Why a women only section? - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Why a women only section?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 154 Times on 91 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri70
Don't go in there! They will pull your man card!
Speaking of man card

image-1814162026.jpg

Old 11-27-2012, 03:01 PM   #12
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7814 Times on 4690 Posts
Likes Given: 9838

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
That's probably not the only thing they talk about. Women and men also think differently is some ways, so we would handle some things differently. I don't mind them having a forum to themselves, plus it looks like it's pretty slow. Besides, the vast majority of the rest of the forum is men (like 95-99%). Let the women have a place to themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
With them being so outnumbered, so few, and of such varying personalities, I don't think we have to worry about them having too much fun without us. Let them have their privacy. It's the same concept as them going to the bathroom together.

Besides, they probably spend less time talking about us behind our backs than we think they do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07 View Post
I just don't understand what firearms related discussions women have that don't at all pertain to ,an and women? Small of cleavage carry? What shoes go with what pistol? To me dividing us is exactly what the other side wants. I guess I'm just too old to understand.
There are several issues that pertain to women only. There are issues of self defense, how we may be treated at the gun shop or shooting range, family life, rape, health and other personal issues. It is not a very busy subforum but it is definitely serving it's purpose. It gives us women a safe place to discuss personal issues in private and to get opinions, sympathy, advice, caring, etc. from other women who understand.

There is also a "military only" thread that I am not allowed into. I don't care. I am not a part of that group and that's just the way life is. I don't have to be included in everything. Some things just don't pertain to me.

If any of you have any further complaints, feel free to PM Notdku. If you have any questions for me about the "Women Forum", feel free to PM me.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #13

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07 View Post
Not sure I understand why there is a women's only section and not a men's only section.

Shooting is one sport where men and women can compete at the same level and I have found that many women shooters are slightly better than men with the same experience level. I haven't see any women treated differently on this forum so. I mean guns are guns no matter who is behind the gun. Just thought women wanted everything to be equal and what not today???
Really? It's that big of a deal? Let the women have a place to discuss female stuff, I certainly don't care, nor do I want to know about "female" stuff.

''I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
J.B. Books

Old 11-27-2012, 05:07 PM   #14

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1969 View Post
Really? It's that big of a deal? Let the women have a place to discuss female stuff, I certainly don't care, nor do I want to know about "female" stuff.
No it is not a big deal. Just seen it and didn't understand why it is there when shooting is almost universal you pick up a gun and pull the trigger while pointing it at something or someone.

If someone has something so disturbing to them that they don't want all members of the board to see it maybe a PM, email or just not putting it out there would be a better thing to do.

Didn't mean to make anyone upset. Forget I even asked.

Old 11-28-2012, 04:57 PM   #15
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7814 Times on 4690 Posts
Likes Given: 9838

No problem asking. This is way more than a gun forum. We all discuss music, movies, videos, religion, politics, etc. If this were simply a gun forum, then I agree, shooting is shooting.

Even though the "Women's Forum" isn't very busy, it's been a very good place for us women to support each other on many different subjects.

racer_x Likes This