Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > why will the SHTF?

View Poll Results: Reason for SHTF:
Major earthquake 1 3.85%
Other natural disaster 3 11.54%
Terrorist attack 8 30.77%
Economic collapse 10 38.46%
Government excess/Revolution 8 30.77%
Nuclear attack 4 15.38%
Chemical/biological attack 4 15.38%
Other act of war 2 7.69%
Ecological crisis (e.g. lack of water) 3 11.54%
Other 1 3.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2007, 11:59 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I often wonder if the Mad Max days are just ahead of us at times,I remember back in the late 60's and early 70's,when the Women's Lib Movement/Anti-Vietnam war protestors was strong and heavy and I remember my grandpa saying then,If women get equal rights and flood the workplace it will only take 20-30 years for what we know as a common family to be destoyed,and if these bleeding heart liberals ever run the show America these people will slowly decay America away-HE SAID THIS BACK IN THE DAY,DAMN NEAR TRUE!!!! The liberals scare me more than anything else

Old 08-26-2007, 03:40 PM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Soprano View Post
I often wonder if the Mad Max days are just ahead of us at times,I remember back in the late 60's and early 70's,when the Women's Lib Movement/Anti-Vietnam war protestors was strong and heavy and I remember my grandpa saying then,If women get equal rights and flood the workplace it will only take 20-30 years for what we know as a common family to be destoyed,and if these bleeding heart liberals ever run the show America these people will slowly decay America away-HE SAID THIS BACK IN THE DAY,DAMN NEAR TRUE!!!! The liberals scare me more than anything else
My wife still walks two paces behind me. (shorter legs)
Each generation learns less and less. You will never miss what you never knew or had.

Old 08-26-2007, 06:22 PM   #13
bkt

Liked 1304 Times on 663 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
I think a major flu pandemic or plague would shut down America. People would stop going to work, things would slowly shut down and chaos would ensue. That seems most likely. Then revolution from a tyrant President then economic collapse. Doesn't have to be an attack to cause it, could be just another depression from a multitude of ordinary things.
Fair enough. Do you think this is more likely than a deliberate attack?

Old 08-26-2007, 06:25 PM   #14
bkt

Liked 1304 Times on 663 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pounce View Post
You will never miss what you never knew or had.
That is an important observation. That is why it is very important to teach our kids things they won't learn in school. American history, for one. Foreign history, particularly as it pertains to our current enemies, for another.

Old 08-27-2007, 01:52 PM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Econonmic. $900 billion of treasury bonds etc. held by China. If they dump them theirs, the rest will probably follow. Talk about a tail spin..