generated through this ingenious design. Ordinary table salt is utilized as a lethal projectile with accuracy range of within 3 feet. Bugs will remain whole for easy clean up.

NO LICENSES, NO LIMITS, NO BATTERIES
Insect hunting as sport has entered the 21st century with this fun, new non-toxic device.

INSTRUCTIONS
1.Lift LOADER CAP and pour in ordinary granulated table salt (Holds about 50 shots).
2.SLIDE COCKING HANDLE towards you and push away towards barrel of gun. This action will activate AUTO-SAFETY and POP-UP SIGHT will appear, indicating gun is ready to fire!
3.Release AUTO-SAFETY by clicking towards you.
4.Aim at target and fire!
FEATURES
Non-Toxic
No batteries
Extremely inexpensive to use
Excellent for flies on windows
Excellent for bugs on ceilings and in corners
Fun—Say goodbye to insect intruders

I have one of those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love it....I bought several of them for family as gifts. We're talking about a shoot at the next grill out..heh

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 07-04-2013, 12:57 AM   #93

Liked 2851 Times on 1689 Posts
Likes Given: 1879

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
I love it....I bought several of them for family as gifts. We're talking about a shoot at the next grill out..heh
i don't quite get it?

is this a special gun or just dumping salt into a water gun or something?

sorry....i'm a bit sloowww sometimes....

but...i want in...you kill bugs with it? does it work on wasps?

Old 07-04-2013, 01:19 AM   #94

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie

I took that idea, and loaded empty 12 gauge flare shells with a magnum primer and table salt. Blasts bugs to a splatter!
Old 07-04-2013, 01:22 AM   #95

Liked 47 Times on 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graniteman
Ok so I just bought a Ruger LCP to carry everyday. I spent about $500 for it with all the accessories. In order to please the wife I gave her $500 so she could go shopping. She seemed to like the idea and went with it. Now I really want to buy an AR-15 so I told her I would give her the same amount it costs me to buy it. She said no cause she doesn't want an assault rifle in the house. How can I convince her to let me get one?
Unless its got a fun button, an AR-15 isn't an "assault rifle"

Old 07-04-2013, 01:28 AM   #96
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
^^^^^100% this!^^^^^

i'll be honest, ... my wife and are equal partners in our marriage, and we both work at making the marriage happy. ...
My wife and I also have a 50/50 marriage... I'm wrong 50% of the time, she's right 50% of the time!
Old 07-04-2013, 01:34 AM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
i don't quite get it?

is this a special gun or just dumping salt into a water gun or something?

sorry....i'm a bit sloowww sometimes....

but...i want in...you kill bugs with it? does it work on wasps?
They where made by some artist guy to help pay for another project the way I understand it. They where made to do what they do and do it pretty well. It's like a pump action salt gun. They are pretty well built but are plastic. They are very solid though and have features that I find very interesting. Like the rear sight pops up when you cock the "weapon" THe salt loads in a hopper on top that has a snap down lid so you own spill it out. You can shoot it into your hand wit hyour hand around the muzzle and it will not hurt you. But it can drop a fly out to about 3.5 feet consistently.
I imagine they work some like a air powered pellet rifle. Maybe more like a red rider BB gun. You pull the trigger and you can hear what sounds like a pistol go forward. There are several YouTube vids made by the maker on his site or just on youtube. THe amount of salt fired is not very much at all. But it is very effective

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 07-04-2013, 01:36 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizord1 View Post
I took that idea, and loaded empty 12 gauge flare shells with a magnum primer and table salt. Blasts bugs to a splatter!
when I was a kid there was a farmer that used to shoot rock salt at the criminals stealing his apples. Man that hurt

I'd like to see your rounds work. It sounds really cool

Thomas Jefferson

Old 07-04-2013, 01:48 AM   #99

Liked 2851 Times on 1689 Posts
Likes Given: 1879

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
They where made by some artist guy to help pay for another project the way I understand it. They where made to do what they do and do it pretty well. It's like a pump action salt gun. They are pretty well built but are plastic. They are very solid though and have features that I find very interesting. Like the rear sight pops up when you cock the "weapon" THe salt loads in a hopper on top that has a snap down lid so you own spill it out. You can shoot it into your hand wit hyour hand around the muzzle and it will not hurt you. But it can drop a fly out to about 3.5 feet consistently.
I imagine they work some like a air powered pellet rifle. Maybe more like a red rider BB gun. You pull the trigger and you can hear what sounds like a pistol go forward. There are several YouTube vids made by the maker on his site or just on youtube. THe amount of salt fired is not very much at all. But it is very effective
LMAO!!!!!

i know what everyone i know is getting for christmas this year!
Old 07-04-2013, 01:59 AM   #100

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie

when I was a kid there was a farmer that used to shoot rock salt at the criminals stealing his apples. Man that hurt

I'd like to see your rounds work. It sounds really cool
Well, I'm one who likes everything weird, experimental, unconventional, neat, and unorthodox about firearms. I have a lot of old flare shells around, so I just put it a magnum primer, fill it with salt or confetti or something, load it up, and let it rip!
One of my friends actually used a pepper load I made (all he had was a flare gun at the time) to run some idiots out his house.