"The wife" - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > "The wife"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2011, 07:39 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

It's a way of saying: "I wanted to have fun but the wife went with me"

Consider this statement: Me and the wife went to the game yesterday.

What this really says is: I went to the game and she went with me. All I heard was: why are they doing that? what's his job? look at his butt! I'm hungry, I'm tired, this is boring and stupid, hold my hand, it's too hot, this chair hurts my butt etc. etc. etc. So we left early.

Seriously, I never say that; though I do type it. In real life I address her by name.
"---------\_/

Old 03-05-2011, 07:52 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jca1 View Post
In real life I address her by name.
WOW! "My" Wife freaks out when I call her by her name. She looks at me funny and wonders what she did wrong. She is used to "babe" or "honey".

Old 03-05-2011, 08:09 PM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6669 Times on 3549 Posts
Likes Given: 502

since my thewife doesnt work she better not complain :P
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 03-05-2011, 08:13 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jca1 View Post
It's a way of saying: "I wanted to have fun but the wife went with me"

Consider this statement: Me and the wife went to the game yesterday.

What this really says is: I went to the game and she went with me. All I heard was: why are they doing that? what's his job? look at his butt! I'm hungry, I'm tired, this is boring and stupid, hold my hand, it's too hot, this chair hurts my butt etc. etc. etc. So we left early.

Seriously, I never say that; though I do type it. In real life I address her by name.
That is funny true but still funny

Old 03-05-2011, 08:18 PM   #15
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3318 Times on 1608 Posts
Likes Given: 1669

You all need to be polite and respectful!

Example: The Beautiful Warden and I went shooting yesterday!!!!

Old 03-05-2011, 08:35 PM   #16

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

When introducing her in person to those she has not met it is always, "This is my wife, [name]."

Funny story: At a Celebration of Life party recently, I ran into a couple of gals I have known for nearly 30 years, but they had never met my wife. One of them asked before I could introduce them, "Is this your signifacant other?" As I started to answer, the ol' ball and chain responded, "Hi, I'm the mistress. Nice to meet you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Last edited by skullcrusher; 03-05-2011 at 08:38 PM.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:47 PM   #17

Liked 3740 Times on 1828 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

What about the guys that do own their wives ... you know, the mail order variety?

As for me, I don't own anybody ... but she is "my" girlfriend

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 03-05-2011, 08:54 PM   #18
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3318 Times on 1608 Posts
Likes Given: 1669

Skullcrusher!

Now that is funny!!

That reminds me of a true story concerning a student at a class and his wife last year. She came in a day later to the hotel. Low cut short dress and boots to set the stage! She went to the front desk on Tuesday and asked for the Officers room key. The officer had advised the manager on Monday he thought his wife might be joining him the following day (Tuesday) if she could get off work.The manager of the hotel gave her the key. She then seriously looked at the manager, Winked and said. Sir do me a favor! Response: "Certainly Mam!" If his wife should show up today please call the room immediately so I will know she is here and we can avoid an incident! The young manager about had a "coronary" but said as professionally as possible, as he stuttered Y-Y-Yes Mam! I will certainly do that! Little did he know this was Scott's wife and she was messing with him. We all had a good laugh about that for the rest of the week! Finally the young manager was filled in on the joke!

Old 03-05-2011, 10:41 PM   #19

Ya'll this is such a moot point.

Think about it. Women were made from a rib in a mans body. (Says it right in the bible) God ran out of room on the male body to put everything, so he took on of man's ribs and made a woMAN. SO, they are just carrying around all the extra parts that God did not have room to put on our own bodies! Taking that into consideration, MY or THE, or whatever, you are really just talking about yourself.

Old 03-05-2011, 10:57 PM   #20

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentghost View Post
Ya'll this is such a moot point.

Think about it. Women were made from a rib in a mans body. (Says it right in the bible) God ran out of room on the male body to put everything, so he took on of man's ribs and made a woMAN. SO, they are just carrying around all the extra parts that God did not have room to put on our own bodies! Taking that into consideration, MY or THE, or whatever, you are really just talking about yourself.

Oh man! The mental imagine I just had is disturbing! We are so lucky there wasn't enough room.
Lots of learning to be done!!

Lifetime NRA Member